The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
E! She has always been the steady hand on the tiller. Last night she was that and the wind in the sails.

Reaction Score
E... Need to think about starting her? Probably not a popular subject but it deserves debate.

Reaction Score
E... Need to think about starting her? Probably not a popular subject but it deserves debate.
Why ruin what is working. For whatever reason she was listless when she was a starter and wasn't an ideal point guard. Now she is mysteriously re-energized and you can plug her in wherever needed. The Westbrook of last night bears no resemblance to the Westbrook of earlier this season. If it ain't broke don't fix it - don't change a thing

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Liv, but Evina was everywhere last night.
Mama "E" reminds us why she left Knoxville and waited a year to play here. Why she said there was "unfinished business" to take care of.
Puts Geno on notice that whatever needs to get done, at whatever point in the game, she's ready to rock n' roll.
On an off night, "E" does a little bit of everything. When she's hitting on all eight cylinders, she does a lot of everything.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That was mentioned in the postgame thread, too. It's definitely something to think about. It seems to me that Evina's play has improved markedly since she's been coming off the bench, and if there's a cause and effect there, I wouldn't mess with it.

I think there's a great contrast between UConn with Evina at the point and Nika at the point. As someone pointed out, it starts from the moment one of them gets the ball in the back court. Nika's push-push-push, Evina's smooth and chill. The advantage I see in having Evina off the bench is that she can pretty much sub in for 1-4, whereas Nika is a pure point guard.

Either way, I think having both available is a great way to keep opponents discombobulated.

Reaction Score
No debate needed or necessary. She and her coach have already decided.
Not questioning the necessity just was opening it up for opinion. Maybe time will tell as to if things change some.

Reaction Score
Not questioning the necessity just was opening it up for opinion. Maybe time will tell as to if things change some.

Why change what isn't broke? It seems both E and the team have played a hell of a lot better since the change

Reaction Score
Why change what isn't broke? It seems both E and the team have played a hell of a lot better since the change
No contention that something is broke. Just wondering if there’s a possible uptick in our overall performance, start to finish, with her at the helm. Not intending to get into a Lincoln/Douglas-like debate here. If I’m coaching, and yes I understand I’m not, I make the change. Especially if Paige gets back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom