The committee is a joke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The committee is a joke

Reaction Score
He is building a mindset to his team that nothing is being given to us, and we have to fight every game to earn it.:mad:

I like the fact (if true?) that we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened since this is a season of doing things that have never been done before. :cool::cool:

He seemed to be in disbelief when Jeff Jacobs pointed it out to him.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If West Virginia plays the way they did in the B12 Tournament, and we get to the elite eight, they will be waiting, and I like our chances!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
once again UCONN gets screwed!! What's the point in scheduling the toughest out of confrence schedule only team undefeated and they always seem to get the toughest road. U get rewarded by your work!! South Carolina bracket is a joke!! I say screw next season play all cupcakes cause the committee will once again screw our huskies!! Maryland is the best 4 th team out there no way there a 3 seed!! Syracuse is a dangerous team ... West V is the hottest team in the country right now... UCLA has tons of talent ... Makes me sick!! UCONN never gets any respect and the committee wants nothing more then Baylor to get to Dallas $$$$$$$$.

This is an EPIC melt. LOL.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If West Virginia plays the way the did in the B12 Tournament, and we get to the elite eight, they will be waiting, and I like our chances!
West Virginia squeaked out a win over Texas as both teams were awful offensively. I was surprised they crushed Baylor like they did as they have no bench depth.

I doubt they will win at Maryland.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
So, you're saying you'd swap places with South Carolina and allow them to play in Bridgeport while UConn flies across the country to play in Stockton, CA? You can't have it both ways.

Exactly. Poor UConn. "Nobody respects us"...

South Carolina fans can't drive an hour to see their team play if they make it past the first two rounds. SC has played in California 3 of the last 6 tournaments, and last year we played in South Dakota.

South-Da-freaking-Kota.

Stop whining. Yes, it sucks but keep winning. I'm upset that we're going out west again, but SC is a 1-seed. We control our destiny to the Final Four.. just keep winning.

If anything.. Mike sounds like he's afraid of Maryland.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For every bubble team to not have made it over the years, someone needs to explain Auburn at 17-14 and going 3 and 9 in last 12 games.
[ ]

With the inclusion of Auburn, Cal and Northern Iowa, the committee clearly allowed quality wins to be the deciding factor.
Auburn: Wins over Tennessee, Drake, LSU.
Cal: Wins over UCLA, Oklahoma, Oregon.
Northern Iowa: Wins over Kansas State and Creighton.

You can't compare them to bubble teams from other years. They're only competing with the other bubble teams from this year. The other bubble teams simply lacked these quality wins. Virginia had one quality win over Louisville but the committee may have undervalued that due to Thomas's injury.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"We got our work cut out for us"- Geno on facebook live about the bracket.

Said Maryland, UCLA, and Syracuse all score a lot of points

Said we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened.

Shame there were upsets last year because we need them to happen this year.

Funny Geno seems to agree with us whiners.
He says the same thing every year. He's always very careful to show respect to opponents, especially in the post-season. If he's overconfident, the team will get overconfident, too. UConn is a superior team but can't afford to take anyone for granted.

I'd rather be us than fans of the other 63 teams.

Reaction Score
"We got our work cut out for us"- Geno on facebook live about the bracket.

Said Maryland, UCLA, and Syracuse all score a lot of points

Said we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened.

Shame there were upsets last year because we need them to happen this year.

Funny Geno seems to agree with us whiners.
As if he doesn't say that every year. Everybody's all cocky until there's some competition. I'm just surprised Auriemma didn't break down weeping and say he's considering forfeiting.

Reaction Score

South Carolina fans can't drive an hour to see their team play if they make it past the first two rounds. SC has played in California 3 of the last 6 tournaments, and last year we played in South Dakota.

South-Da-freaking-Kota.

Stop whining. Yes, it sucks but keep winning. I'm upset that we're going out west again, but SC is a 1-seed. We control our destiny to the Final Four.. just keep winning.

UConn's players will be locked in, it's just the pom-pom wavers that whine.

Reaction Score
He says the same thing every year. He's always very careful to show respect to opponents, especially in the post-season. If he's overconfident, the team will get overconfident, too. UConn is a superior team but can't afford to take anyone for granted.

I'd rather be us than fans of the other 63 teams.

Concur with that HuskyNan... the other teams that got sent to Bridgeport region are wondering what they did to cross the committee! In the thread "True Motives of the Committee", I took a look at our road to the FF... While not "easy"...it's clearly do able, and it isn't supposed to be easy at this time of the year! We still have to earn it. BUT, I don't see anything that can't be over come.... except maybe an 11am start on Saturday. The bottom half of the Bridgeport region is going to be a blood bath... a few Major Items in our Favor:
1. First Four Games in CT, (2 at Gampel!!!)
2. The other 15 teams assigned to Bridgeport Region were saying "holy crap! " when they saw their names posted.
3. We've beaten the toughest of the tough teams already. We know that...and THEY know that.
4. We do NOT have to play WVU, MD And Duke...but rather only the one that survives the bottom half of the bracket.
5. Assuming all #1 seeds get to FF... We've already beaten them all!
6. We Have Geno, CD, Marissa and Shea!!! And No One Else Does!!! No One prepares their teams better!!!

Go Huskies!!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
once again UCONN gets screwed!! What's the point in scheduling the toughest out of confrence schedule only team undefeated and they always seem to get the toughest road. U get rewarded by your work!! South Carolina bracket is a joke!! I say screw next season play all cupcakes cause the committee will once again screw our huskies!! Maryland is the best 4 th team out there no way there a 3 seed!! Syracuse is a dangerous team ... West V is the hottest team in the country right now... UCLA has tons of talent ... Makes me sick!! UCONN never gets any respect and the committee wants nothing more then Baylor to get to Dallas $$$$$$$$.

I'll tell you what; I'll trade brackets with you and play 50 miles from home and you can go to Stockton. Could they not at least schedule regionals somewhere people want to visit?

Reaction Score

South-Da-freaking-Kota.

preach! apparently UConn is supposed to just be given the title, or something? They're acting like UConn is in a bracket with the AP top 25...they are 64 teams. You're playing at most six games...you only play 4 teams from your bracket. Not exactly seeing what all the hubbub is about.

Reaction Score

South-Da-freaking-Kota.

I am afraid of Maryland the fourth best team in the nation. And UCONN has performed much better then SC. It's the principle best team and best body of work should be rewarded with easiest path and that has not happened!!!

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what; I'll trade brackets with you and play 50 miles from home and you can go to Stockton. Could they not at least schedule regionals somewhere people want to visit?
You mean people don't want to visit Bridgeport? The one good thing about Bridgeport is train accessibility.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I normally do not partake in the annual committee-bashing ritual.

But I will say, having seen a number of these committee chairs interviewed over the years, the interview with Gawlik on the selection show ranks among the least impressive I've ever seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom