The fix is in | The Boneyard

The fix is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, I'm going with incompetence on this one. I hated the call but I have yet to see a definite angle that clearly shows an airball.

Reaction Score
Announcers said that it couldn't be reviewed but also said it was goaltending. They are most likely wrong on both accounts.

Reaction Score
too many turnovers, SMU let their lead slip too quickly
classic AAC basketball....I hoped SMU would win to get our league some respect....

Reaction Score
Are they ever going to come back from commercial on TruTV to comment about this ending?

Reaction Score
Ball had no chance of going in and it wasn't over the cylinder. SMU left out of the tournament last year, way under seeded this year and then bent over a third time. Larry Brown deserves more goshdarn respect and I feel terribly for those players and the fanbase.

Reaction Score
At least the studio guys were pretty honest. They let the NCAA official guy off the hook though.

Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
I'm a fool. I think it was a bad call. Bad calls happen all the time. The thought that refs are told to fix games and none of them ever goes public with it (knowing that if someone else goes public with it they go to jail) is absurd.

That call was well beyond bad. And I'm not certain that refs are told to put the fix in, but damn it certainly is suspicious at times. There was a blatant travel that they missed on UCLA as well when one of their players went sliding along the floor with a ball in their hand.

Reaction Score
The old standard answer " Well I can't really tell" right but the ref thirty feet on the other end could see better than all the close ups. SMU was robbed.

Reaction Score
Seriously. Admit you are wrong.

Just say: "In the heat of the moment refs make calls. Most times they are right. This was one of the rare times it was wrong. Unfortunately we can't review goaltending. I'm sure ______ feels awful that he got the call wrong and influenced the end of the game. But he's got a hard job, and we all make mistakes in the moment."

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who the ref that made the call thirty feet on the half court line is?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If he doesn't touch the ball, it's GOING to hit the rim. That is a lock-on correct call. You can't judge a ball that's gonna hit the rim isn't going to go in- not with how insane that game was ending.

It stinks for the AAC, but they got that call right.

Reaction Score
zls44 said:
If he doesn't touch the ball, it's GOING to hit the rim. That is a lock-on correct call. You can't judge a ball that's gonna hit the rim isn't going to go in- not with how insane that game was ending.

It stinks for the AAC, but they got that call right.

You and Charles agree. And might be the only ones on this planet that do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It had no chance of going in - it had passed the cylinder and would have had to defy physics, gravity and everything in explored science to go in.

It was a bad call.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
From Gottlieb:

CAfatjyUMAABghR.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors