The Boneyard Greatest TV Show of All-Time Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard Greatest TV Show of All-Time Tournament

Reaction Score
Rules question @Mano

I’ve seen Band of Brothers listed here, and it’s objectivley great television, but it’s a mini series not a tv show. Does it count?
I would have no objection to the inclusion of miniseries’. I plan on counting them if people submit them so...

Reaction Score
I would have no objection to the inclusion of miniseries’. I plan on counting them if people submit them so...
I think that's mixing, but your poll and could be interesting. Anything with Richard Chamberlain in it that aired on ABC between 1977 and 93 should be eliminated regardless.
Definitive Miniseries rankings:
1. Roots (OG)
2. Band of Brothers
Everything else

Reaction Score
Simpsons season 3-8 is the greatest tv show of all time. The Zombie Simpson episodes they put out now is a damn shame.
That run of seasons it had is unmatched. Part of me doesn’t want to include the series as a whole on account of the collective mediocrity of the rest of the seasons. It will still probably make in my Top 10 comfortably though.

Reaction Score
Is this just American tv or international, btw. I might change some of my non American tv shows if this is a USa only tourney. Just let me know!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have over 300 different TV shows on DVD. My first criterion is do I re-watch with some regularity.

I can't remember the exact order of my initial selections, but in order my first 3 were West Wing, The Wire, and Dead Like Me. The rest of my top ten are: The Americans, Foyle's War, Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad, Cheers, Band of Brothers, and NYPD Blue.

Since it was an option, I posted an additional ten. Grimm topped that list having just missed the first list. Among the others are: Smash, The Bridge, Lonesome Dove, Fargo, Game of Thrones, Life, Last Kingdom, and Tinker Tailor.

I will enter no more lists, but several other series I hold in high regard are: The Dresden Files, Alias, Homicide, The Border, China Beach, Deadwood, Lie to Me, X Files, Eli Stone, and Winds of War.

Oh yeah. Foyles’s War! Amazing show. David Tenant era Dr. Who was superb. Horatio Hornblower was another I forgot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Combat
All in the Family
Big Bang Theory
Everyone Loves Raymond
The Honeymooners
Foyle's War
Blacklist
Intelligence
Sanford&Son
Cheers
Two and a Half Men
Blue Bloods
Persons of Interest
Hell on Wheels
Turn
NYPD Blues

Reaction Score
That run of seasons it had is unmatched. Part of me doesn’t want to include the series as a whole on account of the collective mediocrity of the rest of the seasons. It will still probably make in my Top 10 comfortably though.
It’s okay to include it IMO just because of the cultural impact it had during the 90’s. The writing was out of this world, the jokes were witty yet simple enough that even dumb brains could get something out of it. Had it all. What we see today is almost unrecognizable. If it had stopped after season 9 or 10 it’d be the undisputed champ.

Reaction Score
Combat
All in the Family
Big Bang Theory
Everyone Loves Raymond
The Honeymooners
Foyle's War
Blacklist
Intelligence
Sanford&Son
Cheers
Two and a Half Men
Blue Bloods
Persons of Interest
Hell on Wheels
Turn
NYPD Blues
Big Bang AND Two and a half Men? The tourney for bad shows is over there. ->

Reaction Score
Is this just American tv or international, btw. I might change some of my non American tv shows if this is a USa only tourney. Just let me know!
Whatever you wanna include bruh.

Reaction Score
Friday Night Lights
Chuck
Moonlighting
The Wire
The Shield
Boomtown
Brotherhood
Game of Thrones
Firefly
Freaks and Geeks

Reaction Score
Chappelle's show
seinfeld
curb your enthusiasm
In living color
Fresh Prince of Bell Air
Martin
Wonder years
Family guy
impractical jokers
The King of Queens

Reaction Score
GoT
Cheers
Airwolf
Tour of Duty
Seinfeld
He Man & Masters Of The Universe
The Dukes of Hazard

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
In No Particular Order:
Ray Donovan
The Sopranos
Star Trek
M*A*S*H
South Park
Dick Van Dyke Show
Cheers
The World At War
Twilight Zone
The Simpsons

Reaction Score
Big Bang AND Two and a half Men? The tourney for bad shows is over there. ->
Yeah there is an interesting tourney for what today is known as 'guilty pleasures', back in the 70's these were just shows I watched b/c I was too stupid to know they sucked (even though my parents told me).
The Six Million Dollar Man
Dukes of Hazard
The Greatest American Hero
What's Happening!
Alice
The Incredible Hulk
CHiPs
Diff'rnt Strokes
SWAT
Man from Atlantis

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I came up with a second list

Foyle's War
Miami Vice
Avengers (Steed & Peel)
I Love Lucy
Dr. Who (Tenant)
Star Trek
House
X-Files

Reaction Score
South Park
The sopranos
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
The office
Always Sunny
Spongebob
Friday Night Lights
Better Call Saul

Reaction Score
Mr Ed, Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom. Sorry don't watch much TV. Never saw most shows mentioned (Seinfeld, Sopranos, Friends....) People have posted whole lists on here that I haven't seen one episode of any of them.

Reaction Score
Yeah there is an interesting tourney for what today is known as 'guilty pleasures', back in the 70's these were just shows I watched b/c I was too stupid to know they sucked (even though my parents told me).
The Six Million Dollar Man
Dukes of Hazard
The Greatest American Hero
What's Happening!
Alice
The Incredible Hulk
CHiPs
Diff'rnt Strokes
SWAT
Man from Atlantis
Well there was like 3 channels back then so I don’t blame people from liking what was on but how people can tune into these CBS comedies when there is so much content that’s actually funny is beyond me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom