The Bracket | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Quite a dose of recency bias in some of the seedings:

Iowa and USC rising up to #2 and #3 overall, and Texas taking #4 overall ahead of Stanford. Also, Notre Dame went from outside the top 16 to the final #2 seed in just the last two weeks of the season.

Reaction Score
SC would crush ND. IU could give them a game - if the Hoosiers can get by Fairfield.
If you're going to give an injured Va Tech a gift seed, you have to put them in the top seed's bracket.

You tell me it is a loosely or evenly called game, I am fine with Indiana. I hate that the Sweet 16 gives a potential "man, I hope we don't get that set of officials" matchup. And I thought North Carolina would be a 6/7, so disappointed to potentially see them in the 2nd.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Washington State also left out, clearly docked for their relatively poor finish. The win at Colorado in early March wasn't enough to save their bid.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Creme got 67/68 with Columbia in and Miami out
Only one miss on the field but quite a few errant seeding projections (2 seed lines in a few cases).

But his projection was a lot more accurate than Lunardi's and Palm's on the men's side.

Reaction Score
Washington State also left out, clearly docked for their relatively poor finish. The win at Colorado in early March wasn't enough to save their bid.
Right. who were some of the snubs. Penn State? Marquette? did Mississippi State make it?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right. who were some of the snubs. Penn State? Marquette? did Mississippi State make it?

Marquette made it over Miami

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
They are talking a lot about Iowa's rough draw. Even their second round matchup vs West Virginia is kinda rough. WV probably coulda been a 6 seed but lost some really close games at the end of the season.

Reaction Score

They are talking a lot about Iowa's rough draw. Even their second round matchup vs West Virginia is kinda rough. WV probably coulda been a 6 seed but lost some really close games at the end of the season.
It is a rough draw. They should have been gifted the USC or TX draw.

Reaction Score
Creme had West Virginia as a 6, and Her Hoops Stats had them as a 7. Tough second game for a # 1. And if Princeton beats West Virginia, Iowa will be playing a ranked team in the second game. Don't know my history, but how many times has a # 1 seed had to play a ranked team in the second game?

Reaction Score
No. I don’t say so. That’s the rules. Number one has the ( theoretical) easiest schedule
Applying your “reasoning” ~ should the number 2 ranked team in the country have the toughest bracket? Or should they defer to USC and TX?

Reaction Score
And your take is what? - and if you are a Vietnam Vet - utmost respect and gratitude.

If you're going to give an injured Va Tech a gift seed, you have to put them in the top seed's bracket.

You tell me it is a loosely or evenly called game, I am fine with Indiana. I hate that the Sweet 16 gives a potential "man, I hope we don't get that set of officials" matchup. And I thought North Carolina would be a 6/7, so disappointed to potentially see them in the 2nd.
Good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog