The Bracket | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I lost count of how many boneheaded plays Janiah Barker served up in crunch time. Yeah, she hit a few shots, but still.

Time for Chelsea Newton to test the waters and see what she can do as a HC. The Joni Taylor Experience isn't the way to go anymore.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder how often it's happened that the men's and women's teams from the same 2 schools face each other in the NCAA tournament?

A&M looked completely lost for much of the 3rd quarter but they really came to life in the last 13 minutes with Coulibaly's heroics and some very disruptive defense.

Nebraska went from leading by 17 late in 3Q to trailing by 1 with 17 seconds to play. The game ended up being decided by a boneheaded foul by A&M and then a rather interesting no-call.

Nebraska wins its first NCAA tournament game since 2014.

The Joni Taylor hire was underwhelming when it happened and it still underwhelms.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder how often it's happened that the men's and women's teams from the same 2 schools face each other in the NCAA tournament?

A&M looked completely lost for much of the 3rd quarter but they really came to life in the last 13 minutes with Coulibaly's heroics and some very disruptive defense.

Nebraska went from leading by 17 late in 3Q to trailing by 1 with 17 seconds to play. The game ended up being decided by a boneheaded foul by A&M and then a rather interesting no-call.

Nebraska wins its first NCAA tournament game since 2014.

The Joni Taylor hire was underwhelming when it happened and it still underwhelms.

Tomorrow is Round 2 of the Kevin Guskiewicz Bowl. He is the former Chancellor at Chapel Hill who left a few months ago to become the President of Michigan State. I wonder if he was at the women's game. I KNOW he will be at the men's game today.

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson has several "how in the world did she make that?" shots tonight. She obviously is not the kind of player you would typically find at a school like Norfolk St. She and Wheeler have almost all of their points tonight.
No she's not, but her desire to play at an HBCU is to be commended. They were also talking about the HC's history with Norfolk from his playing days to coaching. Had been an AC for a long time on the men's side before he took over the women's program. Impressive work building this program up from what they were.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Classic. Now I need to blast that in my car later today.

Cause ain't no such things as halfway Crooks.

Thanks to Marylands porous interior defense, the chorus of that song has been in my head all morning :confused:

Reaction Score
I lost count of how many boneheaded plays Janiah Barker served up in crunch time. Yeah, she hit a few shots, but still.

Time for Chelsea Newton to test the waters and see what she can do as a HC. The Joni Taylor Experience isn't the way to go anymore.
Anybody got video of the deciding call in this game? ESPN game highlights predictably ignored the call that made the difference. Can’t risk hurting an officials feelings, so you go from Coulibaly’s putback to take the lead to a missed A&M shot at the buzzer. Figure the rest out yourself.

Reaction Score
Cause ain't no such things as halfway Crooks.

Thanks to Marylands porous interior defense, the chorus of that song has been in my head all morning :confused:
LOL. You young peeps are teaching elderly Minnesota me new rap lyrics. My bookmarked rap song list is maybe only three deep. I at least knew the real refrain to the Ludacris song that Nissan is using for their NCAA car commercials which isn't bad for a 70-something.

Reaction Score
The announcing team doesn’t get much on-camera time and Christy Winters-Scott wanted us to see her bra in that time.lol

Reaction Score
Tennessee had a very impressive win today. If I’m in their bracket I’m feeling a bit nervous.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Holmes started for Indiana today and looks to be close to 100%. Fairfield hanging tough.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess the Hoosiers are going to have a monster 2nd half then since they lead by 1 late in Q2.
Well they aren't gonna get to a 30 point margin, but they've had a comfortable lead the entire 2nd half.

edit--they actually might get 30; it's 25 w/ 4 minutes left

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma be first to complain about the start times for Sunday. Ohio State and Duke at Noon.. .. meh ok. But they really did a disservice to the VPI fans., as their game doesnt start until 8pm Meanwhile the game in Corvallis starts at 4, and the game in Austin starts at 6 EST

LOL. You young peeps are teaching elderly Minnesota me new rap lyrics. My bookmarked rap song list is maybe only three deep. I at least knew the real refrain to the Ludacris song that Nissan is using for their NCAA car commercials which isn't bad for a 70-something.

That's one of the reasons I love coming to the Boneyard. Where else can I be called young :):):)

Reaction Score
Imma be first to complain about the start times for Sunday. Ohio State and Duke at Noon.. .. meh ok. But they really did a disservice to the VPI fans., as their game doesnt start until 8pm Meanwhile the game in Corvallis starts at 4, and the game in Austin starts at 6 EST

UConn fans have had to enjoy many 9 pm weeknight NCAA games. And most fans have 30-90 min drives to Storrs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iowa-Holy Cross is kinda looking like Indiana-Fairfield, only they blew it open in Q2 instead of Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FGCU seems to have been completely off the radar all year long. Just another 29-4 season and ruled their conference. Well...I think they have Oklahoma's attention at the moment. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom