The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing that really struck me wasn’t how well she played, it was the fact that the moment wasn’t too much for her. She was ready to put the team on her shoulders.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Van Lith made the two very big 3’s in the 4th, no question, but was otherwise 3 for 12. Louisville stepped up and made plays in winning time; outside of Ducharme, Uconn did not. By and large none of them seemed very intent on even trying.
Such utter nonsense. None seemed intent on trying. Please. Because they lost? Losing a basketball game produces some unusual take aways.

Reaction Score
Caroline plays a lot like (stay with me here) Caitlyn Clark. She’s got ridiculous range, rebounds well, attacks the basket, passes the ball well and plays solid defense. She’s not at Clark’s level yet, but she could be. I’m excited about Caroline’s performance today, and I’m really excited about how good she’s going to be.
Great observation!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thing that really struck me wasn’t how well she played, it was the fact that the moment wasn’t too much for her. She was ready to put the team on her shoulders.
Yes, her expression didn’t change once during the game - that was very Maya-like. I’m not saying Caroline has Maya’s skills, I’m saying she’s got the same intense, down-to-business attitude.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Caroline plays a lot like (stay with me here) Caitlyn Clark. She’s got ridiculous range, rebounds well, attacks the basket, passes the ball well and plays solid defense. She’s not at Clark’s level yet, but she could be. I’m excited about Caroline’s performance today, and I’m really excited about how good she’s going to be.
Interesting and thinking about it Caroline seems a bit of a hybrid between Paige and Caitlyn. (stay with me here ;)) . Caitlyn is all about raw almost manic power and physical driving and tough shot making while Paige is all about efficiency and aesthetic artistry. I see Caroline in between those extremes. Of course, Caroline is not the passer / playmaker of either yet

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, at some point the light has to come on. Hopefully sooner rather than later. We could really use her right now. :rolleyes:
Oh, I agree. I just think putting an inexperienced freshman into a 3 point game against a Top 10 team on national TV isn’t the best way to build confidence. Geno had her in for 3 minutes to give her exposure; it’s probably the best way to give Amari an idea on what she needs to work on to be competitive against a top team.

Reaction Score
Caroline had a very good g@me. Unfortunately she needed to score 35
And had her teammates (the seniors) acknowledged she was even on the floor by getting her the ball in the first half she just might have.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I think Caroline should be a very good example for some of her teammates regarding her movement, aggressiveness, slick moves. I never thought that of Paige (except on defense) since I doubt other players could replicate her game since it was so intuitive and unique.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I think Caroline should be a very good example for some of her teammates regarding her movement, aggressiveness, slick moves. I never thought that of Paige (except on defense) since I doubt other players could replicate her game since it was so intuitive and unique.
DId you find yourself yelling “Move!” at the team in the 4th quarter? I did. I know they were tired but the Louisville defense didn’t have to work very hard late in the game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
DId you find yourself yelling “Move!” at the team in the 4th quarter? I did. I know they were tired but the Louisville defense didn’t have to work very hard late in the game.
Yes!

The other day I was thinking that the team has grown since Paige was hurt. After all, at the end of the game, everyone would just be standing around watching Paige dribble a couple of weeks ago, right? Then, bam!, in the fourth quarter against Louisville, everyone's standing around watching someone dribble, AND Dorka's under the basket with someone 10" shorter guarding her and they can't get her the ball.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yes!

The other day I was thinking that the team has grown since Paige was hurt. After all, at the end of the game, everyone would just be standing around watching Paige dribble a couple of weeks ago, right? Then, bam!, in the fourth quarter against Louisville, everyone's standing around watching someone dribble, AND Dorka's under the basket with someone 10" shorter guarding her and they can't get her the ball.
If I remember correctly that happened when CW was dribbling around the court looking for a shot or a drive to the basket. She rarely passes the ball unless she is completely stopped and is forced too pass it.

Reaction Score
Of course... Sweet Caroline. Nice post game Presser = kept to
the script but honest. One Game at a Time! Hold the line
and be at your best for March! ( whatever the seeding!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom