The Boneyard Greatest TV Show of All-Time Tournament | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard Greatest TV Show of All-Time Tournament

Reaction Score
1555763407261.png

Sneak peek! I don’t know how navigable this chart will be on a phone, but it should offer a hint at some early favorites.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure to see the Ali-Frazier fights live, you had to pay and go to a venue that showed it on closed circuit TV. ABC's Wide World of Sports showed a taped replay the next Saturday. Was a huge Frazier fan. Not really a fan of Cassius Clay.

Funny how memories shift and change as they are re-remembered over a long period. I could swear I just turned on the TV and watched.

Reaction Score
There are really only 4 legitimate answers to "best tv show ever":

Mad Men, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and the Wire.

You're free to your own opinion, but just know that you're making the TV argument equivalent of "actually the Monkiees were better than the Beatles or Stones"
Mad men was about the inner lives of is characters, that's not for everyone. And the action, business stories, personal quips, family drama is highly relatable at least for me. If you haven't enjoyed Roger Sterling's one liners, you missed a top five best supporting character by virtually all accounts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1) Seinfeld (hands-down greatest ever, never gets old, countless refs)
2) Game of Thrones (show that will define the millennial generation)
3) The Sopranos (greatest character development show ever)
4) Louie (way ahead of its time, shame it was cancelled)
5) Curb Your Enthusiasm (Rated-R Seinfeld, Larry David's a comedic genius)
6) Jeopardy (greatest game show, hands-down)
7) Late Night with Conan O'Brien (R.I.P., at it's time my favorite talk show, was unapologetically goofy and wacky with its sketch comedy)
8) Breaking Bad (one of the last great shows broadcasted on cable, and 2nd greatest lead character behind Tony Soprano)
9) Boy Meets World (defined my childhood, still find most of it hilarious)
10) Freak and Geeks (much like Louie way ahead of its time, shame it was cancelled)

Honorary mentions:
Twilight Zone
Late Night with David Letterman
The Daily Show
Twin Peaks
SNL

Reaction Score
BONEYARD-TV.jpg

Greatest TV Show of All-Time Tournament

It's simple. I love TV, you probably like TV. I want you to give me a list of up to 10 of your absolute favorite TV Shows. I will collect everyone's data, from that, seed them based on your rankings and then generate a bracket with hopefully some interesting regions and pairings. From there we will have the Boneyard vote until we have an ultimate winner.

You don't have to give me 10 selections, the more the better but as many as you deem worthy is just fine. There are no wrong answers, if it happens that As The World Turns faces off against Flavor of Love in the final then so be it. I will collect answers until next Tuesday and then by the weekend I will probably (maybe?) start the pairings.

Vote submission form, have fun!
I have not watched a TV program since MASH left the air in the 80’s. Hate tv. I watch sports on my computer and that is the extent of my tv watching. Stupid shows. Stupid ads. Everything is sex or putting down white straight guys. But maybe I am wrong because I don’t watch it. Try reading or spending quality time with loved ones.

Reaction Score
I have not watched a TV program since MASH left the air in the 80’s. Hate tv. I watch sports on my computer and that is the extent of my tv watching. Stupid shows. Stupid ads. Everything is sex or putting down white straight guys. But maybe I am wrong because I don’t watch it. Try reading or spending quality time with loved ones.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Saul is slowly becoming one of my favs too. Next season is going to be epic
Actually here is my list from what I can remember:
MASH
Taxi
Soap
Hogan’s Heros
Three Stooges
My 3 Sons
I Dream of Jeannie
Beverly Hillbillies
Andy Griffith
CBS News with Walter Cronkite
Bonanza

Reaction Score
Lol, thank you for your interest in this tournament. Don’t you have a bingo hall to get to?

Reaction Score
Actually here is my list from what I can remember:
MASH
Taxi
Soap
Hogan’s Heros
Three Stooges
My 3 Sons
I Dream of Jeannie
Beverly Hillbillies
Andy Griffith
CBS News with Walter Cronkite
Bonanza
Don’t worry I’m sure you didn’t, but even on the off chance that you somehow found and figured out the link and how to submit your choices you can be sure they will be summarily deleted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Game of thrones
Simpsons
Lost
Walking dead
Soprano
Battlestar galactica
Family guy
Law and order
Snl
Dexter

Reaction Score
Don’t worry I’m sure you didn’t, but even on the off chance that you somehow found and figured out the link and how to submit your choices you can be sure they will be summarily deleted.
Why?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

You might want to look out your window. I think there's some kids on your lawn.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the SNL stuff. Those who remember it being funny are my age, and you watched it in the 70s and 80s when you were high. The show really isn't very funny.
Thanks! I though I was the only one that felt this way. I remember a few years back a couple of people I worked with kept playing the Blue Oyster Cult "more cow bell" skit over and over. They were cracking up at it. The only thing I found funny about it was that two grown men would find it funny. It was kind of moronic.

Reaction Score
Cheers
Seinfeld
China Beach
Touched by an Angel
Seal Team
Happy Days
M*A*S*H
Walker, Texas Ranger
Wild, Wild West
Frazier

Reaction Score
Thanks! I though I was the only one that felt this way. I remember a few years back a couple of people I worked with kept playing the Blue Oyster Cult "more cow bell" skit over and over. They were cracking up at it. The only thing I found funny about it was that two grown men would find it funny. It was kind of moronic.

Can only be one reason they were cracking up over it.
Because it never gets old and is ALWAYS hysterical:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom