The Buffalo Wild Wings Promo has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree. At least Calhoun was smiling and understood. Embarrassing

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I didnt know about it but I believe its 82 pts gets some deal with wings?

Reaction Score
I didnt know about it but I believe its 82 pts gets some deal with wings?
If UConn scores 82 points the crowd gets free wings from buffalo wild wings. They held the ball for the last 20 seconds and the crowd began to boo, I also feel like the crowd wanted to see lenehan shoot. I felt bad for the players but i'm sure they'll understand.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Omar looked over to KO when he was holding the ball at the end, and KO shook his head at him. Good move.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
and the reason behind 82 points? Somehow Vegas is behind this ;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lesser version of the same thing happened in Bridgeport earlier in the week against Columbia with 80 points on the board.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I was at the game today. From where I was sitting, I thought the crowd was more disappointed about Pat Lenehan not getting to shoot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Doheny said:
Boo-ing our team over a few lousy wings? What's next? Cheering Duke to get a Pizza Hut coupon?

It's an apt comparison because BWW is the Pizza Hut of wings. Blecch.

Reaction Score
Our team is winning huge and scores 81 points and gets booed off the courts. Not good cancel this promo now!!
I thought the booing was for not allowing Lenehan to shoot. Any promo that brings money into the program is a good thing. I know that and I didn't major in marketing (Engineering). The players and coaches aren't morons they will understand. Besides I ate at Wild Wings once and will not be back. One of the worst places I've ever eaten. Despite that we should still take their money while they're still in business.

Reaction Score
During the last 2 possessions, the student section was chanting "we want wings, we want wings"...Then on the last possession when it was obvious we weren't going to shoot, they started booing...someone stood up in front of the student section next to the band and waved his hands towards the floor as if to say "quiet down". I felt bad for the players because they basically got zero applause for a well played game. Strange finish.

Reaction Score
if you like BWW, the real issue here is you. yuck.
The only thing good I can say about the place is that they are consistent. The service sucks as much as the food. They don't have any plates in the place. We were sharing an appetizer and they plopped it on the middle of the table with no silverware, plates or napkins. I had to find the waitress ask her for plates, napkins and eating utensils. She got the utensils and napkins right but said they didn't have any plates. She gave us a couple of cardboard boats to eat out of. McDonald's and Burger King are 5 star restaurants compared to BWW.

Reaction Score
It's an apt comparison because BWW is the Pizza Hut of wings. Blecch.

Back in the early/mid '90's, pizza hut did a promotion for free individual pizzas if we scored 100 pts.

Reaction Score
Boo-ing our team over a few lousy wings? What's next? Cheering Duke to get a Pizza Hut coupon?

I am now rooting for the Patriots because I get a free coffee when they win. Duke or BC I am glad I don't face that choice

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at the game today. From where I was sitting, I thought the crowd was more disappointed about Pat Lenehan not getting to shoot.

You thought wrong, it was all about the wings.

Reaction Score
Did people really boo because they didn't get a coupon for a few of those pigeon wings from BWW?:eek:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Back in the early/mid '90's, pizza hut did a promotion for free individual pizzas if we scored 100 pts.
When I was there from 90-93 they did a contest at halftime where if a fan hit a half court shot the entire place won a Pizza Hut pizza. At the Cuse game one of those years the fan hit the shot and I never heard the Civic Center as loud. We collected ticket stubs from everyone who would give them to us and ended up with about 20 pizzas for the folks in our dorm. There was a line around the block trying to get in to the restaurant as well. If I remember correctly, it had to be redeemed the day after the game so it was a madhouse.

Reaction Score
"Reeeelaaxxx"- Aaron Rodgers

Hell, this outcome may get us on Sportscenter on Football Sunday...in a blowout against CCSU.

Reaction Score
When I was there from 90-93 they did a contest at halftime where if a fan hit a half court shot the entire place won a Pizza Hut pizza. At the Cuse game one of those years the fan hit the shot and I never heard the Civic Center as loud. We collected ticket stubs from everyone who would give them to us and ended up with about 20 pizzas for the folks in our dorm. There was a line around the block trying to get in to the restaurant as well. If I remember correctly, it had to be redeemed the day after the game so it was a madhouse.

OK....I stand corrected....it was a half court shot and not 100 pts....the brain cells from back then are long gone. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom