THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond | Page 9 | The Boneyard

THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
At this point, it seems pretty clear that Kasongo really wants UConn but everyone else in his camp doesn't want him to go there. This makes me wonder if he is being swayed so much by these people in his camp... do we even want him at UConn if there's going to be people in his ear constantly trying to pull him away?

This is quite the saga
Also possible the Evans guy is allied with Oregon! Zag reported and Crystal ball guys followed only after Evan made the announcement! Conjecture is fine as long as those of us conjecturing recognize other possibilities.

Reaction Score
I'm not suggesting he's affecting UConn recruiting. I'm suggesting that his recruiting "news" is very often inaccurate, but this board runs with it to the point where it takes on a life of its own and creates perceptions and expectations that are unwarranted.

He's a kid. It's kids talking to kids. I've got kids. They are historically unreliable reporters, and this board is increasingly being taken over by unreliable reports that are coming at warp speed every time one of these kids farts on twitter.

He's trying to bring an added value to the site, while you're on here talking about how you are drinking tonight. Guess what, no one cares. Maybe that booze will give you some beer muscles so you're not picking on 16 yr olds anymore. As someone suggested earlier, if you don't like his posts then ignore him, pretty simple.

Reaction Score
Here's a sweet picture of another Ray to hold everyone off until new news arrives.

image.jpg

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Ok. Y'all see that last tweet? He's totally c king with everyone

@RayKasongo32: Many know where I'm from O_O but few know where I'm going ^_~

Reaction Score
FWIW- He just had a little convo with the women's star Breanna Stewart.

Reaction Score
FWIW- He just had a little convo with the women's star Breanna Stewart.

Breanna was in attack mode for the Women's National Championship Game in April... Maybe up & down during the season, but she was a Star come the Post Season. The girl has talent... I think of this as a good sign. I love it when the Girl's & Guy's teams buddy up & get along. It's all good for the university & chemistry. Love it...

Reaction Score
This is the nuttiest thread that I have ever read. I must say from the time I left work, commuted home and ate dinner, the board went to heaven, hell and back to earth again. I wonder where we will end the night? I am loving this roller coaster. I am sure most others disagree, but I don't want this ride to stop. This is why I am addicted to the Boneyard!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is the nuttiest thread that I have ever read. I must say from the time I left work, commuted home and ate dinner, the board went to heaven, hell and back to earth again. I wonder where we will end the night? I am loving this roller coaster. I am sure most others disagree, but I don't want this ride to stop. This is why I am addicted to the Boneyard!
I like the ride. I'd prefer it if, when it stops, UConn gets the players we need, but if that doesn't happen I'll just get on the next ride!

Reaction Score
A little OT but D Robinson is being treated like a celeb at IU's first night. Walked out to assembly hall and got a standing O.

@IUsportsreport: Gotta love the "We want Devin" chants! That's 5 star @_drobbbb Devin Robinson #iubb

ctchamps

Reaction Score
A little OT but D Robinson is being treated like a celeb at IU's first night. Walked out to assembly hall and got a standing O.

@IUsportsreport: Gotta love the "We want Devin" chants! That's 5 star @_drobbbb Devin Robinson #iubb
Dang. I was hoping they would boo him!

Reaction Score

Huge trouble.........just hope they didn't give him a pair of Scott May autographed red striped warm up pants.........if they did we're screwed!

Reaction Score
He's tweeting all about how crazy it is. Just watched one of his instagram videos... That place is absolutely packed. Makes first night look minuscule.

Reaction Score
Hahaha sorry. I just didn't want to start a new thread... Too much of that going on lately.

Reaction Score
Hahaha sorry. I just didn't want to start a new thread... Too much of that going on lately.

I thought his video looked pretty tame. A lot of people. But all sitting on their hands. He surely was impressed by it though.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He's tweeting all about how crazy it is. Just watched one of his instagram videos... That place is absolutely packed. Makes first night look minuscule.
Yeah, all we got is Steph Dolson doing the funky chicken during her intro in front of 400 old people waiting to go to Kathy John's and 88 co-oeds waiting to go to Teds

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@3uconn: Sorry, I am being a cranky old bastard who is frustrated that twitter is now the standard for news reporting. I'm not on Facebook, twitter or anything like that, and this is one of few sites I frequent because, among other things, it generally had good info if you knew who to pay attention to, and always a good compilation of news from other sources.

I am just sour that twitter has become the substitute for news because it is so easily manipulated and so often wrong. You are merely the medium for bringing that information here and I shouldn't be directing my frustration at you.

Peace. Twitter away.

Reaction Score
3..So what's your take away from your convo with the kid. Does he verbal here once and for all in the next 12-24 hours or no? Its OK if you are wrong just looking for your gut instinct

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the source of truth at this point for whether or not we moved on is the coaching staff, not the kid.

Reaction Score
Something tells me that in the future we'll be asking "what ever happened to that Ray K kid" or "How did that Kasongo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom