The CFP | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The CFP

Reaction Score
Let’s not forget that the AAC is losing Houston, UCF, and Cincy to the Big-12. AAC is adding North Texas, Rice, UT- San Antonio, UAB, Charlotte and FAU. Be happy UConn is not around for that monstrosity .
And eventually the big 12 will become the new CUSA. Only mildly joking. These conferences have gotten so bonkers

Reaction Score
With a question?

All? What season ending success has any sport, not counting WBB, has there been?
None, but do we really need to win championships to see that every program has improved tremendously. And, I’m not even saying it’s because we are not in the AAC. But, it’s pretty obvious to most people that pay attention there has been a vast improvement.

Reaction Score
And eventually the big 12 will become the new CUSA. Only mildly joking. These conferences have gotten so bonkers

ESPN/ABC, FOX/FS1 and the ratings disagree with you. So does the CFP committee who put two new Big 12 schools in the CFP the last two years.

Reaction Score
ESPN/ABC, FOX/FS1 and the ratings disagree with you. So does the CFP committee who put two new Big 12 schools in the CFP the last two years.
That was a lot of thought put into a joke about conference progression and other members leaving and coming in... or are they not taking in Houston next season?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
None, but do we really need to win championships to see that every program has improved tremendously. And, I’m not even saying it’s because we are not in the AAC. But, it’s pretty obvious to most people that pay attention there has been a vast improvement.
Which Big East sports? Only MBB? Because of the NBE? Hockey doesn't count had no connection to the NBE.
Imagine what the 17 million could have spent on instead of the buy out.

Reaction Score
Which Big East sports? Only MBB? Because of the NBE? Hockey doesn't count had no connection to the NBE.
Not arguing with you. But yes MBB is light years better than we would ever have been in the AAC. Football seems to be doing a little better being independent. I know it’s because of the coaching, but it still doesn’t change the fact.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Seton Hall rarely plays in Walsh.
The women always play there. Watch a replay of last years game for example. I went to a Seton Hall NCAA tournament game there.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Not arguing with you. But yes MBB is light years better than we would ever have been in the AAC. Football seems to be doing a little better being independent. I know it’s because of the coaching, but it still doesn’t change the fact.
Football had A better year against a weaker schedule. And that MBB is better because of the NBE is speculation. The top ranked MBB team is in the AAC and the NBE has just lost it's best coaches one retired the other left for the Big 10

Reaction Score
Football had A better year against a weaker schedule. And that MBB is better because of the NBE is speculation. The top ranked MBB team is in the AAC and the NBE has just lost it's best coaches one retired the other left for the Big 10
AAC team leaving for the Big 12. The AAC is will be as good as the Sunbelt once Cincy, UCF and Houston leave. So yes the 17 mil buyout was well worth it. Why are you even here if you at UConn so much?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
AAC team leaving for the Big 12. The AAC is will be as good as the Sunbelt once Cincy, UCF and Houston leave. So yes the 17 mil buyout was well worth it. Why are you even here if you at UConn so much?
Is it possible those leaving the AAC is because of UConn, a large public school being pushed to leave by a couple coaches, leaving for a conference of mostly small private schools? Is 17 million worth it on top of a department that self reported loses 10+ million a year? Nope! Yes as a CT fan and taxpayer my opinion of the move to NBE was a long term mistake.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Is it possible those leaving the AAC is because of UConn, a large public school being pushed to leave by a couple coaches, leaving for a conference of mostly small private schools? Is 17 million worth it on top of a department that self reported loses 10+ million a year? Nope! Yes as a CT fan and taxpayer my opinion of the move to NBE was a long term mistake.
Did you forget that every school in the AAC all but got down on hands and knees to get into the Big 12 in 2016/17?

Reaction Score
Because I have no interest in watching SMU, Tulane, Houston, USF, UCF, ECU, and Temple play UConn in any sports.
And THAT sums up the problem with the “UConn” fan base, especially the basketball fan base. Only about 25-30% are true UConn fans. They won’t go to see UConn play unless they play who they want to see on the other side. Compare that to say Gonzaga or even Marquette. Fans come out to support their teams, not to see the other guys. And the teams “UConn” fans want to see are for the most part no longer relevant nationally. Other than Villanova who has carried the NOOB’s water since the league was founded, the rest are in the didn’t you used to be somebody. There is a reason that the Big10 is ending the Gavitt Games, and it isn’t because they fear losing too many games. It seems to have fallen to UConn to pick up the load now that Villanova lost its coach. Let’s hope it works out. My hope when we went to the AAC was that we would do what Houston and Cincinnati did. Regular participation in the NCAA tournament in basketball with occasional very deep runs. And good football with regular bowl participation and national ranking. Had we done that we’d be in a P5 league in the near future. Instead we went all in on Bob Diaco followed by RandyII in football and Kevin “let me know when the game ends, I got a hot date” Ollie. So we are where we are. But hey, a huge chunk of the “UConn” fan base would be uninterested in games against the Big 12, or ACC, or Big 10 anyway. Much rather play DePaul and Seton Hall and pretend it’s 1978 again.

Reaction Score
It's confusing why anyone would want UConn to remain in what has become of the AAC. Do we really want to playing home basketball games in conference against North Texas and Florida Atlantic because they're "publics"? Outside of a P5 invite, this seems to be the ideal setup for UConn. Good basketball league and match-ups in football against P5 schools both home and away. They tried the AAC and not only did it not work it has gotten worse as a conference. The path back to the Big East has been the only good move the school has made.

Reaction Score
And THAT sums up the problem with the “UConn” fan base, especially the basketball fan base. Only about 25-30% are true UConn fans. They won’t go to see UConn play unless they play who they want to see on the other side. Compare that to say Gonzaga or even Marquette. Fans come out to support their teams, not to see the other guys. And the teams “UConn” fans want to see are for the most part no longer relevant nationally. Other than Villanova who has carried the NOOB’s water since the league was founded, the rest are in the didn’t you used to be somebody. There is a reason that the Big10 is ending the Gavitt Games, and it isn’t because they fear losing too many games. It seems to have fallen to UConn to pick up the load now that Villanova lost its coach. Let’s hope it works out. My hope when we went to the AAC was that we would do what Houston and Cincinnati did. Regular participation in the NCAA tournament in basketball with occasional very deep runs. And good football with regular bowl participation and national ranking. Had we done that we’d be in a P5 league in the near future. Instead we went all in on Bob Diaco followed by RandyII in football and Kevin “let me know when the game ends, I got a hot date” Ollie. So we are where we are. But hey, a huge chunk of the “UConn” fan base would be uninterested in games against the Big 12, or ACC, or Big 10 anyway. Much rather play DePaul and Seton Hall and pretend it’s 1978 again.
Not true. Most would be all in for games against Oklahoma State and West Virginia. Games against UTSA and North Texas however, are not going excite any fanbase in either football or basketball. Houston found a Fertita brother to pay big money for their coaches in addition to massive institutional support. UConn has the massive school support but not the Fertita type donor to fake it till you make it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Your opinion is wrong. The AAC was disastrous for the athletic program, and a big part of the reason the athletic program is losing so much money.

Reaction Score
Your opinion is wrong. The AAC was disastrous for the athletic program, and a big part of the reason the athletic program is losing so much money.
Aren't they making more per year from the Big East anyway?

Reaction Score
The women always play there. Watch a replay of last years game for example. I went to a Seton Hall NCAA tournament game there.
I saw that game. It’s one of the rare occasions I spoke about them playing there. Lots of women's teams play in the old smaller gyms because they can’t sell tickets to big arenas.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I saw that game. It’s one of the rare occasions I spoke about them playing there. Lots of women's teams play in the old smaller gyms because they can’t sell tickets to big arenas.
So agree with me? Attendance numbers, removing UConn games, AAC out draws the NBE in WCBB.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Disastrous how? The football program actually playing a conference schedule, the other sports able to use access to the sports hotbeds of the south and for winter sports can recruit promoting trips to the south in the winter.

Reaction Score
So agree with me? Attendance numbers, removing UConn games, AAC out draws the NBE in WCBB.
WCBB draws nothing in either league outside of UConn. I haven’t seen any of the numbers. But feel free to look them up. I, most CT fans, and the national media appreciate UConn being in the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom