The Judge Listens | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Judge Listens

Reaction Score
If you throw a virgin into the volcano, and you have a good year, next year you throw a virgin into the volcano.

Last year was complete chaos, and no one was put in ignore. This thing is already starting shaky

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Well, your warning lasted all of 18 minutes.

The Judge has you officially on "ignore" until "One Shining Moment" plays.
Go suck a wrench you dottering old fool. And get
Leticia Basketballridge thanks you for your input.
Senhor? That was me. Leticia? That was me. Last year? My self ban championship? That was me, too.

Shoo, shoo you stinking pile of poo!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Go suck a wrench you dottering old fool. And get

Senhor? That was me. Leticia? That was me. Last year? My self ban championship? That was me, too.

Shoo, shoo you stinking pile of poo!
Come to think of it....

Natty #1, the year the Mojo first achieved its prominence.....that was me, too!

Reaction Score
Come to think of it....

Natty #1, the year the Mojo first achieved its prominence.....that was me, too!
Please don’t make me drum up the senile nonsense you trotted out when you had your moment in the sun.

Go back out onto the front porch and wait for the nurse to bring you some pudding.

Reaction Score
If you throw a virgin into the volcano, and you have a good year, next year you throw a virgin into the volcano.

Last year was complete chaos, and no one was put in ignore. This thing is already starting shaky
Being a leader means making tough decisions.

CL82 is in the way of greatness. He had to go and I’m not afraid of making that call.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The Big East Tourney is almost here and winnin' time is upon us.

As always, I will continue to lead us on the journey for Ring #6 and, being the wise and fair Judge that I am? This is the point where I turn to you, the common folk of the Yard, for your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to lob your Mojo ideas and thoughts over the wall.

Trust me. I have a truckload of Mojo already simmering in the pot right now. I do know that, every decade or so, one of you actually has a good idea and of course, I'm willing to listen to those "needles in the haystack" here.

Oh, and @CL82 ? Your retread nonsense will not be tolerated from this point forward. We have a repeat title in our sights and I won't let your penny-ante retread commentary stand in our way. You've been warned.
I thought you quit. Go away.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We've been so good all season that the Yard has been in a relatively stable mood. With recency bias I nominate hanging @FriarJ for the way PC fans(clowns) were acting at the end of the game Saturday night. Other than that I have nothing.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
We've been so good all season that the Yard has been in a relatively stable mood. With recency bias I nominate hanging @FriarJ for the way PC fans(clowns) were acting at the end of the game Saturday night. Other than that I have nothing.
Definitely deserves it after his meltdown about foul calls post Providence Game 1. Has he been back since then?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Please don’t make me drum up the senile nonsense you trotted out when you had your moment in the sun.

Go back out onto the front porch and wait for the nurse to bring you some pudding.
Just as the rooster, claiming credit for.the sun coming up, simply because he crowed.

Deepster, Schrodinger's Judge, simultaneously quit and not quit.

Trying.to claim relevance where none obtains.

Reaction Score
Just as the rooster, claiming credit for.the sun coming up, simply because he crowed.

Deepster, Schrodinger's Judge, simultaneously quit and not quit.

Trying.to claim relevance where none obtains.
No. For the record, I retired and when I saw how bad you screwed the pooch, I came out of retirement and led us to yet another title.

Isn’t it almost time for pool aerobics, grampy?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the best course of action would be to allow Simple Jack to continue, believing that he is actually doing something while the real work is being done beyond the depth of his limited comprehension.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No. For the record, I retired and when I saw how bad you screwed the pooch, I came out of retirement and led us to yet another title.

Isn’t it almost time for pool aerobics, grampy?
Shoo shoo you old poo

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think the best course of action would be to allow Simple Jack to continue, believing that he is actually doing something while the real work is being done beyond the depth of his limited comprehension.

Will trains to Brooklyn & Boston run on time under the iron first of a self-proclaimed leader who hides from and disappears those who hold him accountable? Sing along...

Gulag Deepster,
Symbol of fright from below
Formerly relevant,
Retired now, and so...

Let him help us,
As one of many, but not as judge
If he can be a part of "We,"
Nothing can stop
the UConn Huskies now

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Will trains to Brooklyn & Boston run on time under the iron first of a self-proclaimed leader who hides from and disappears those who hold him accountable? Sing along...

Gulag Deepster,
Symbol of fright from below
Formerly relevant,
Retired now, and so...

Let him help us,
As one of many, but not as judge
If he can be a part of "We,"
Nothing can stop
the UConn Huskies now
You could be on to something there.

I already have the first two lines for every remaining haiku this season:

Deepster's not our Judge
Deepster is no longer Judge

All I'll need to do is fill in line three and make it opponent relevant.

This may in fact be the all purpose haiku I've been searching for and possibly the mojo source we need.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You could be on to something there.

I already have the first two lines for every remaining haiku this season:

Deepster's not our Judge
Deepster is no longer Judge

All I'll need to do is fill in line three and make it opponent relevant.

This may in fact be the all purpose haiku I've been searching for and possibly the mojo source we need.

"If you think affects the mojo, it affects the mojo" is an enduring contribution of someone invited to become a worker among workers.

Be like Alex
More int'rested in winning
than taking credit

Yes, faux ku above
Always one syllable off
And obviously so

Easy to correct
With a minor rewrite
If it were Game Day

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Big East Tourney is almost here and winnin' time is upon us.

As always, I will continue to lead us on the journey for Ring #6 and, being the wise and fair Judge that I am? This is the point where I turn to you, the common folk of the Yard, for your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to lob your Mojo ideas and thoughts over the wall.

Trust me. I have a truckload of Mojo already simmering in the pot right now. I do know that, every decade or so, one of you actually has a good idea and of course, I'm willing to listen to those "needles in the haystack" here.

Oh, and @CL82 ? Your retread nonsense will not be tolerated from this point forward. We have a repeat title in our sights and I won't let your penny-ante retread commentary stand in our way. You've been warned.

Maybe we need to celebrate more things that are 20+ years old. Is your iPod charged up? I can almost hear the Sopranos theme song. Next you'll want us to drink crappy beer in a green bottle.

So far my theme for 2023-24 is anti-mojo. No posts in the Haiku thread. Wearing cursed attire. It's a belief that the team is its own source of Mojo this time. Cam alone has enough Mojo to explode a small planet.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
"If you think affects the mojo, it affects the mojo" is an enduring contribution of someone invited to become a worker among workers.

Be like Alex
More int'rested in winning
than taking credit

Yes, faux ku above
Always one syllable off
And obviously so

Easy to correct
With a minor rewrite
If it were Game Day
Be just like Alex?

Be more like Alex?

Take Alex's lead?

Reaction Score
Maybe we need to celebrate more things that are 20+ years old. Is your iPod charged up? I can almost hear the Sopranos theme song. Next you'll want us to drink crappy beer in a green bottle.

So far my theme for 2023-24 is anti-mojo. No posts in the Haiku thread. Wearing cursed attire. It's a belief that the team is its own source of Mojo this time. Cam alone has enough Mojo to explode a small planet.
You know, I felt the same way. Then when I tried to pass the torch and move on? It was a disaster, everyone panicked and they begged me to come back so I did.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You know, I felt the same way. Then when I tried to pass the torch and move on? It was a disaster, everyone panicked and they begged me to come back so I did.
Please share this list of "everyone" who "begged" you to come back.

Because I believe it.consisted of you, and the guy staring back at you from your bathroom mirror.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Be just like Alex?

Be more like Alex?

Take Alex's lead?

What you've written comprises 3 separate "easy corrections" that would successfully turn a faux ku into a haiku.

With rare exceptions, I only write haiku in the Game Day Haiku Thread. This is in accordance with my considered take on what affects the mojo.

I've settled on the practice of writing near haiku that I call "faux ku," wherein one of the three lines is 'off' by a single syllable, either too short or too long.

Lately, I've moved toward making the 'mistake' very simple to correct, in order to give a clue that I've done it on purpose.

"Take Karaban's lead" was the starting point in my original.

In my other two examples, "obviously so" and "Needing but small editing" would work on game day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom