The House case | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The House case

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
See earlier "strongly worded letter" comment. How, exactly, would you "make" them? The only route also potentially opens you up to a tripled immediate payment. There is no leverage to squeeze the P2.

That is not what I said. I said that if the P2 has so much leverage, why don't they just make the other schools pay all of it?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That is not what I said. I said that if the P2 has so much leverage, why don't they just make the other schools pay all of it?
Nobody has any leverage, or at least enough to offset treble immediate damages risk.

Reaction Score
We see your alternate plan proposal and piss on it:

1. The finance subcommittee of the NCAA DI Board of Directors is recommending to the Board the original proposal
2. The DI Board of Directors’ approval of the financial framework would be the second of a three-step process in the NCAA’s authorization of settlement terms
3. NCAA Board of Governors, which manages litigation matters & is set to meet this week, represents the final step

So I looked at the DI Board of Directors. If this is current, the Big East is not represented.
"Composition: Twenty-four members. Twenty chief executive officers (CEOs), one director of athletics, one senior woman administrator, one faculty athletics representative and one student-athlete. All FBS conferences have a permanent seat. Five FCS and five Division I Subdivision conferences rotate seats."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am a little disappointed by the back pay expense split, but House is still going to leave a big mark. Going forward, football just became a lot less profitable. Now UConn would like some more chaos.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I wonder if that decision changes the calculus enough to kill the settlement agreement.

The P4 conferences and the NCAA thought they were buying a discharge of all suits. They no longer are.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Here's what the NCAA should do: settle the House case and then settle Fontenot case. Then end the amateurism charade and force all NCAA members to play every student athlete at least a minimum wage for all sports related activities. The $22 million cap is going to blow up in their faces should they should get rid of it. This is going to turn into a market similar of that for European soccer.

After a couple hundred NCAA schools leave the organization or drop sports, the NCAA can change the number of players allowed on a football roster to about 65. This will allow Title IX to be swallowed easier. Also, the major schools can drop the minimum number of men's sports to three and have a corresponding number of female roster spots.

Reaction Score
Lawyers being lawyers:

I wonder if that decision changes the calculus enough to kill the settlement agreement.

The P4 conferences and the NCAA thought they were buying a discharge of all suits. They no longer are.

Reaction Score
, reductio ad absurdum
So are they now going to compensate SMU for their loss of millions of dollars due to the death penalty they received for doing something that they’re now mandating.. Why not ? Also of no what’s the rationale .

Reaction Score

Jeremy Bloom is the one who needs to go back and clean house. He got sc----d.
But financial settlements do not equal systemic reform. They are simply a cost of doing the same dirty business.

Reaction Score

Do I read this right? 90% of the payoffs will go to P5 athletes while their "employers" will only pay 40% of the school contributions (despite probably also collecting 90% of the revenue during the damages period)?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Do I read this right? 90% of the payoffs will go to P5 athletes while their "employers" will only pay 40% of the school contributions (despite probably also collecting 90% of the revenue during the damages period)?
And this is a surprise?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom