The Judge's Ruling! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Judge's Ruling!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Let's compromise...

Hang the Kenpalm 8.

All of them.

I mean, do we let Jeffery Dahmer go free because Kuklinski killed more? Or Gacy? Kemper? Krzyzewski? No!
Has some possibilities.

Model it on The Chicago 8 Conspiracy Trial. We chose one of the eight as Jerry Rubin and one of the eight as Abbie Hoffman. Make Shizzle Judge Julius Hoffman.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
As a "civilian" now, please let me observe the fact that, if you could simply vote by acclimation, then the Boneyard would be unanimous, every year, that we win the tournament.

And yet, we find that there is a bit more to it than simply bread and circuses for the mob.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has some possibilities.

Model it on The Chicago 8 Conspiracy Trial. We chose one of the eight as Jerry Rubin and one of the eight as Abbie Hoffman. Make Shizzle Judge Julius Hoffman.
Include Davis, Dellinger, Froines, Hayden, and Weiner, and then add Kuntsler as the 8th, to honor Bobby Seale for having scored the mistrial.

Relatedly, I actually went looking for something themed on NCAA Basketball teams that recently self-imposed post-season bans and came up one short after Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, and Syracuse. Maybe KU did it twice.

This could be a voluntary offering by nominees elsewhere unchosen for other infractions.

Example: I'll go single post per thread, 3-word maximum, verbless for Game 1.

Truth: It's the only game we currently have.

I'm writing this from Louisville, so that's my claim, and now I suppose I have to figure out how to change an avatar photo temporarily.

Go Huskies!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Include Davis, Dellinger, Froines, Hayden, and Weiner, and then add Kuntsler as the 8th, to honor Bobby Seale for having scored the mistrial.

Relatedly, I actually went looking for something themed on NCAA Basketball teams that recently self-imposed post-season bans and came up one short after Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, and Syracuse. Maybe KU did it twice.

This could be a voluntary offering by nominees elsewhere unchosen for other infractions.

I'm writing this from Louisville, so that's my claim, and now I suppose I have to figure out how to change an avatar photo temporarily.

Go Huskies!
I'll go first.

I graduated from Iona (gs).

And last season I shoplifted the MOJO. Every last scrap of it. You'll never figure out how I did it. But I did.

And I ain't telling ya what I spent it on. But I will say, I did get it. And it was totally worth it. 03/17/2022.

Self ban for the duration of the Huskies 2023 run.

That should be something you all could support.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Go Huskies!
Add some obvious grammatical and spelling errors to your punishment and you get my vote if we indeed have to vote on this hanging. Given that we're under the gun to find a solution and nothing outstanding is forthcoming maybe we should just post in a manner that is obvious to at least some of our fellow Boneyarders as demonstrating something out of character or odd. For me I'm thinking of ending my posts with:

This is the way! I have spoken!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I wouldn't let that old codger handle the TV remote. You gave him the keys to the postseason.
I haven’t fought for the mojo this year, I’ve tried to let it run its course. But your not in but in shtick sucks. Either do it, or stay out of it. Stop backseat driving. Even when you’re right you’re wrong. I’ll now return to letting this die a dignified death.

Reaction Score
I haven’t fought for the mojo this year, I’ve tried to let it run its course. But your not in but in shtick sucks. Either do it, or stay out of it. Stop backseat driving. Even when you’re right you’re wrong. I’ll now return to letting this die a dignified death.
Yeah. You’re right. I guess Im not allowed to play armchair quarterback like everyone’s played to me the last 25 years.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah. You’re right. I guess Im not allowed to play armchair quarterback like everyone’s played to me the last 25 years.
Correct. You carry a different weight which comes with different responsibilities. When you criticize, you take all air out of the balloon. Good leaders don’t linger, they F it up for anyone trying to follow. What if Calhoun was in the press second guessing Danny? Lead or get the hell out of the way.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The mob is thirsty. Quench their thirst.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Correct. You carry a different weight which comes with different responsibilities. When you criticize, you take all air out of the balloon. Good leaders don’t linger, they F it up for anyone trying to follow. What if Calhoun was in the press second guessing Danny? Lead or get the hell out of the way.
This is the way! I have spoken!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Hare Trigger" was the cartoon that introduced Yosemite Sam to the public. So I'm intrigued at how he plays into this "mojo tsunami".

Happy Dance Party GIF by Looney Tunes
I did not know that was the first. I knew it was my favorite along with Fearless Freep.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any ruling that did not include 16 ounce Miller Lites was doomed to begin with. That Mojo walked right up and slapped us all in the face.
Appreciate the reminder. I was about to get a 12-pack of 12's.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I'll go first.

I graduated from Iona (gs).

And last season I shoplifted the MOJO. Every last scrap of it. You'll never figure out how I did it. But I did.

And I ain't telling ya what I spent it on. But I will say, I did get it. And it was totally worth it. 03/17/2022.

Self ban for the duration of the Huskies 2023 run.

That should be something you all could support.
So, this makes 2 times I have been hung around this place.

First time by Deepster. Second time, a self judgement.

Worked both times.

And, please note, I did re-channel all the Mojo, last year.

I am the only poster to have been hanged twice. And the only poster to have 2 championships won.

2 for 2 ladies and gentlemen. 2 for 2. Not entirely sure how to characterize the purloining of the Mojo from last year, but that worked, too.

Everyone hated the Judge's decision this year and it was ignored. My self hanging went largely unnoticed. But still, it derived the outcome.

With that, you guys can find a new way to elevate the officials necessary to properly administer justice that works.

Unlike a certain ex-coach from Upper Tier Central New York Lake Effect College of the Snow Belt, I am deciding to go out on top.

Reactions: caw

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So, this makes 2 times I have been hung around this place.

First time by Deepster. Second time, a self judgement.

Worked both times.

And, please note, I did re-channel all the Mojo, last year.

I am the only poster to have been hanged twice. And the only poster to have 2 championships won.

2 for 2 ladies and gentlemen. 2 for 2. Not entirely sure how to characterize the purloining of the Mojo from last year, but that worked, too.

Everyone hated the Judge's decision this year and it was ignored. My self hanging went largely unnoticed. But still, it derived the outcome.

With that, you guys can find a new way to elevate the officials necessary to properly administer justice that works.

Unlike a certain ex-coach from Upper Tier Central New York Lake Effect College of the Snow Belt, I am deciding to go out on top.

I get it. You need to be hanged next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OK, let me make a few things clear, at the outset.

I am acting as Judge this year because Deepster is a crazy person and can neither president anymore nor can he keep his peanut butter and jelly contaminated fingers out of the delicate workings of the Mojo.

Last season was (as predicted) an utter disaster. Entirely thanks to ....well you guys all witnessed it.

Rule 1, No Whining. This judgement might not believe what folks have had in mind, but understand that it is deserved.

Shizzle, come on down!

The Huskies were 14-0. They were, without question the most feared team in the NCAA, beating all comers by double digits and on a pathway to go undefeated, and in the most dominating manner possible.

Then Shizzle made that cruelly anti-mojo post about the G League and the wheels came clean off.

For this and other egregious sins against the Mojo (which can easily be fabricated as necessary), be is to be hung.

His sentence is as follows:

On each game day of the NCAA tourney, plus the preceding and following days ( for you slow-in-tbe-head folks, this means Weds through Monday, this weekend) he must post no fewer than 3 times, with no upper limit on his posts.

Each post shall begin and end with a paragraph (minimum of 30 words) extolling the virtues and benefits of the G League, with specific reference as to how this applicable to or is exemplified by the player, coach or team being discussed in the thread.

That is a lot of posts, I know. And it will be a staggering amount of bloviating that we will be forced to read or at least scroll past.

But, damn it, the SOB ...... Look what he did! Not just to the team, but to each of us, too. Hell, I wish him a lifetime job working in the PR department of one of the G League team's .

Anyway, I think this could work.

Thanks for listening.

And can I have a volunteer to be the Hangman, as I have reason to believe that Swami is working full time, these days, as a twerker at Drag Queen Story Hour in Chelsea, MA.

Thank you for your service.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The mojo this run was simple.

It started with the $2 Miller Lite game and Cooley's post game presser with his whiny comments. Perfect pairing of cheap, accessible beer with a moniker we could all wear proudly.

“For the many arrogant fans out there that don’t think this is one of the best New England basketball games — Connecticut has been very fortunate to have some incredible teams and incredible coaches, and this fan base is incredibly spoiled,” Cooley said toward the end of his eight minutes in front of the cameras and microphones. “Appreciate winning. Appreciate that. There's a reason why them dudes are in the Hall of Fame, on the men’s and women’s side. Don't get arrogant with it. Appreciate it and try to get the next one. That's what an educated fan base appreciates, and that's what the Friars do.”

And then the stat dorks and the nerd retort all tourney long. Every win gave the stat dorks more numbers to crunch and shove down our throats. Even though we appreciated the info and knew it was relevant, the nerd gifs were the proper response.

That was it. That was the mojo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It started with the $2 Miller Lite game and Cooley's post game presser with his whiny comments. Perfect pairing of cheap, accessible beer with a moniker we could all wear proudly.

“For the many arrogant fans out there that don’t think this is one of the best New England basketball games — Connecticut has been very fortunate to have some incredible teams and incredible coaches, and this fan base is incredibly spoiled,” Cooley said toward the end of his eight minutes in front of the cameras and microphones. “Appreciate winning. Appreciate that. There's a reason why them dudes are in the Hall of Fame, on the men’s and women’s side. Don't get arrogant with it. Appreciate it and try to get the next one. That's what an educated fan base appreciates, and that's what the Friars do.”

And then the stat dorks and the nerd retort all tourney long. Every win gave the stat dorks more numbers to crunch and shove down our throats. Even though we appreciated the info and knew it was relevant, the nerd gifs were the proper response.

I wore my Arrogant and Spoiled T-shirt for every game of the tournament. I thought the Cooley comments really brought everything together. The fans, the coaches, the players, we all rallied at that point.

Edit: I also stuck with my Haiku's from Shakespeare's Henry V, even though it got pretty hard there at the end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed, Chin.

Miller Lites? 36 posts into the thread "Providence Coach Admits $2 Beers Helped Fuel UConn Victory", I posted "If you don’t think Miller Lite has the Mojo attached to it, then you don’t know the Mojo. This years fuel just slapped you all right in the face."

Oh, and after that G League "sentence", I happened to toss Bill Murray into the Mojo cocktail and on the night we won our 5th title, there he is in a Joey California t shirt posing with Jonathan.

Oh, and let's not forget I was the one that had to slam my head into a brick wall to get you momo's to stop posting limericks.

Credit to ADub and the Math Nerds. They saw the wave and rode that as well.

Clear to me that this place missed me as Judge. This place needs me as Judge. I have officially un-retired and will be in full force next season for you all.

You're welcome for that and you're welcome for the 5th ring.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

With a cameo from Bill Murray as a mojo bonus!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And I for one am officially announcing I am retiring from using the "Nerd" or "Nerds" gif.

It can be boxed, wrapped and a bow tie put on top and put in to the 2022-2023 BY time capsule.

caw

Reaction Score

I’m not sure about others but I tried my hardest to be as nerdy and dorky as possible by posting as many relevant stats as possible.

Sure my actual job suffered a hair and a vendor may, or may not have gotten a spreadsheet with all of SDSUs statistics in their monthly file to process for me but it was worth it.

Reaction Score
And I for one am officially announcing I am retiring from using the "Nerd" or "Nerds" gif.

It can be boxed, wrapped and a bow tie put on top and put in to the 2022-2023 BY time capsule.
Along with all other mojo trends from championships past!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom