The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award

Reaction Score
I'm splitting it between Dorka and Evina. More important the team got it together when they had to. Looks like it is going to be a rough ride for any of the fan base that may have any form of a heart condition. ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember the last time that UConn had the starting five all score in double figures. They play like this the rest of the season and START hitting their shots they can have a chance to make to Minnesota in April.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not disagreeing with anybody's choices. All good. It seems like before Paige got hurt she was the badass a lot (Deservedly so). Now going forward it might be tougher to pick and maybe that is a good thing. It's going to take a team effort now. Today we had 5 players in double figures. This is the type of team effort we will need. Lots of "Grind it out" type games coming up.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dorka A breakout game
Tony, I was out in the yard doing some clean up just now and thinking about the game. I had to come back in, log on and add my two cents to the BA award for today. I HAVE NOT read anyone else's comments here before posting this. DORKA is absolutely the BA for the game. Others may disagree and that's fine. She's MY BadAss!! She had a break out game today that was desperately needed.

I said in the chatroom that Evina played her a** off today. She showed up BIG TIME!! 17 points, 7 reb, 7 assists and only 1 turn over in 39 mins. She single handedly kept us in the game in the first half, but she could not do it alone. A double-double of 16/16 cannot be ignored. We needed everyone of those 16 points, and remember........every rebound WE get is one less possession for them. Dorka came in with a lot of hype and expectations this year. She had been pretty much invisible to date. She decided to show up today when we needed her most. ONO and DeBerry were the only players not to shoot any FT today. :confused: Geno went with only 7 players today.

Back to back losses would have been devastating. :eek: This was a GUT CHECK game for UConn. They passed. They played hard, never waivered or gave up. I'm not going to tip my turban to Dorka. No sir, I'm taking it off and giving her a well deserved nod, and a thank you for a job well done. It was nice to see every starter finish in double figure, and UConn had balanced scoring in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Needless to say, the bus ride back to Storrs will be a lot more pleasant and jovial than if they had lost. :) Now we can all relax and enjoy this next week until the Louisville game a week from tomorrow.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dorka is a fair choice. Evina could have been also, but her dismal FT shooting down the stretch put her out of the running IMHO.
Yes it was dismal, but she finish 5/9 at the line. Our designated FT shooter should be Caroline. She was 4/4. Like another poster said I'm going to attribute those late game misses to fatigue. She played 39 minutes, way more than she's use to. :) Geno depended on her heavily today and she came through for him.

Reaction Score
I think the entire team deserves it. All were bad *** today in a must win situation.

Reaction Score
Dorka eeks out Evina. While Evina was the first half catalyst those missed free throws knocked her out of contention for the BA award. E sure played a hell of a game,

Reaction Score
Dorka A breakout game
I think Daniel Connolly said it best. Evina carried the Huskies early. Caroline did in the middle and Dorka closed it out.

Reaction Score
BAD ASS TO EVERYONE WHO WAS IN DOUBLE FIGURES =
5, Five, a full squad with 10 or more points.!!!
That being said, I agree that Dorka had a GREAT game, but UCLA really
beat up on Evina ( the "no call" hit to the face; NOTE = GENO'S "Technical" defense
of his point guard ). Evina was the "General" that
gathered up the troops during breaks and dead ball situations. Poise
savvy, and TRUE GRIT ..... IT TAKES A VILLAGE!= A heartwarming team
EFFORT. Even consider Christyn coming back for 11 points in the second half
after getting a verbal tongue lashing from GENO. The True Grit award is
shared by MANY. WELL DONE. ON TO THE Battle with Louisville!!
thus spoke Zarathustra

Reaction Score
Without Evina, particularly in the 1st half, none of the other player's efforts would have mattered. Besides running the team and hitting numerous clutch shots when the game was about to get out of UConn's control, she played strong D throughout. While other players had breaks, E, with her bad knee, was on the court most of the game.

Reaction Score
Evina's physical health is not at the present robust enough for her to play effectively for an entire game

Those missed free throws were the result of no legs remaining.
You don't use your legs much when shooting free throws, as you do with a jump shot or layup. If anything, she was not focused, probably due to fatigue, and did not use the same form as she normally does. One of her free throw attempts she missed E just kind of threw the ball up, another indication she was not as focused. Overall, her stamina is pretty good considering where she was two years ago and her increased workload this year. She certainly helped win the game for us.

Reaction Score
I think in this game, the "TEAM" came together without Paige and played like a team. Special kudos to Evina and Dorka but I was happy with everyone's contribution.
I was so pleased with the 14 points, steals (I think 4) 5 rebounds, as a 3rd game Freshman--my chest is popping as if I was her papa. Caroline gets the new kid Badass award. She's not too shabby on Defense either!!

Reaction Score
My wife must have had a premonition. She made Goulash last night for dinner. Dorka with 16 points and 16 rebounds. I also think she hit the floor 16 times as well today. Definitely BA!!!!!
Don't check the spelling--but I'd prefer --gee up key. )phonetically)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am in agreement that it’s between Dorka and Evina.

Evina really gave a Yeomans effort and at the end of the game she seem to be running on empty, meaning that she gave it everything she had. That is pretty bad ass.

But I think my vote goes to Dorka mostly because it was so surprising how everything came together for her, but also because the semi-drunk UCLA fan who was sitting behind me kept going “oh my God the blonde girl’s got another rebound, that’s number 14 for number 14.” (and yes I realize she went 16 and 16 for the double double.). So, I think when your effort is so good that the other teams fans root for you, that’s pretty bad ass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Evina. Without her, UConn would have been down by 20 in the first half. She kept them in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom