The Carlton watch | The Boneyard

The Carlton watch

Reaction Score
4 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Josh is still moving in the right direction. He could have had a two or three more buckets but couldn't finish. Some of his fouls were a mystery to me.

One thing is clear. When he goes out, we become a complete donut.

Reaction Score

Josh is still moving in the right direction. He could have had a two or three more buckets but couldn't finish. Some of his fouls were a mystery to me.

i feel though that whatever confidence Cobb had in the beginning of the season was destroyed when Hurley stopped playing him and focussed on getting Carlton in as much as possible, so we literally have nothing when Carlton is out of the game.

Reaction Score

Thought he was really good tonight. In addition to the stats he had a ton of tips to keep balls alive. Very active all night.

Kenya Hunter came in with a pretty good rep. Maybe we have Chief's longed for big man coach.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I was pleased, again, with Josh tonight. Polley, Cobb and Wilson killed us defensively.
But our main issue was Jalen not showing up to the arena until 10 pm, which trickled down through the rest of the team in the first half.

Reaction Score
i feel though that whatever confidence Cobb had in the beginning of the season was destroyed when Hurley stopped playing him and focussed on getting Carlton in as much as possible, so we literally have nothing when Carlton is out of the game.

Hurley's playing the long game. We're going to have a pretty good Junior starting center next year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I was pleased, again, with Josh tonight. Polley, Cobb and Wilson killed us defensively.
But our main issue was Jalen not showing up to the arena until 10 pm, which trickled down through the rest of the team in the first half.
Wilson and Polley were atrocious. Lack of production out of the 4 spot is killing us.

Reaction Score
Josh had his chances tonight. He was in position to make plays and now he just needs to come through more often. A good 4 would help a lot. He should be a good player his last 2 years.

Reaction Score
I can't remember Josh getting the ball on the blocks even once. Either he couldn't carve out space or they just didn't go inside. All his points came on put backs.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Cobb doesn't play defense and commits dumb fouls. He gave us a spark early in the year, but he was never going to be the answer at the 5.

Reaction Score
I can't remember Josh getting the ball on the blocks even once. Either he couldn't carve out space or they just didn't go inside. All his points came on put backs.

Don’t know if you even give Emeka the ball on the block against Tacko Fall.

UCF is a matchup nightmare for us. Their 3-5 steal our lunch money and then sit on us while they eat it. They’re HUGE.

Ps. Very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, so the AAC tourney could have a great opportunity waiting...

Reaction Score
Cobb had that brutal sequence where he hedged out too far/hard committed a foul then gave up an and 1 a minute later. Not good

Reaction Score
Cobb had that brutal sequence where he hedged out too far/hard committed a foul then gave up an and 1 a minute later. Not good

Or when the dude just grabbed a rebound over him and then scored an easy layup because he was stil looking for the ball.

Reaction Score

Cobb is one of/ if not the worst defensive center to ever wear a UConn uniform. That lazy non existence box out on the missed free throw and an atrocious defensive play in the interior that led to a layup are prime examples why his playing time plummeted

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carlton is one of/ if not the worst defensive center to ever wear a UConn uniform. That lazy non existence box out on the missed free throw and an atrocious defensive play in the interior that led to a layup are prime examples why his playing time plummeted

I think you're looking for Cobb, not Carlton.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Carlton is one of/ if not the worst defensive center to ever wear a UConn uniform. That lazy non existence box out on the missed free throw and an atrocious defensive play in the interior that led to a layup are prime examples why his playing time plummeted

Cobb, not Carlton.

Reaction Score
Hurley's playing the long game. We're going to have a pretty good Junior starting center next year.
The long game means someone to go with Carlton and it has to be an upgrade over what we have now including Diarra.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah have no idea how he was a borderline top 100 player coming out of high school. It looks like he has just touched a basketball for the first time this season.

He's a Top 100 player because of his athleticism and length. Rankings are based on projections of what could be. Not necessarily who's the best, most fundamentally sound basketball player.

He's got huge upside. We all knew he was a bit raw in certain skillsets.

Bear in mind, the kid's got 14 collegiate games under his belt. If we are talking minutes alone, he's got roughly 8-10 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom