The Kibitzer memorial Badass award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer memorial Badass award

Reaction Score
Christyn and ONO were very badass on offense and defense. AE had her BA moments but they were offset by missed defensive assignments and missed shots.

Reaction Score
Apparently I posted to BadAss awards. I was at the game and had problems with my phone posting it and it not coming up. Look 3 posts up for my BA award. I better learn how to use my phone by Monday.
Probably the reception at Webster. It is Bridgeport, after all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Senior day!!! Liv & Christyn clearly aren’t ready for their college careers to come to an end. It was close. But Liv gets my vote, playing perhaps the best Big Game in her college career.

Reaction Score
Luv and CW…. But these girls played some great D after the first quarter. Azzi kept them afloat in the first quarter. AE hit those boards like crazy. And Paige was pretty close to Paige

Reaction Score
Paige
There were 4 double digit scorers. I could make a case for 9 players. There were 4 in stats that made a difference. But there were 9 that put their shoulders together and won this easily lose-able game. This was a #3 team, not a push over.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In the words of The Kibitzer, BA, does not mean the player of the game, which I would say that was Liv. The KMBA in my opinion was Aaliyah, she took no prisoners when it came to the boards and going after loose balls. On one play she went to the floor for a loose ball while two Indiana players also went for it. The officials called a jump ball and it went to Indiana. After the play Rebecca was talking about one of the Hoosiers using her feet during the tie-up. I thought that was illegal using your feet, because last year they had called Nika for kicking the ball while doing the exact same thing.

Reaction Score
In the words of The Kibitzer, BA, does not mean the player of the game, which I would say that was Liv. The KMBA in my opinion was Aaliyah, she took no prisoners when it came to the boards and going after loose balls. On one play she went to the floor for a loose ball while two Indiana players also went for it. The officials called a jump ball and it went to Indiana. After the play Rebecca was talking about one of the Hoosiers using her feet during the tie-up. I thought that was illegal using your feet, because last year they had called Nika for kicking the ball while doing the exact same thing.
Thanks for reminding folk that bad assery is not the same as player of the game or filler of the stat sheet. I think that your phrase "took no prisoners" is a great shorthand.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
me. i should get it.
somewhere around the beginning of 2q, i started woofing at the iu bench and coach, 'u only got 3! how u gonna beat 9!' after a bit, a few heads started to spin around cuz i was relentless. u only got 3! today ain't ur day!
after a halftime break, where apparently every Bridgeport baller ever could be seen milling aboot (ok, that wuz cool, lot's of 'u ain't dead yet?' or 'i see that ur little cuz is tearing it up at Bassick' and such. friendly reminder- one of the very first girls hs all star tourney is called 'the schoolgirl classic,' from Bridgeport.)
3q kicks off. cw brought the handle bigtime, and we start in with 'u can't guard her! watch out! watch out! she's gonna break ur ankles! there she goes ....buckets!' over and over and over.... now, lot's of cranky bench heads spinning.
in a flash, it was like us by 20. game over. a good time was had by all, except mebbe that gendarme who kept looking at us. he never said anything. i bet we're related, or mebbe he had family in our group. Bridgeport is like that, and cw owned the locals. paige's crew looked like they all came from Darien or Avon, or wherever Trader Joes has a store.
cw smiled at us. a good time was had by all.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
AE, but it sure was nice to see Paige shake off that scare and return to the floor. She wants to win bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom