The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Instead we most likely lose to Iona. Very strange how they happens.

Reaction Score
Danny v HOF coach....this will be interesting

Boy did we get shafted....Guess those 2 losses to Xavier really mattered.

Not having a strong BE presence on the committee reaping results

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
But they have the better coach.

Be honest, did you believe it when people said that? Or do you think that we are the team that lost to SHU, lost to St. John's at home, and blew a 26 point lead to Providence on our "third homecourt?"
I’m sticking with us making the S16 because we have to. Based on our BE performance, it’s gonna be a battle

Reaction Score
For those curious, this is one of the bracket principles:

Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines.

Marquette was last 2 so forced into East. This forced us out of East.
Why is this an important principle? Hilarious that the committee has these intricate principles designed to make the process look objective — and then every year the Committee Chair gets on TV and spouts nonsense about how they actually made their decisions. This year it was dinging Kansas bc Bill Self was in the hospital.

Reaction Score
Looking way ahead at Kansas a little more, they really are the second best team in the nation. They are loaded. A couple guys shoot 40% 3s, one is 6-8, and their top scorer at 20 ppg is not one of the 2 top 3 pt shooters. Good luck whoever plays them.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We got shafted, no other way to put it. Kansas, UCLA, and Gonzaga is brutal. Having to play Iona is not going to be fun, and if we beat them we have a very good TCU team waiting. Not happy.
no st mary's first

Reaction Score
Danny v HOF coach....this will be interesting

Boy did we get shafted....Guess those 2 losses to Xavier really mattered.

Not having a strong BE presence on the committee reaping results
Danny will be in the HOF at some point. Our talent level improves starting next year. Then we can judge him. I think this team plays better as an underdog.

Reaction Score
You've been watching us crack under pressure and play out of control all year. What makes you think we will be able to outplay a Pitino-coached team?
Image taking 2 years off of posting just come back with terrible hot takes. Sweet life bro

Reaction Score
@August_West..I know this dude is on the edge of his seat waiting for my next crazy prediction.. Floor this year is 28 wins.. Will recalibrate once games are played/matchups are determined after the Sweet Sixteen game. .Upside is dope

Reaction Score
Have to play with mental toughness and not do the bad panic pass thing. Then focus at the free throw line. No shoot the shot and back away from the line attempts. We should get to the next round and then see what happens. Time for Dan and the team to play to their potential for 40 minutes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looking way ahead at Kansas a little more, they really are the second best team in the nation. They are loaded. A couple guys shoot 40% 3s, one is 6-8, and their top scorer at 20 ppg is not one of the 2 top 3 pt shooters. Good luck whoever plays them.
They got a worse draw than we did. Arkansas/Illinois winner is tough, then by chalk, UConn and UCLA. They don’t have much size, and I think Sanogo/Clingan would be tough for KJ Adams. They’d need Udeh to play quite a bit.

On the other hand, Alex is going to really have his hands full with Wilson. Fortunately Dick is an absolutely ideal player for Jackson to guard. There are some fascinating matchups if this game happens.

Reaction Score
UCONN was +10,000 to win the NC at beginning of year. I think it's 1600 now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom