The defensive scheme is garbage. | The Boneyard

The defensive scheme is garbage.

Reaction Score
How many times do we see first contact on a running back 5 or 9-yards downfield?

How many bubble screens go 10-yards before the first Husky lays a hand on the receiver?

And we didn't stop ECU until they started running up the middle on first and second down to run the clock. 596 yards on the defense, five hundred and ninety six. If ECU kept their foot on the gas pedal, they might have beaten the 626 we gave up to UVA.

Opposing offenses now average 557 yards a game. Yuck.

Reaction Score
Yup. Crocker will have a little more time to correct this mess, but many more games like this and he may not make it to the end of the season.

Really surprised Edsall let the defensive side of the ball get away from him.

Reaction Score
Question is how do we get the back end of our D to tackle better????

SMU is gonna put up a 70 spot on us with no problem next week. I hate to admit it, but right now, looks like a reality. We suck back there. Horrible.
Straight up swiss chees on 3rd down too
178281451.jpg

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
How many times do we see first contact on a running back 5 or 9-yards downfield?

How many bubble screens go 10-yards before the first Husky lays a hand on the receiver?

And we didn't stop ECU until they started running up the middle on first and second down to run the clock. 596 yards on the defense, five hundred and ninety six. If ECU kept their foot on the gas pedal, they might have beaten the 626 we gave up to UVA.

Opposing offenses now average 557 yards a game. Yuck.

Yeah its the scheme. That's why people are slow and miss tackles.

Stunning0521.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
wrong scheme is great actually. We can't shed blocks...tackle..hold gaps...or really doing anything. Our players are so bad its incredible. Who was Bob recruiting...he was so useless.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It’s not the scheme it’s our lack of pieces to execute it effectively. Any scheme looks bad when you can’t execute it properly. But keep that “open mind” that you claimed last week. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No, Jamar Summers and Tre Bell are garbage.
Does anybody on this coaching staff teach these to idiots how to turn and look for the ball when their in the end zone chasing their guy. Both balls could have been batted down.

Reaction Score
Yup. Crocker will have a little more time to correct this mess, but many more games like this and he may not make it to the end of the season.

Really surprised Edsall let the defensive side of the ball get away from him.
Guarantee he's taking control of the situation. Crocker is clueless. It's now been proven over 3 games with the worst D stats in college football.

Reaction Score
It’s not the scheme it’s our lack of pieces to execute it effectively. Any scheme looks bad when you can’t execute it properly. But keep that “open mind” that you claimed last week. :rolleyes:

You look at a regression of 90+ spots on the defense ranks and think scheme has nothing to do with it. We suddenly have the 128th defensive personnel in football? Why? Why are they so much worse than last year?

I like to keep an open mind. But I also keep my eyes open. Watch the game. Watch the defense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The defensive play calling has to improve and playing ten yards off the wide receivers all the time drives me nuts. They need to tighten it up period and that falls on the players and Crocker IMHO

Reaction Score
You look at a regression of 90+ spots on the defense ranks and think scheme has nothing to do with it. We suddenly have the 128th defensive personnel in football? Why? Why are they so much worse than last year?

I like to keep an open mind. But I also keep my eyes open. Watch the game. Watch the defense.
almost half of the defensive players have played in 3 college games or less

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom