The Injury List | The Boneyard

The Injury List

Reaction Score
Unfortunately females are more susceptible to ACL tears do to anatomy. Apparently after 4 players went down with ACL tears at Notre Dame, they started new training programs to help prevent them for their players. Hopefully it works and other teams adopt similar injury prevention training because an injury (especially an ACL tear) is not something I'd wish on anyone.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
You can add Marta Sneizek from Stanford and Joyner Holmes to this list as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Didn’t I hear that ND already had some banged up players?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Didn’t I hear that ND already had some banged up players?

This was the report as of October 11:
1539975537885.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You're right Charlie B, this thread is depressing. Injuries are a part of playing sports. If you play, at some point you're going to get injured. If I had my way, no college athlete would suffer a season ending injury. It happen to me, I know the feeling. The worst day of my college career. :(

The best day by far was graduation day. The second best day was MOVING DAY!!! (going home for good) :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This was the report as of October 11:
View attachment 35391

Based on this video of a recent open scrimmage taken from the ND twitter site, Prohaska's ankle must be fine, because she's out there and her reddish-blonde hair can be seen in the blue practice uni fairly early on.
No sign of Shepard, Gilbert or Cole (if the article is on-target, her surgery would be today).

Reaction Score
These ACL injuries are just horrible. And what's worse is that these women are then far more susceptible to severe arthritis in that knee, requiring knee replacement. And the terrible thing about that is that those artificial knees only last fifteen years, requiring yet another surgery when these women are in their thirties. And the sad thing about that is that they can only have two knee replacements in a lifetime, or at least with current technology. So these women who have suffered ACL tears find themselves with severe arthritis later in life that can't be treated with a new artificial knee.

Makes me cringe just to consider.

Reaction Score
These ACL injuries are just horrible. And what's worse is that these women are then far more susceptible to severe arthritis in that knee, requiring knee replacement. And the terrible thing about that is that those artificial knees only last fifteen years, requiring yet another surgery when these women are in their thirties. And the sad thing about that is that they can only have two knee replacements in a lifetime, or at least with current technology. So these women who have suffered ACL tears find themselves with severe arthritis later in life that can't be treated with a new artificial knee.

Makes me cringe just to consider.
The replacement knees sometimes eliminates pain, but not always. My Ortho would no replace a knee under age 60. HE would not allow running or jumping with a replaced knee. The true fact o life (with replacement knees) is they are no where as wonderful as the one that came with you. I asked a number of Orthos about what caused MY arthritis and they don't know or don't want to offer an opinion. But I am certain running, jumping and extra long fast walking and yes BB took it's toll. I injured my right knee at age 5 and had issues with it my whole life but it was the left knee that was replaced--my bad knee is now my good knee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom