The fix is in | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The fix is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last couple against Wichita State following the trend down the stretch. Indiana just not quite good enough to capitalize but the calls keeping it close.

Reaction Score
Last couple against Wichita State following the trend down the stretch. Indiana just not quite good enough to capitalize but the calls keeping it close.

Which foul are you arguing with? The bump on the perimeter?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Terry Rozier just got away with a hip check in the final seconds of UL-UC Irvine.
Not a foul imo. But even if I agree with you it was number six and about 2 seconds on the clock. A few plays earlier when Blackshear drove into the lane he was definitely fouled by Ndaiye which would have given big mama his fifth but the refs didn't call it. The game was lost by the kid who body slammed Snyder 90 feet from the basket. What the heck was he doing?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It looks like we might be on track for a historically low number of upsets by non-majors. Interesting..

Reaction Score
Not a foul imo. But even if I agree with you it was number six and about 2 seconds on the clock. A few plays earlier when Blackshear drove into the lane he was definitely fouled by Ndaiye which would have given big mama his fifth but the refs didn't call it. The game was lost by the kid who body slammed Snyder 90 feet from the basket. What the heck was he doing?

2 seconds is more than enough time to get off a good look considering where they were inbounding the ball from.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
2 seconds is more than enough time to get off a good look considering where they were inbounding the ball from.
From half court. Anything is possible. The problems is I'm only guessing about the two seconds. I actually felt there was less time but watching it from my computer so I couldn't rewind.

Reaction Score
From half court. Anything is possible. The problems is I'm only guessing about the two seconds. I actually felt there was less time but watching it from my computer so I couldn't rewind.

It looked like there were about three seconds left when Rozier committed the foul. UCI would have had time to inbound it and take one or two dribbles.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It looked like there were about three seconds left when Rozier committed the foul. UCI would have had time to inbound it and take one or two dribbles.
Can't debate the time. Felt it was a foul on live cam. But replay showed the ball was the only thing touched. It was hit hard enough into the UCI players hand to cause the momentum change and then the fall.

What about the Blackshear drive and layup to tie the game at 59? It looked like Ndaiye hammered him. No foul call. No problem with the refs in this game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because of a vast anti-AAC conspiracy, Jesus, I hate it when we have to repeat ourselves around here.
I blame ESPN. I'm not quite sure why but it will come to me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Another little engine that could falls just short at the end. Lots of exciting games, lots of major conference teams advancing. Interesting.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Add L'ville to list of p-5 teams gifted with late calls.

Reaction Score
I just think it's funny that everyone thinks the the NCAA is incompetent, but people still think they'd be able to operate a tournament-wide conspiracy to make sure that games have the most boring outcome possible. If there was an edict going down to hundreds of refs to push games towards the P5 teams, is there any way that would stay secret for more than 10 seconds?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I just think it's funny that everyone thinks the the NCAA is incompetent, but people still think they'd be able to operate a tournament-wide conspiracy to make sure that games have the most boring outcome possible. If there was an edict going down to hundreds of refs to push games towards the P5 teams, is there any way that would stay secret for more than 10 seconds?

Conspiracy theories are crazy. I mean, why would some referrees ever get the idea that getting on the good side of major conference schools was a good idea? It's not like threats of a split haven't been pretty much everywhere in the press for about the last 3 years or so. And it's not like the NCAA didn't already agree to vote the P5 schools a whole slew of special rights. Oh wait, those things did happen.

So are you telling me it is not somewhere in the back of a referee's mind that getting on the good side of Thad Matta is a lot more important than getting on the good side of Shaka Smart while that referee is officiating Ohio State vs. VCU? It doesn't have to be a widespread conspiracy, it just has to be an incentive driven bias to get the outcomes that we are seeing.

That said, it is hard to argue with the outcomes. Watching the games, there should have been 3-5 more major upsets but the referees stepped in and helped decide the game, all in the same direction. We saw this starting with BYU/Mississippi, and it has continued through the entire second round.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

No kidding. On the other hand, it doesn't have to be akin to a WWE match. It could be less overt than that. Some mid-level guy in the NCAA leadership could possibly put pressure on the Officials union (or whatever) to assign the weakest qualified crews who would most likely make calls for the higher seed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The officiating conspiracies aren't tiring at all.

The conspiracy is so well-manufactured it doesn't exist!

If you are using the end of the Louisville game as evidence.... please stop - it's all in your head.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No kidding. On the other hand, it doesn't have to be akin to a WWE match. It could be less overt than that. Some mid-level guy in the NCAA leadership could possibly put pressure on the Officials union (or whatever) to assign the weakest qualified crews who would most likely make calls for the higher seed.

Well they used to assign them randomly, so unless that has changed... maybe this isn't the conspiracy?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well they used to assign them randomly, so unless that has changed... maybe this isn't the conspiracy?
Yeah. Randomly on purpose. ;)

Just like how the Knicks got the first pick overall in 1985 and got Patrick Ewing. Ever wonder why you never see the ping pong ball drawing any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom