The Eric Cobb Appreciation Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Eric Cobb Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
He was so damn manly tonight.

And good for him for turning his career and future around. None of us would’ve been surprised if he left uconn or quit basketball all together.

Now he’s in the best shape of his life and in a great situation

Reaction Score
The talent was always there and now he has figured out how to use it. Always an outstanding passer, Cobb could be the big guy scoring option and difference maker if he can keep it up.

Reaction Score
Just an aMazeing night seeing Conn on the Cobb! Can we have more?

Reaction Score
Here's my total overreaction comparison... I can count on one hand the amount of bigs we have had who had the ability to hit a 3, catch in the high post/center of the zone and be a triple threat (and finish with his left), pass the ball, or have solid enough footwork/skill to execute jump hooks w/ either hand w/ his back to the basket. Honestly, Charlie V, Shonn Miller, Freeman (maybe) and...? I'm not expecting this type of performance from Cobb nor am I saying he is as good as those guys, but you could always see that Cobb had a great deal of talent but just could not completely execute.

Reaction Score
Cobb has skills none of those guys had. He is truly talented. Guys his size with his skill set are extremely rare. Cobb is a guy that would have been an NBA lock if both he and his previous coaches had the will to bring it out of him. Credit to Cobb. Correct me if I’m wrong, but he was in great shape late spring early summer, so he committed to this right away when last season ended, maybe even before the season ended. I’m not sure this is Hurley as much as it is Eric himself.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great night for Cobb. Happy for him that he has bought in on coaching staff and couldn't help remembering when Torraino Walker all of a sudden became a beast. Different games but each became a huge presence and a menace on the boards! No pushing these guys around.

Reaction Score
Cobb has skills none of those guys had. He is truly talented. Guys his size with his skill set are extremely rare. Cobb is a guy that would have been an NBA lock if both he and his previous coaches had the will to bring it out of him. Credit to Cobb. Correct me if I’m wrong, but he was in great shape late spring early summer, so he committed to this right away when last season ended, maybe even before the season ended. I’m not sure this is Hurley as much as it is Eric himself.

Agree w everything except your first sentence. Charlie V, I would argue may be pound for pound/skill for skill the most talented guy we've ever had. It wasn't always on display, but when he was on he dominated all facets of the game.

Reaction Score
Agree w everything except your first sentence. Charlie V, I would argue may be pound for pound/skill for skill the most talented guy we've ever had. It wasn't always on display, but when he was on he dominated all facets of the game.

Definitely gave it some thought but Cobb was effortless with both hands, even on hook shots. He had a lefty lay in that made him look like a point guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom