The House case | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The House case

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah, we been kicking this around here. Its the ultimate do what we tell you or else power play by the P5.

And it worked.

Act Two will be expanding the NCAA Tournament to capture more pieces of the pie to help recapture money that they lost.

Reaction Score
And it worked.

Act Two will be expanding the NCAA Tournament to capture more pieces of the pie to help recapture money that they lost.
No disagreement from me on either front. The low and midmajor schools seem terrified of losing the association of rhe larger schools. This has been clear for a while.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And it worked.

Thank you so much for the great work you do reminding all of us that we are not in the Big 10. We could not survive without you.

Reaction Score
I was told by people on the board UConn would be left out of the tournament in the future, now the tournament is going to expand. Interesting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was told by people on the board UConn would be left out of the tournament in the future...
Huh? What was the context on that?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You just cannot be dumber than the usual suspects here.

lol…like, have you paid any attention to what’s been happening?

Reaction Score
Huh? What was the context on that?
Just a handful or so posters who have been saying for many years that UConn basketball will be left out and won't be able to compete anymore. In recent years the talk turned to the couple/few power conferences will hold their own tournament leaving UConn and a bunch of other great basketball schools out of the tournament.

Reaction Score
Just a handful or so posters who have been saying for many years that UConn basketball will be left out and won't be able to compete anymore. In recent years the talk turned to the couple/few power conferences will hold their own tournament leaving UConn and a bunch of other great basketball schools out of the tournament.
I think the belief (not my belief, I have no ideal what the heck is going to happen) is that if the P4 don't get their way then they will do that. "Their way" is the addition of more NCAA bids, and their times getting those bids. If they don't, then they may walk from the NCAA and its tournament and start their own. Would the BE be invited? Who knows. Would it be on lesser terms? Who knows. Would the new P4 tournament be successful? Probably not as successful as the current tournament, but the P4 (really the P2) doesn't seem to care as long as they make more money in the short term.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ohhhhhh. I thought you meant the board of trustees of the university.

Reaction Score
I think the belief (not my belief, I have no ideal what the heck is going to happen) is that if the P4 don't get their way then they will do that. "Their way" is the addition of more NCAA bids, and their times getting those bids. If they don't, then they may walk from the NCAA and its tournament and start their own. Would the BE be invited? Who knows. Would it be on lesser terms? Who knows. Would the new P4 tournament be successful? Probably not as successful as the current tournament, but the P4 (really the P2) doesn't seem to care as long as they make more money in the short term.
The proposed settlement means the NCAA basketball tournament will remain in place for at least the next decade as that is the main funding for the settlement.

Reaction Score
You just cannot be dumber than the usual suspects here.

lol…like, have you paid any attention to what’s been happening?
I don't get the victory lap here. The schools hoarding most of the revenue just passed off most of the settlement onto the NCAA/Other 27 conferences. Most of the settlement money is going to P5 Football players. If they want to expand the tournament and get more bids, they will get just that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't get the victory lap here. The schools hoarding most of the revenue just passed off most of the settlement onto the NCAA/Other 27 conferences. Most of the settlement money is going to P5 Football players. If they want to expand the tournament and get more bids, they will get just that.

Victory lap?

It's another disaster in an ever unfolding series of disasters.

We don't have a free cent and we just got a $7M bill to pay Alabama's football players and another multimillion dollar yearly obligation for revenue sharing.

The "we're fine" crowd is a bunch of dingbats.

Reaction Score
Victory lap?

We don't have a free cent and we just got a $7M bill to pay Alabama's football players and another multimillion dollar yearly obligation for revenue sharing.

Wait till all the “fine print” leaks out and calculated…

Reaction Score
Victory lap?

I quoted you by accident. I didn't mean you were taking a victory lap, i was actually agreeing with your point. This wasn't a victory to anyone but the P5 schools.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Governance has been seized by the P2. In conjunction with the new CFP deal, the ACC and Big 12 have essentially conceded all decision making to the SEC and B1G going forward.

The P2 will control all governance of the highest level of college sports going forward. The ACC and Big 12 will be non-factors in governance with no veto power over anything, including additional realignment.

The P2 Commissioners are collaborating vs. competing to a much larger extent than ever before.

Reaction Score
From earlier today:

Article is sobering but we knew this. How anyone can read that and not realize that the B1G and SEC will continue tea bagging everyone else including the Big12 and ACC is mind-blowing.

Part of me feels they're better off if there is a break off.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Victory lap?

I don't get the Edgelord bit. There is not a single person that regularly posts on this board that doesn't get that UConn has some challenges on the conference front. Some us just choose not to rub the obvious in everyone's face every day.

Reaction Score
I don't get the Edgelord bit. There is not a single person that regularly posts on this board that doesn't get that UConn has some challenges on the conference front. Some us just choose not to rub the obvious in everyone's face every day.
Touche

Reaction Score
Wait till all the “fine print” leaks out and calculated…

Do not understand how revenue split between sports will be impacted by Title IX. I think revenue share should be split to the sports by the amount of revenue that sport brings in. So example in the P4 most of the revenue from TV deals to gate receipts to merchandise comes from Football. If done this way UConn MBB would be in the higher echelon of P4 schools. UConn WBB is probably in the top 5 P4 schools. The scholarships provided will still have to match between men and women sports due to title IX.

Reaction Score
Do Universities start dropping sports like track and field, swimming, lacrosse etc.... from D1 to club sports so they are off the books?

Reaction Score
Does anyone really believe they're finished? This is a slow boil. They've been focused on mostly football and nil recently, but don't worry about it. They'll get to turning the screws on basketball eventually. The G-5/6/7/8 plays by their rules and it's their game. Until they decide to split completely. There is no bottom to the lust for power until it's complete. The facade of anything different is only maintained by the lackeys in the media.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the P2 are trying to force/push this so as to prepare everyone for a P2 breakaway in the years ahead? Force the divorce kind of thing.

This deal guarantees that the B1G/SEC aren't breaking away alone. If anything it is a sign that the P4/Notre Dame are laying the groundwork to potentially breakaway down the road. It makes it iffy whether or not the Big East is part of that though I would have to say that it is likely that they are brought along.

Reaction Score
One other interesting aspect of the settlement is that it eliminates NCAA scholarship caps and contemplates new roster limits, meaning in sports like baseball, where scholarships are often split into small amounts across the team, full scholarships can now be offered to everyone on the roster if they have the funding.

I hadn't seen this before.

Source: 10 Things To Know About The NCAA’s House Settlement (traced back through the tweet sources)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom