The day after... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you legislate common sense out of the population, the population gets dumber. Not surprising in this overly litigious society (No offense necessarily intend to you, BL).

So you're saying that the father who allowed his kid to be throwing a football where he literally when he missed knocked my grill over, while it was on, was either that stupid or that big a jerk because we pass too much litigation? Let me leave it as we have a very different conclusion.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So you're saying that the father who allowed his kid to be throwing a football where he literally when he missed knocked my grill over, while it was on, was either that stupid or that big a jerk because we pass too much litigation? Let me leave it as we have a very different conclusion.

No. He was that big a jerk because it was obviously too crowded to be throwing the football and did it anyway. As I said, there was not a car or grill within 25 yards (or more) of them. There was literally zero risk (as an accountant, I know a little something about risk).

You don't need to play the victim to illustrate a point and the guy with the white wind breaker didnt have to be such a .

Reaction Score
You cannot allow an act contrary to established rules to continue if there is even a miniscule chance that damage can be done by continuing the act. I am a retired attorney who, years ago, defended a number of people who "just let the kid throw the ball around." It would be nice if we all carried $1,000,000 potential stupidity insurance and let the stadium off the hook. Find a way that the first named defendant in a tort claim wouldn't be the deep pockets stadium and I'll agree with you that we have too many rules and regulations.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You cannot allow an act contrary to established rules to continue if there is even a miniscule chance that damage can be done by continuing the act. I am a retired attorney who, years ago, defended a number of people who "just let the kid throw the ball around." It would be nice if we all carried $1,000,000 potential stupidity insurance and let the stadium off the hook. Find a way that the first named defendant in a tort claim wouldn't be the deep pockets stadium and I'll agree with you that we have too many rules and regulations.
You're losing the forest for the trees, IMNSHO.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Along with a great tailgate (featuring a phenomenal 18-eggs-with-perfect-yolks stunt), coachcap provided me with one of the funniest moments I've ever had at the stadium.

During the tailgate, we all agreed that Chandler's job should basically be turning around and handing the ball to the running backs. So on UConn's first play from scrimmage, imagine our shock as Chandler fakes the handoff and prepares to throw. At which point, coachcap unleashes a 130-decibel "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!". Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom