The Ferrari | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The first thing that Ollie did that I didn't like is use the word "Ferrari" to describe this kid, because now I have to endure bad Ferrari/good Ferrari references every time the kid's performance changes. "Looks like a flat on the Ferrari today." "Ferrari running on high octane today." Ug.

So you don't like when people are cheeky?

Reaction Score
I missed the game, but it sounds like he using better gas.

Reaction Score
the kid played well today. this doesn't mean I'm sold on his shooting yet. Id like to see him play a giffey kind of role....shoot when wide open, but if not just go to the hole. today he made some shots after driving to the rim. i liked that. if his shooting continues to improve then thats one thing, but lets see where that goes.

Reaction Score
the kid played well today. this doesn't mean I'm sold on his shooting yet. Id like to see him play a giffey kind of role....shoot when wide open, but if not just go to the hole. today he made some shots after driving to the rim. i liked that. if his shooting continues to improve then thats one thing, but lets see where that goes.
It is going to be a lot easier for him to go to the hole if he can make some outside shots.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The first thing that Ollie did that I didn't like is use the word "Ferrari" to describe this kid, because now I have to endure bad Ferrari/good Ferrari references every time the kid's performance changes. "Looks like a flat on the Ferrari today." "Ferrari running on high octane today." Ug.
I'm going with "Rappin' Rodney":

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
just needed to get tuned up, was a tad bit rusty

Reaction Score
This reminds me of a quote from the movie Rush

Niki Lauda: It's terrible. Drives like a pig.
Lauda's Mechanic: Oh, you can't say that.
Niki Lauda: Why not?
Lauda's Mechanic: It's a Ferrari!
Niki Lauda: It's a shytebox! It understeers like crazy and the weight distribution is a disaster. It's amazing, all these facilities and you make a piece of crap like this!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Biggest challenge will be keeping his hot hand for an extended period of time. If he can keep it rolling past Florida, we'll be fine. I think he can do it.

Reaction Score
No not at all. I don't doubt that Purvis will be a good player.

I was referencing the poster saying he has a nice stroke. You think he has a nice stroke???

It's not "nice" I agree. But I did notice a couple of angle yesterday his rotation on the ball was real nice and that's important. It's funny but if it works I'm all in. Also the elbow angle is good for the most part. We have some funny looking shooters though all in all - him, Omar even Dham a bit awkward as well as TSam. However it goes in we need it! ;)

Reaction Score
Are we watching the same player??

His 3 point shooting % from his NC State days was 39%, on 85 heaves.

That's more of a sample than anything he has done in his UConn career to date.

So... we're talking about Purvis here.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'll take 39% plus a little room for growth.
He looked comfortable & confident yesterday for perhaps the first time as a Husky.
I'm hoping this game was a break out game for RP and a turning point in our season.
Columbia is a good team. We struggled with their 3 pint shooting, adjusted and they killed us with give & go lay ups. We adjusted and beat them by 15.
I'm going into the Holiday happy!

Reaction Score
Purvis truly played great tonight! Barely missed. Now it's time to take advantage of him being healthy and start being consistent.

Reaction Score
Well he surely made me look stupid and I'm glad. I don't want him to do bad, but watching some of those earlier games I really question his b-ball IQ. Maybe some of it was rust, or the injury, or nervousness I don't know, but he looked a lot more confident against Columbia then he has ever looked before. I hope he keeps it up because God knows we need him to! I liked that he has read some of what people have said and is tired of it. Prove the people wrong Purvis, I want to be wrong!

Reaction Score
Purvis truly played great tonight! Barely missed. Now it's time to take advantage of him being healthy and start being consistent.
Now it is time to see if he can do it with some consistency. If can, the entire complexion of this team changes.

Reaction Score
Now it is time to see if he can do it with some consistency. If can, the entire complexion of this team changes.

This really is the thing. Purvis being able to be a reliable support scorer gives you three pretty consistent offensive weapons, and it's particularly valuable if he and Hamilton continue to hit their threes. Brimah has made a ton of progress on offense both in terms of finishing around the rim and hitting mid-range jumpers, and Facey has shown nice touch down low, giving us a lot of options. I'm not sold on any of the bench players as far as real offensive value, but if you can get one of Nolan/Lubin to be functional, and two of Calhoun/Samuel/Cassell, suddenly this team looks like a real threat.

Reaction Score
His 3 point shooting % from his NC State days was 39%, on 85 heaves.

That's more of a sample than anything he has done in his UConn career to date.

So... we're talking about Purvis here.

I am pro-Purvis! I was simply joking because a poster said he has a nice stroke, which he certainly does not. That doesn't mean I don't think he is good or can be a decent shooter.

caw

Reaction Score
I am pro-Purvis! I was simply joking because a poster said he has a nice stroke, which he certainly does not. That doesn't mean I don't think he is good or can be a decent shooter.

It's certainly an odd shot but apparently it works.

I see 30-78 at NCState and 10-25 so far here. Streaky shooter but averages are solid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, I don't care if he looks like Gumby when he shoots the ball. As long as it goes in.

I mean, I'll take Reggie Miller's ugly ass stroke all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom