The Boneyard definition of Optimist and Pessimist. | The Boneyard

The Boneyard definition of Optimist and Pessimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
An optimist thinks there will be lots of Yarders at the Boneyard halftime meeting at home games.

A pessimist thinks there will be lots of Yarders at the Boneyard halftime meeting at home games.

Hope to see some optimists and pessimists at the Louisville game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Boneyard optimists are a country mile more pessimistic than TonyC and Boneyard pessimists are a shade more optimistic than well .... (fill in the blank.)

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
A Boneyard optimist thinks its great that we are undefeated. A Boneyard pessimist thinks we should beat everyone by 50.
A Boneyard optimist thinks it's great that we have the coverage the Horde provides. A Boneyard pessimist will check their spelling.
A Boneyard optimist thinks we have a great recruiting class coming in. A Boneyard pessimist wonders why we haven't got (fill in the blank).

The rest of us will sit back in wonder as the two sides duke it out. And put our two cents in to stir the pot some more.

Last edited:

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
A Boneyard optomist thinks its great that we are undefeated. A Boneyard pessimist thinks we should beat everyone by 50.
A Boneyard optomist thinks it's great that we have the coverage the Horde provides. A Boneyard pessimist will check their spelling.
A Boneyard optomist thinks we have a great recruiting class coming in. A Boneyard pessimist wonders why we haven't got (fill in the blank).

The rest of us will sit back in wonder as the two sides duke it out. And put our two cents in to stir the pot some more.
I always follow icebear with everything that has nothing to do with religion and he spells optimist with an 'i.'

Reaction Score
;)
I always follow icebear with everything that has nothing to do with religion and he spells optimist with an 'i.'
Does this post make you a pessimist (checking spelling) or a good speller ? ;)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, it makes my point - spelling corrected on edit.....:p

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Yes, but one more "s" than most of us use.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A Boneyard optimist thinks its great that we are undefeated. A Boneyard pessimist thinks we should beat everyone by 50 knows that each victory brings us one game closer to our streak-ending defeat.
A Boneyard optimist fantasist thinks it's great that we have the coverage the Horde provides. A Boneyard pessimist optimist will check their spelling.
A Boneyard optimist thinks we have a great recruiting class coming in. A Boneyard pessimist wonders why we haven't got (fill in the blank).

My two cents annotated.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What else would you call TonyC?

TonyC?

A superb judge of wcbb talent with consistent objectivity in his keen appraisals of individuals and teams, an unwavering confidence in the certainty of UConn's continued success and the contrasting inevitability of the decline of the accursed Tennessee LadyVols, not to mention a unique gift for creative use of the English language when dispensing particles of his vast wisdom on the Boneyard.

Just another practical thinker with a measured and realistic view of what looms in the future of wcbb.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No. An optimist is someone who still hopes that someday, somehow, some "game announcer" will announce something about the game that is going on in front of him/her and comment on it; such little matters as who has subbed in or out, what defenses are being used and how they seem to be faring, etc., rather than TBS's damned "wingspan" and whose damned auntie was third team AA back in 1977 and how team A needs to "compete" and is not doing it. I am not optimistic.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
elzorrogris said:
No. An optimist is someone who still hopes that someday, somehow, some "game announcer" will announce something about the game that is going on in front of him/her and comment on it; such little matters as who has subbed in or out, what defenses are being used and how they seem to be faring, etc., rather than TBS's damned "wingspan" and whose damned auntie was third team AA back in 1977 and how team A needs to "compete" and is not doing it. I am not optimistic.

Other trivial matters like what the last call was, how many fouls a player has, etc., also seem to fall by the wayside far too often......

Making matters worse was one R. Lobo who just *had* to chime in recently about Stewie's wingspan, during live action in a game, referring to Stewie as "having the wingspan of a seven-foot-one player...."

Not only do they bring it up every 5 minutes, they usually get it wrong!! <<rant off>>

:)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Veering off topic from the OP (natch), I was watching the men play Cincinnati on Thursday and heard, for about the 50th time, that Amida Brimah has been playing basketball for only 4 years. That is the men's team's equivalent of Breanna's wingspan comments. So, we can all be happy that there are lazy/bad announcers in both the women's and the men's game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
From this we should be happy? Because the men's announcers comport themselves as badly as the women's? Incidentally, I would swear that I have heard this "wingspan" alternatively described as "72", "7'", "that of a 7 footer" "that of a 7'2" person", and it seems that there was at least one more that I can't recall just now.

Reaction Score
Other trivial matters like what the last call was, how many fouls a player has, etc., also seem to fall by the wayside far too often.

:)
TV announcer's rule of echolalia: The TV announcer will always announce who fouled and how many fouls immediately after the rink announcer can clearly be heard in the background providing the same info. It is only when the rink announcer cannot be heard that the TV announcer does not provide the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom