The Judge Speaks. | The Boneyard

The Judge Speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Judge Speaks

Twenty-five years ago, I first put on the robe as Boneyard Judge, trying and sentencing the “Dukie 5” in 1999. I have always taken my responsibilities very seriously here and I have had this year’s tournament in my sights since the final bars of “One Shining Moment” last April.

All season long, I’ve shunned our traditional Chicken Little mentality and this “Doomed!” nonsense. Not because I don’t believe in Mojo, but because our Mojo has grown and morphed. You all speak about being a blue blood, then when everyone says how good we are you shrink away into the shadows like a bunch of pansies. Not anymore. We are the best team in the country. We have been a wrecking ball for 13 months and we are about to demolish any unlucky team that is forced to share the same floor with us the rest of the way.

To do that…
  1. @August_West is banned from posting the rest of the season. This is more out of principle than for Mojo’s sake. As your Judge, I will not allow someone to disappear all season, fraternize with the PC board because he says “I don't like most of you”, then decide he feels like coming back for the final run at a repeat title. If you’d like to discuss the UConn tourney run from here? I’m sure the Friar fans would love to hear all about it. Mods - Please remove his posting privileges immediately.

2. Ready the gallows for @CL82 , @FfldCntyFan and @prankster . All season long, at any mention of your esteemed Judge, these 3 instantly dove into the same tired routine. And, I get it. They’re of limited intelligence and incapable of anything funny or innovative. The Three Stooges of the Boneyard.

But, as I’ve said all year, this ain’t the time. We are on the precipice of a repeat National Championship. Hallowed ground. Maybe the greatest 2 year run of any team dating back to the Wooden UCLA times. But no. They kept forcefeeding their nonsense back at your Judge and shunning the 25 years of thankless effort by me leading to our 5 National Championships. And, for those discretions? The Moe, Larry and Curly of the Yard will hang.

3. For the first time, we will also have a ceremonial judgement to celebrate the silver anniversary and a quarter century of Boneyard Justice. To commemorate the original Dukie 5, @Dove will get his skinny little pencil neck stretched again. But Judge Deepster! What Mojo could Dove possible conjur up?! Nothing. It’s like flicking a spent Bic lighter over and over and getting no flame…but he’s never once showed an ounce of remorse for picking Duke over UConn in 1999 and the Yard never forgets.
As always, there will be no trial for these trumped up charges and sentencing will take place at sundown tomorrow night (3/19). You can certainly make your recommendations for sentencing but I will likely not listen to you and already have my penalties drafted up and ready to roll.

Make no mistakes, folks. This is the big one and the Mojo is stronger than ever before. They may as well engrave the trophy right now.

Your Judge as spoken.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
fat skateboard GIF

Last edited:

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The Judge Speaks

Twenty-five years ago, I first put on the robe as Boneyard Judge, trying and sentencing the “Dukie 5” in 1999. I have always taken my responsibilities very seriously here and I have had this year’s tournament in my sights since the final bars of “One Shining Moment” last April.

All season long, I’ve shunned our traditional Chicken Little mentality and this “Doomed!” nonsense. Not because I don’t believe in Mojo, but because our Mojo has grown and morphed. You all speak about being a blue blood, then when everyone says how good we are you shrink away into the shadows like a bunch of pansies. Not anymore. We are the best team in the country. We have been a wrecking ball for 13 months and we are about to demolish any unlucky team that is forced to share the same floor with us the rest of the way.

To do that…
  1. @August_West is banned from posting the rest of the season. This is more out of principle than for Mojo’s sake. As your Judge, I will not allow someone to disappear all season, fraternize with the PC board because he says “I don't like most of you”, then decide he feels like coming back for the final run at a repeat title. If you’d like to discuss the UConn tourney run from here? I’m sure the Friar fans would love to hear all about it. Mods - Please remove his posting privileges immediately.

2. Ready the gallows for @CL82 , @FfldCntyFan and @prankster . All season long, at any mention of your esteemed Judge, these 3 instantly dove into the same tired routine. And, I get it. They’re of limited intelligence and incapable of anything funny or innovative. The Three Stooges of the Boneyard.

But, as I’ve said all year, this ain’t the time. We are on the precipice of a repeat National Championship. Hallowed ground. Maybe the greatest 2 year run of any team dating back to the Wooden UCLA times. But no. They kept forcefeeding their nonsense back at your Judge and shunning the 25 years of thankless effort by me leading to our 5 National Championships. And, for those discretions? The Moe, Larry and Curly of the Yard will hang.

3. For the first time, we will also have a ceremonial judgement to celebrate the silver anniversary and a quarter century of Boneyard Justice. To commemorate the original Dukie 5, @Dove will get his skinny little pencil neck stretched again. But Judge Deepster! What Mojo could Dove possible conjur up?! Nothing. It’s like flicking a spent Bic lighter over and over and getting no flame…but he’s never once showed an ounce of remorse for picking Duke over UConn in 1999 and the Yard never forgets.
As always, there will be no trial for these trumped up charges and sentencing will take place at sundown tomorrow night (3/19). You can certainly make your recommendations for sentencing but I will likely not listen to you and already have my penalties drafted up and ready to roll.

Make no mistakes, folks. This is the big one and the Mojo is stronger than ever before. They may as well engrave the trophy right now.

Your Judge as spoken.
What a dunce!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Judge Speaks

To do that…

Your Judge as spoken.
Can't even be bothered to spell "has" correctly, as he fumbles the mic drop.

Projects himself onto Adub after sporting a Cooley/Testiculo/Lite Beer mashup avatar during his first feckless grab for the fool's gold ring of authoritarian rule.

Bellows empty barrel ignorance with misspelled "judgement," as the perfect pairing with self-claimed certainty (yep, that'd be "arrogance" for those interested in word derivations) that his services are wanted or needed.

Macho chest-puffing ("pansies,") accompanies the casual sexism, the be-a-good-sport racism, the projected-ageism, the body-slurring, and more from the aggrieved historical majority's "I'm the victim" playbook, in vain, misplaced, desperate attempts to clutch onto out-of-date ways...rather than flinging the doors open to embrace the already well-evident mojo that is decentralized, self-organganizing, multi-pronged, free-range, organic, grassroots, team-focused, ego-suppressed, connected, leaderless, inclusive, humble, welcoming, collective, open-source, extra pass-assisted, non-retributive, emotional, analytical, passionate, positionless and already successfully hard at work.

Sure, the mission can use veterans with fidelity to the cause.

We can draw from wisdom and wile and strength borne of experience, but the cult of personality was shattered a year ago with the help of such qualities employed by the one who has delusionally returned from self-chosen retirement to do what isn't needed or wanted or appropriate.

Sure, he'll pronounce sentences, and he'll probably have or spark some good (even great) stuff. At least, he better. He's welcome to do so. He's likely to do so no matter what.

But if he doesn't, if he is instead shirks responsibilities and finds his comfort in the the central nervous system depressant that he never includes on his list of shaming topics, who would be shocked?

Join what's already in progress? Sure.

Claim that it's because of (or only possible via) you? No, and no thank you.

There's a way to perform service, and there's thanks for past service performed. You wisely gave up the cars keys. It takes courage to do so.

Regrets are not uncommon, but the petulance on display is the mark of toddlers and dodderers, both of whom can delight us, but neither of whom should ever drive the bus.

Hubris is a mortal enemy. You are its poster child in these posts.

Your lofty & loftily-claimed perch sets you up for potshots, which are a distraction and source of disharmony. Come down and join the team. We have great coaches and staff and players and fans doing this already. We ALL pull the sled.

Go Huskies!

Last edited:

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Heck! Maybe we should just stretch your stubby little neck.

"I quit!". "No I don't!". "Well, maybe I don't.". "Anyway, I've been doing this for 25 years. (Don't worry, senility really hasn't set in as far as I can remember.)"

My God but you are tedious.

Reaction Score
Heck! Maybe we should just stretch your stubby little neck.

"I quit!". "No I don't!". "Well, maybe I don't.". "Anyway, I've been doing this for 25 years. (Don't worry, senility really hasn't set in as far as I can remember.)"

My God but you are tedious.
Oh look. Here comes Prankster with the same ol' tired rhetoric. Doesn't realize we have actual Mojo work to do here. (Oh, and by the way...of the 3 Stooges, you'd be Larry. The "simple" one.")

E6F6104E-0457-4E7D-BC04-37B7657C6C92_4_5005_c.jpeg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Hang Val Ackerman

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What a dunce!
He's having fun trying to walk around with big boy pants on. Let's see where it gets him, it could be worth a few laughs.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

So the retired judge is trying to continue his Costanza maneuver:

“What, that? Are you kidding? I didn’t quit.”

This is merely a guess here but his decision to attempt to force this return on the good posters of the Boneyard most likely was due to a thought on his part such as this:

"I feel like my old self again. Totally inadequate, completely insecure, paranoid, neurotic. It’s a pleasure."

Yes, the basketball team we all hold dearly in our hearts (in some cases more so than some family members) has had an enormous amount of success over the past two and a half decades and yes, we have been able to bask in the pleasure of the many wonderful moments but, as last season was obviously due to a number of differing methods, utilized by numerous Boneyarders (what I believe can most correctly be categorized as free range mojo), as quite a few seasons prior to last, while we were still under the dictatorial thumb of Deepster, all we were able to claim was disappointment (was it really coincidental that once he relinquished the throne our men’s basketball program laid waste to the entire field?). I believe that an ideal illustration of Deepster’s inept jurisprudence was the dreadful turkey with ketchup sandwich fiasco, which in retrospect should have been a bannable offence. I could argue that the titles we had won were more in spite of his judgeship than because of it. Deepster could well end up saying something such as this:

"You know, if you take everything I’ve accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent."

Yet, he somehow believes that all he needs to do is return, days resigning (which was likely timed to avoid the embarrassment of being terminated) and the job would again be his. The thoughts running through his mind must resemble this:

"I’m disturbed, I’m depressed, I’m inadequate, I’ve got it all!"

Setting aside the offense I take to being compared to the Stooges (I’ve never been a fan of slapstick, especially bad, juvenile, repetitive slapstick), and of greater importance, keeping in mind the fact that there is work to do and a title to win, I am not fully opposed to Deepster playing Judge again. Being led by someone with the imagination of a cactus may be just what is needed to get us to Arizona. I will unequivocally comply as long as it does not interfere with free range mojo. I also will not offer any complaints unless it appears that what is asked of us will offend or insult the mojo Gods as I have a strong suspicion that the course this team is on can only be derailed by said Gods.

For the time being if he wants to be judge, I’ll play along.

Judge-1.jpg

Reaction Score

So the retired judge is trying to continue his Costanza maneuver:

“What, that? Are you kidding? I didn’t quit.”

This is merely a guess here but his decision to attempt to force this return on the good posters of the Boneyard most likely was due to a thought on his part such as this:

"I feel like my old self again. Totally inadequate, completely insecure, paranoid, neurotic. It’s a pleasure."

Yes, the basketball team we all hold dearly in our hearts (in some cases more so than some family members) has had an enormous amount of success over the past two and a half decades and yes, we have been able to bask in the pleasure of the many wonderful moments but, as last season was obviously due to a number of differing methods, utilized by numerous Boneyarders (what I believe can most correctly be categorized as free range mojo), as quite a few seasons prior to last, while we were still under the dictatorial thumb of Deepster, all we were able to claim was disappointment (was it really coincidental that once he relinquished the throne our men’s basketball program laid waste to the entire field?). I believe that an ideal illustration of Deepster’s inept jurisprudence was the dreadful turkey with ketchup sandwich fiasco, which in retrospect should have been a bannable offence. I could argue that the titles we had won were more in spite of his judgeship than because of it. Deepster could well end up saying something such as this:

"You know, if you take everything I’ve accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent."

Yet, he somehow believes that all he needs to do is return, days resigning (which was likely timed to avoid the embarrassment of being terminated) and the job would again be his. The thoughts running through his mind must resemble this:

"I’m disturbed, I’m depressed, I’m inadequate, I’ve got it all!"

Setting aside the offense I take to being compared to the Stooges (I’ve never been a fan of slapstick, especially bad, juvenile, repetitive slapstick), and of greater importance, keeping in mind the fact that there is work to do and a title to win, I am not fully opposed to Deepster playing Judge again. Being led by someone with the imagination of a cactus may be just what is needed to get us to Arizona. I will unequivocally comply as long as it does not interfere with free range mojo. I also will not offer any complaints unless it appears that what is asked of us will offend or insult the mojo Gods as I have a strong suspicion that the course this team is on can only be derailed by said Gods.

For the time being if he wants to be judge, I’ll play along.

View attachment 97856

FYI - You’d be Moe.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Again, Imagination of a cactus. That may be exactly what we will need to get to Arizona.

Reaction Score
Your Honor, I move that FFCountyFan be given a conditional pardon for his inadvertent transgressions. He appears to be a spirted young man with the best of Husky interests at heart. I ask that any hanging be suspended and he be given a chance to redeem his soul. Respectfully.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Your Honor, I move that FFCountyFan be given a conditional pardon for his inadvertent transgressions. He appears to be a spirted young man with the best of Husky interests at heart. I ask that any hanging be suspended and he be given a chance to redeem his soul. Respectfully.
Please don't take this the wrong way but:

A) I am far from young. From what I can gather from conversations over the (far too many) years spent on this board, I have at least a decade on Deepster

B) If he wants to hang me, let him get started. As I already stated, unless it turns out to be something that may anger or offend the mojo Gods 9he has done this far too often in the past), I will comply.

C) The last thing I would ever need is someone to fight my battles (not that this is a battle) for me, especially against the likes of Deepster.

Reaction Score
Watching this train wreck is leaving me feeling pretty conflicted. I’ve lost access to some user names over the decades but I have to admit, I want the mojo regardless of how this plays out. I’m too superstitious at my core to see it pass without it.

It’s sad to see the Judge looking like a cross between Uncle Rico throwing a football in Napoleon Dynamite and something like an Ex Husband trying to return home a year after the divorce was finalized. And instead of listening to the pleas of those who once respected you, and leaving before you’ve lost all self respect; instead you try to slip into bed between your ex and her new boyfriend. The more you dig in the more it shows you’ve lost your authority. That’s why an English teacher/sensitivity training consultant feels no fear about scolding you in public.

Your initial post completely sets fire to the entire reason for your existence. That alone shows you’ve become a monster, endangering the very mojo that you were sworn to protect. The same mojo that won 5 championships. The solution to me seems obvious….you need to hang. Make things right and maybe do something to bring back some morsel of self respect after this humiliation.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Watching this train wreck is leaving me feeling pretty conflicted. I’ve lost access to some user names over the decades but I have to admit, I want the mojo regardless of how this plays out. I’m too superstitious at my core to see it pass without it.

It’s sad to see the Judge looking like a cross between Uncle Rico throwing a football in Napoleon Dynamite and something like an Ex Husband trying to return home a year after the divorce was finalized. And instead of listening to the pleas of those who once respected you, and leaving before you’ve lost all self respect; instead you try to slip into bed between your ex and her new boyfriend. The more you dig in the more it shows you’ve lost your authority. That’s why an English teacher/sensitivity training consultant feels no fear about scolding you in public.

Your initial post completely sets fire to the entire reason for your existence. That alone shows you’ve become a monster, endangering the very mojo that you were sworn to protect. The same mojo that won 5 championships. The solution to me seems obvious….you need to hang. Make things right and maybe do something to bring back some morsel of self respect after this humiliation.

Just a thought.

I’ve never had a shred of self respect. Why start now?

Reaction Score
I’ve never had a shred of self respect. Why start now?
But….we used to enjoy your hijinks. Now you’re just like the Jim Boeheim of the Boneyard. Just take your appreciation day and go home. We shouldn’t have to take you behind the shed and put you out of your misery. Sometimes it’s just better to run off into the woods before the rabies sets in and we never have to see the body.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But….we used to enjoy your hijinks. Now you’re just like the Jim Boeheim of the Boneyard. Just take your appreciation day and go home. We shouldn’t have to take you behind the shed and put you out of your misery. Sometimes it’s just better to run off into the woods before the rabies sets in and we never have to see the body.

That’s odd. When I hinted at retiring, you all begged me to come back and save you last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom