The Eric Cobb Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Eric Cobb Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
Love Cobb, his performance tonight reminded me of Justin McBride from UCF against us a few years ago. He has skill, he just needs to resist the urge to knock guys over when he has the ball.
If I had his arms, I think I would have that same urge.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Man amongst boys tonight. With some 50/50 charges that went against him. Let’s see it again tmr

Reaction Score
Polley added a solid 32 minutes and 9 pts and also hit some clutch shots as well. Nice job by Polley as well.
Yeah, played an all-around good game with a couple 3's and 3 blocks. Definitely like him at the 4 when we go small.

Reaction Score
Him and Carlton are the perfect tag team, and I'm not talking committee.
Right. We can't call it by committee until Yakwe joins the party. Maybe next game. Yakwe has it in him, so I expect to see it somewhere down the road.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. Eric Cobb is not good.

But he's playing. So. Good.

I swear if we go to the NCAA tournament with a team of Eric Cobb's, basically - look out for when we actually have legit talent. And I don't mean to knock these kids. But they're max effort.

But wanna put you mark on a program? Save it. Be the team that wasn't that talented, but got the job done because effort and caring about what you're representing. And you can hold your s------- above everyone for eternity.

If this is gonna be our rebuilding year, sign me ---- up.

Your schtick still sucks and you are an embarassment to @nomar's beautiful avatar. Cobb looks solid. He looked comfortable with the ball in his hands at the high post, rebounded like a demon and had some solid footwork. Have you seen the returning bigs in the AAC? Not exactly a smorgasbord of talent. If Cobb can rebound like a beast, catch the ball and finish he will be a plus all year long.

Reaction Score
Your schtick still sucks and you are an embarassment to @nomar's beautiful avatar. Cobb looks solid. He looked comfortable with the ball in his hands at the high post, rebounded like a demon and had some solid footwork. Have you seen the returning bigs in the AAC? Not exactly a smorgasbord of talent. If Cobb can rebound like a beast, catch the ball and finish he will be a plus all year long.

Oh god suck on your inhaler a bit more.

Eric Cobb is <<<< worse than a lot of what we've had in the front court over the years. He was ostensibly thrown off the team a few months ago after a mostly unimpressive JUCO career. He's had moments, but this was his first really good game.

And truth is - he doesn't have to be great. Just OK. If him, Carlton and Yakwe can figure out who shows up 3-4 times a month, we're going to the tournament. But this idea he's really good is stupid. Even if he's improved.

I want to be wrong very, very badly. I'm just not going to get carried away. And if he outperforms his own talent - then good. That's what we should all want.

Reaction Score
Oh god suck on your inhaler a bit more.

Eric Cobb is <<<< worse than a lot of what we've had in the front court over the years. He was ostensibly thrown off the team a few months ago after a mostly unimpressive JUCO career. He's had moments, but this was his first really good game.

And truth is - he doesn't have to be great. Just OK. If him, Carlton and Yakwe can figure out who shows up 3-4 times a month, we're going to the tournament. But this idea he's really good is stupid. Even if he's improved.

I want to be wrong very, very badly. I'm just not going to get carried away. And if he outperforms his own talent - then good. That's what we should all want.

No one is expecting Cobb to be Okafor. You have a fine appraisal of the team but your schtick sucks, not only related to this thread but every post you make. Every time I read a post of your my first thought is I can't believe @nomar would post something so stupid.

Reaction Score
No one is expecting Cobb to be Okafor. You have a fine appraisal of the team but your schtick sucks, not only related to this thread but every post you make. Every time I read a post of your my first thought is I can't believe @nomar would post something so stupid.

What shtick sucks, the fact this team has been atrocious the past few years and not getting ahead of ourselves is an OK thing?

I'm pretty humble about being wrong, but unfortunately I haven't been very wrong the past few years. Feels good to be wrong for a change about a lot of things. It's like having a competent coach makes a difference or something,.

Reaction Score
I do wonder what happened to Carlton tonight. Anyone care to guess? He played 7 minutes.

Reaction Score
With our guards we just need 1 big to step up every game. And I have full confidence in that to happen

That basically.

Our back court is a lot better than we thought, even though we thought it might be decent to good.

Our front court- based on track record has been a dumpster fire. Most people thought it wouldn't be much better than that - but they've found a formula. Carlton in game one; Cobb here... what's wrong with that? If they can do that and hold the line - they'll be good.

And that's good.

Reaction Score
What shtick sucks, the fact this team has been atrocious the past few years and not getting ahead of ourselves is an OK thing?

I'm pretty humble about being wrong, but unfortunately I haven't been very wrong the past few years. Feels good to be wrong for a change about a lot of things. It's like having a competent coach makes a difference or something,.

Kudos to not being wrong the past 2 years. You and only 98 percent of the rest of the fan base were onto Ollie. I am going to put this to rest and stop with the negativity after an awesome win tonight. You know whats going on and you arent't an idiot but your edgy post aren't appealing to anyone.

Reaction Score
I do wonder what happened to Carlton tonight. Anyone care to guess? He played 7 minutes.
Foul trouble took him out of whole first half and when he came back in could never get anything going, Cobb had his back.

Reaction Score
Kudos to not being wrong the past 2 years. You and only 98 percent of the rest of the fan base were onto Ollie. I am going to put this to rest and stop with the negativity after an awesome win tonight. You know whats going on and you arent't an idiot but your edgy post aren't appealing to anyone.

WTF are you even talking about and who is even being remotely negative? I've been quoted a few nights and responded with 'Thank you, Daddy.' Because i want to be wrong. But anyone who's acting like the last three years were some sort of aberation is either willfully ignorant or delusional.

This has been a bad team. With talent - good or limited- that's underachieved in every way. It's not a small sample. Forgive people for not driving off a cliff.

I'm pretty jacked up about tonight - for a lot of reasons. Enjoy the win. I know I am.

But this is a team that's going to be good not becuase it's super talented. It's because effort, organization and well - everything related to good coaching. That's fine.

Reaction Score
WTF are you even talking about and who is even being remotely negative? I've been quoted a few nights and responded with 'Thank you, Daddy.' Because i want to be wrong. But anyone who's acting like the last three years were some sort of aberation is either willfully ignorant or delusional.

This has been a bad team. With talent - good or limited- that's underachieved in every way. It's not a small sample. Forgive people for not driving off a cliff.

I'm pretty jacked up about tonight - for a lot of reasons. Enjoy the win. I know I am.

But this is a team that's going to be good not becuase it's super talented. It's because effort, organization and well - everything related to good coaching. That's fine.

Let's be honest. Towney is not a good poster. But this is a good post.

Reaction Score

At approximately the 6:00 minute mark JB goes off about Cobb. "He absolutely crushed us." "Made us look like kids"

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Cobb. Dropping 40 pounds in the off season. He bought in

Reaction Score
Is it a violation for TCF to make a video of Cobb from tonight with clips of him from last year and than tweet it to our big man recruiting targets?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom