The CFP | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The CFP

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Haha. Not that the MAC or any G5 conference champion would ever get a first round bye.
Wasn't Cincinnati ranked 4 last year?
Notice 2 AAC teams in top 25, Tulane will be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Top ranked Men Bball team Houston. So leaving the AAC was good for the whole athletic department, how?

Reaction Score
Notice 2 AAC teams in top 25, Tulane will be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Top ranked Men Bball team Houston. So leaving the AAC was good for the whole athletic department, how?
Did I say leaving the AAC was good for the whole athletic department? But now that you bring it up…

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dollars, recruiting, success... is there a significant sport at UConn that's doing worse since leaving the AAC?

Reaction Score
Because Dan Hurley wanted to go to the NEWBIE. Nothing more to it than that. Easier trip to the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Did I say leaving the AAC was good for the whole athletic department? But now that you bring it up…
AAC was an upgrade for Houston but a down grade for UConn look at the geography. Conference USA vs the Big East hmm.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AAC was an upgrade for Houston but a down grade for UConn look at the geography. Conference USA vs the Big East hmm.

The AAC is the old Conference USA. 20 years after the first raid we are back were we started. Among a bunch of private catholics and alone in FB.

What did the AAC get us? Time. It allowed independent FB to become viable again. We'd be UMass if we had to go indy in 2003 or 2013.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The AAC is the old Conference USA. 20 years after the first raid we are back were we started. Among a bunch of private catholics and alone in FB.

What did the AAC get us? Time. It allowed independent FB to become viable again. We'd be UMass if we had to go indy in 2003 or 2013.

No. UConn would be where we are now in 2015, instead of burning over half a decade in the wilderness.

Reaction Score
The last time we got dissed by the AAC would have been the optimal time to go Indy. But as some people will remember the Big East wanted nothing to do with football schools except for ND.

Now we finally have a coach and AD that are smart enough to show UConn’s true value. And they are taking action to do so.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
They all seem to be doing significantly better.
Football is irrelevant, team without a conference. To even think there is a real future for the program is sad.
The last time we got dissed by the AAC would have been the optimal time to go Indy. But as some people will remember the Big East wanted nothing to do with football schools except for ND.

Now we finally have a coach and AD that are smart enough to show UConn’s true value. And they are taking action to do so.
True value? A big public school playing against small Catholic schools. All mostly located in areas of the country losing population and businesses. Was it worth 17 million to join the NBE?

Reaction Score
Because I have no interest in watching SMU, Tulane, Houston, USF, UCF, ECU, and Temple play UConn in any sports.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Because I have no interest in watching SMU, Tulane, Houston, USF, UCF, ECU, and Temple play UConn in any sports.
Butler, Providence, StJohns, Seton Hall, Georgetown do thrill you, watching the games in basically HS gyms?? Which of the schools I mentioned are trending up. New facilities, new good young coaches. Think it is the winter you want to recruit from the hotbed of sports in 2022, the south, does selling A road trip to Providence or South Orange or Queens or DC impress better than Tampa or Orlando or Dallas or Houston or New Orleans?

Reaction Score
I am more than happy being independent in Football and Big East for Basketball.

Reaction Score
Butler, Providence, StJohns, Seton Hall, Georgetown do thrill you, watching the games in basically HS gyms?? Which of the schools I mentioned are trending up. New facilities, new good young coaches. Think it is the winter you want to recruit from the hotbed of sports in 2022, the south, does selling A road trip to Providence or South Orange or Queens or DC impress better than Tampa or Orlando or Dallas or Houston or New Orleans?
Which of the schools mentioned above plays in a venue remotely resembles a high school gym?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Looking at the bowl season there are only 5 P5 vs G5 matchups. How long until the NCAA formalizes a 1-A and a 1-AA? Talk about full circle.

Reaction Score

Indie football is only viable because ESPN wants a game to fill on Monday at 2:30. If this were 2013 the season would be done

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom