The Injury List | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Injury List

Reaction Score
Have posted this before but several local Texas Physical Therapists that specialize in sport injuries report that women's high school and college knee injuries are up 2-3X the past 10+ years. No formal studies to support cause but anecdotally they feel many coaches and programs have tried to increase performance through extreme work outs with knee, foot and ankle injuries often the result. Often a combination where as example bad ankle puts stress on foot or knee with stress fractures or ACL tears the result.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND walk-on Katie Cole out for the season with a knee injury. She actually played meaningful minutes against Villanova in last year's tournament. Hopefully this year's season-ending knee injury tally stops at 1.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
One more: Oregon recruit Nyara Sabally, a 6'4" forward and the MVP of both the 2017 FIBA U18 Class B European Tournament and the more recent FIBA U18 European Championship last August, is out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the U18 championship game (in which Germany defeated Spain).. She is the younger sister of Satou Sabally and likely would have been a candidate for freshman of the year in the Pac12 (an award won by Satou S. last year and Ionescu the year before).

Reaction Score
what a shame but I guess breaking an arm is better then breaking a leg

Reaction Score
and another..........it's really becoming a battle of attrition..........anybody who thinks teams can carry a short bench is taking quite a chance

Reaction Score
Hearing that Oregon State's Andrea Aquino is out for the season with a knee injury. Not yet confirmed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bad news outta Raleigh and for the Pack.

Starting PG out for the season with a non-contact injury. Head bang

She's a Graduate student who redshirted her freshman year due to a knee injury... so I would assume that her college career is over :(

Reaction Score
I really didn't envision this many injuries before the season even started.............really sad

Reaction Score
One more: Oregon recruit Nyara Sabally, a 6'4" forward and the MVP of both the 2017 FIBA U18 Class B European Tournament and the more recent FIBA U18 European Championship last August, is out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the U18 championship game (in which Germany defeated Spain).. She is the younger sister of Satou Sabally and likely would have been a candidate for freshman of the year in the Pac12 (an award won by Satou S. last year and Ionescu the year before).

That is a huge loss for them. Tough enough losing a 6'4" player but to lose one with talent and ability who could contribute immediately. I hope she heals fully.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Iowa point guard Kathy Doyle out 4-6 weeks. Broken hand.

Reaction Score
Hearing that Oregon State's Andrea Aquino is out for the season with a knee injury. Not yet confirmed.
Reporting back on Andrea Aquino's status from the Exhibition game yesterday. AA was dressed, and, was in all the warm ups yesterday. She is very fluid for a 6'9" player. She goes to the hoop like a guard and has some silkiness to her game. AA was the only player that did not play yesterday in the game, which makes me think the coaches are letting her heal from some ailment? But again, she was in warm ups and didn't look injured.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ugh... When she departed Austin I had wondered whether Boothe would ever find her way back to NCAA D1 basketball. This injury is going to lengthen those odds considerably.

Yeah sad to see. I might be in the minority, but I thought she had huge upside with her strength, size, quickness and perimeter skills. Players with her skill set don't grow on trees. Hope she recovers well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I didn't want to resort to this thread because I'm hoping for good news. For our South Carolina regulars;
what is the status of Alexis Jennings? I didn't see her name in the Alabama State box score and got worried.

This is a few days old but the latest I could find with a twitter search -

Reaction Score
Jennings dealing with some banged up issues. Nothing major. As tweet above says, we’re hoping to see her tomorrow night against Clemson. Cuevas-Moore also ended up being held out of the Bama State game, so the hope is we’ll see her make season debut too.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to resort to this thread because I'm hoping for good news. For our South Carolina regulars;
what is the status of Alexis Jennings? I didn't see her name in the Alabama State box score and got worried.
@cockhrnleghrn
@SCGamecock
@SCspur
@Gamecockfan77

She’s probable for Clemson tomorrow and will most definitely play against Maryland if there isn’t any more set backs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom