The fix is in | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The fix is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't believe in the conspiracy theory, but a level of incompetence mixed with some subtle bias isn't out of the question if you look at who gets screwed down the stretch. Especially after the P5 cartel is getting destroyed in the early games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Iowa State and Baylor both lost. Those were P5 schools losing to low majors, let along "mid-majors."

Iowa State was getting away with murder in their press.

Regardless, for their to be no conspiracy or at least bias, we should be seeing some games where the P5 school was the victim of multiple controversial calls. Where are those games?

Reaction Score
unbelievable. I just watched the entire highlights of that game again (H vs UNC) on TruTV. They didn't even bother to show the foul. Its like it never happened. They skipped it. They didn't address it. Nothing said about it. Wow... just woww

Reaction Score
Iowa State was getting away with murder in their press.

Regardless, for their to be no conspiracy or at least bias, we should be seeing some games where the P5 school was the victim of multiple controversial calls. Where are those games?
Wait: you are starting with the presupposition of a conspiracy. Then everything--or nothing--is evidence of that conspiracy.

I don't need to provide that evidence, and it's lack of existence does not prove your point.

Reaction Score
Right now I'm seeing a lot of contact when Wofford has the ball vs Arkansas and no calls, but the slightest contact on the other end draws a whistle.

Now they get away with throwing a sneaker on the court!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wait: you are starting with the presupposition of a conspiracy. Then everything--or nothing--is evidence of that conspiracy.

I don't need to provide that evidence, and it's lack of existence does not prove your point.

Actually, that is not how it works. I suggest you read the part of Freakonomics that covers Sumo Wrestling.

Reaction Score
Well if you think the FIX is in... I wonder if ya looked at the Harvard vs North Carolina game. That late foul was no foul. It clearly showed how digusting the NCAA has become. There was absolutely no FOUL there. Yet, they had to make one up because Harvard was about to win this . such bull

That was certainly an attempt by the ref to save North Carolina. The fact is, though, the ball on that play was going out of bounds off Harvard anyway. UNC then missed the front end of a 1 and 1, and though I KNOW THE REF did it for UNC's sake, it didn't really help UNC in the end.

Reaction Score
unbelievable. I just watched the entire highlights of that game again (H vs UNC) on TruTV. They didn't even bother to show the foul. Its like it never happened. They skipped it. They didn't address it. Nothing said about it. Wow... just woww

They showed the foul. They rewound it and the announcers said there was absolutely no foul. And there wasn't.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Goaltending is always a judgment call. It always has to be because the zebras are having to predict what might have happened with the ball if it were left unimpeded. In this case, they got the judgment part wrong, and it made the call wrong, but some folks are forgetting that SMU put themselves in a position where a last second shot or bad call could beat them. That's on them, and they had a big enough lead with very little time left that they can't complain about losing the game on a bad call. The bottom line is they didn't execute on offense or defense when they had a golden opportunity to put the game away for good. Let's also not forget that there was still plenty of time left for them to get off two more shots, either of which would have won the game if the shot went in.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'll contribute to the "conspiracy" thread:

Gtown full on punched a EWU guard in the chest...no flagrant 1 no flagrant 2, actually reviewed and no call at all!?!
In my opinion it was much worse than what Ellis (Cincy) did in their game, and he was ejected.

Not sure if this counts as conspiracy since Gtown is no P5, but they're definately the little man in this game

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Gtown full on punched a EWU guard in the chest...no flagrant 1 no flagrant 2, actually reviewed and no call at all!?!
In my opinion it was much worse than what Ellis (Cincy) did in their game, and he was ejected.

Not sure if this counts as conspiracy since Gtown is no P5, but they're definately the little man in this game

With about 2 minutes left, an tOSU player elbowed a VCU player in the face, and they both got fouls. Elbow to the face is not one of those penalties that has a gray area, and it is reviewable. It should have been a Flagrant 1, 2 FT's and the ball, and at that point in the game, 2 FT's could have been decisive.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The refs are calling fouls on Wofford if Arkansas so much as looks at the basket, while Arkansas is committing homicides when they are on defense and nothing is being called on that end.

Edit: Arkansas just grabbed a 3 pointer off the rim, no call.

Reaction Score
The refs are calling fouls on Wofford if Arkansas so much as looks at the basket, while Arkansas is committing homicides when they are on defense and nothing is being called on that end.

About 4 questionable calls have gone against Wofford down the stretch. Amazing how consistently this happens to the non-cartel teams. Earlier today that wasn't do much the case, but when the favorites started to go down I had a feeling things might change. It's just ingrained.

Reaction Score
That's not really what I've been seeing. I thought the fouls under 6 minutes (when I was watching) have made sense.

Reaction Score
Wofford hedging on the outside was just weird on defense when Arkansas can't make an outside shot. Bad defense there. Oh well Arkansas sucks and lucked out there for sure!

Reaction Score
That's not really what I've been seeing. I thought the fouls under 6 minutes (when I was watching) have made sense.

It's a Power 5 vs Non. Nelson will always think the refs are screwin' the little guy.

Reaction Score

I saw that and I was like WTF... but the only difference is that Georgetown was blowing EWU out the entire game so it didn't make much difference.

The miscalls on a tight game though are reallllly questionable... those are the ones that really bothered me

Reaction Score
Expect the fix any moment now in the WVU-Buffalo game. Buffalo is tied with 2:24 to go

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Questionable foul against Buffalo with 2:14 to go.
WVU been getting called for questionable fouls all game... The same plays happen when their on offense and its play on

Reaction Score
I'm curious on that "goaltending call". If the offensive player had caught the ball for an alley would they have called offensive goaltending? No way in hell. I'm not into the conspiracies, but if its truly goaltending than it would have be called both ways which it never would be.

Reaction Score
I'm curious on that "goaltending call". If the offensive player had caught the ball for an alley would they have called offensive goaltending? No way in hell. I'm not into the conspiracies, but if its truly goaltending than it would have be called both ways which it never would be.

This isn't a conspiracy. That ref is just a dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom