The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dorka
1644639828756.jpeg

You’re damn right she is!

Reaction Score
Dorka and AE. The bigs ruled. Also, a shoutout to the guards. CW and Nika were great

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
all youse who cite virtually the whole team individually (i've no beef with the 'whole team' citation) but persistently neglect to name nika after a game like this are either blind or, for some bizarre reason, have decided that she can't possibly be a vital contributor. geeez!

Reaction Score
For those of you who have 'disliked' or countered my choice of Dorka and/or Aaliyah including HuskyNan, rather than Christyn, why have you not 'disliked' all the others who have simply said Dorka, Aaliyah or Nika?

Is my point, 'not so much' about Christyn's contributions wrong? I do at least appreciate UConnfan 68's note that 'she kept the game out of reach.' I agree with that. And, Skeets, I look at every aspect of the game, as any good basketball fan would. Dorka played excellent defense, too, just as Christyn did...

However, HuskyNan and others, I thought the Kibitzer award was a personal opinion. My opinion was that the 'bigs' were the badasses last night. In other games, such as vs. Villanova, Christyn and Azzi shone more.

On to Marquette.

Reaction Score
all youse who cite virtually the whole team individually (i've no beef with the 'whole team' citation) but persistently neglect to name nika after a game like this are either blind or, for some bizarre reason, have decided that she can't possibly be a vital contributor. geeez!
I am not one to get into these types of “awards” but it seems to me it is generally awarded to the player with the best stats, which “badass” has little to do with.
As for Muhl, she is this years “player most likely to be disrespected”; I am sure Williams and Ono were glad to pass that dubious distinction to her!

Reaction Score
HuskyNan, you feel Christyn deserves equal billing tonight with Dorka and Aaliyah? My point was that she did most of her scoring after the game was well in hand. Was that incorrect?
Christyn's defense throughout the game, replete with 3 steals, was outstanding along with her ball sharing and aggressive scoring efforts deserve recognition.

Reaction Score
Christyn's defense throughout the game, replete with 3 steals, was outstanding along with her ball sharing and aggressive scoring efforts deserve recognition.
Unquestionably, Jaundicedeye, and I’m with you. My question was for HuskyNan wondering why my choice of Dorka and/or Aaliyah more so than Christyn deserved a ‘dislike’ on a thread that rarely sees those.

I thought this was about opinions. Oh, well…

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Unquestionably, Jaundicedeye, and I’m with you. My question was for HuskyNan wondering why my choice of Dorka and/or Aaliyah more so than Christyn deserved a ‘dislike’ on a thread that rarely sees those.

I thought this was about opinions. Oh, well…
for my part, i disliked the implication that scoring points is all that mattered in determining the BA. .... (and why, in the context of this thread, put shade on christyn? seemed gratuitous, out of place)

also, i'm not bashful with my 'dislikes.' sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Definitely the bigs. But want to mention NIKA played like a UCONN point guard tonight. Her best game. CW never stopped her intensity on offense and defense.
Disagree on Nika - she played better but still not at the level we need. Defense is a liability. Guards go right around her all the time

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For those of you who have 'disliked' or countered my choice of Dorka and/or Aaliyah including HuskyNan, rather than Christyn, why have you not 'disliked' all the others who have simply said Dorka, Aaliyah or Nika?

Is my point, 'not so much' about Christyn's contributions wrong? I do at least appreciate UConnfan 68's note that 'she kept the game out of reach.' I agree with that. And, Skeets, I look at every aspect of the game, as any good basketball fan would. Dorka played excellent defense, too, just as Christyn did...

However, HuskyNan and others, I thought the Kibitzer award was a personal opinion. My opinion was that the 'bigs' were the badasses last night. In other games, such as vs. Villanova, Christyn and Azzi shone more.

On to Marquette.
It is a personal opinion and I expressed mine.

Reaction Score
The bench for the best no look pass cheer and for encouraging the players all game long

Reaction Score
I am not one to get into these types of “awards” but it seems to me it is generally awarded to the player with the best stats, which “badass” has little to do with.
As for Muhl, she is this years “player most likely to be disrespected”; I am sure Williams and Ono were glad to pass that dubious distinction to her!
I say Dorka and Aaliyah were the badasses - huge turnaround from Wednesday's performance by both. It is noticeable that certain posters when talking about a great team effort leave one players name out, Nika. She wasn't the badass but certainly was a key part of a great team win. She easily could have had ten assists this game - between passes to open players for good looks and feeds for missed layups. She is team first every single game. Yet some on here see her as a place holder at best, I doubt her teammates or coaches feel the same way. Anybody noticed how both Aaliyah and Dorka responded to the last question in the presser?

Reaction Score
It is a personal opinion and I expressed mine.
Understood, last word from me on this: why a dislike for my opinion and not for anyone else who omitted Christyn?

No need to respond. It’s your prerogative to be selective.

Reaction Score
Understood, last word from me on this: why a dislike for my opinion and not for anyone else who omitted Christyn?

No need to respond. It’s your prerogative to be selective.
Don’t be so defensive about a dislike. People disagree with your opinion. They need not explain it. No big deal. If I wanted to know why I got dislikes from my posts, I’d need to hire a typist.

If I get both likes and dislikes from a post, I’ve generated a good post that provoked varied feelings.

Reaction Score
It was about Dorka and Aaliyah tonight (with lots of help all around).

Not so much CW... 16 points after the Huskies had built a big lead..
What you call a "big lead"? the final score was 84-60, take away Williams 16 points it would be 68-60....you call 8 points a big lead and with this team? This team needs every single point they can muster....right now.

Reaction Score
Don’t be so defensive about a dislike. People disagree with your opinion. They need not explain it. No big deal. If I wanted to know why I got dislikes from my posts, I’d need to hire a typist.

If I get both likes and dislikes from a post, I’ve generated a good post that provoked varied feelings.
My usual response, if and when I dislike a post and that poster goes about writing another post to ask me why I disliked his/her post. My standard pat reply...you always ask why people liked your prior posts or just accept they liked your opinion?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My usual response, if and when I dislike a post and that poster goes about writing another post to ask me why I disliked his/her post. My standard pat reply...you always ask why people liked your prior posts or just accept they liked your opinion?
I’ve seen people dislike a post with bad news, usually a tweet or article about an injury, so they’re just responding to the news in the post and not making any kind of statement about the poster

Reaction Score
@PacoSwede This is not an attack but you come across as nobody on this forum has a clue other than you about the game. The first 27 of 30 posts on this thread list Dorka or the bigs combined are they all wrong? Dorka was named player of the game did they get that wrong? You state you have no beef with the whole team citation. I got your dislike for that which included Nika.
I share the award when I see a total overall team effort (only six deep) with nobody doing something that makes me replay it 10 times.
Nika had a good game but with out the bigs we would have not won.
also, i'm not bashful with my 'dislikes.' sorry.
Again no attack but I hope you realize stating you are not bashful and sorry in the same sentence is a contradiction.
Sorry means feeling regret or penitence. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom