The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 74 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Look at that flame kissed perfection empoyed by bandanna

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sigh, I was looking for a reason not like the new feed, but inclusion of the cameras has sucked me back in.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm full-screen, stopping short of opening up the site in Chrome to cast it to the TV, but this'll be the first time I can watch and monitor the thread at the same time.

I'll need a good soundtrack. It won't be Tom Petty, but at this point the waiting is the hardest part. Hmm...

Reaction Score
I think I spotted some blazin saddles, maybe.
blazin saddles.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm full-screen, stopping short of opening up the site in Chrome to cast it to the TV, but this'll be the first time I can watch and monitor the thread at the same time.

I'll need a good soundtrack. It won't be Tom Petty, but at this point the waiting is the hardest part. Hmm...
If you move your cursor to the middle of the right side of the frame you should scroll over a picture-in-picture option, which allows you to watch and monitor the thread (or anything else, like work...) at the same time.

I thought about casting it to my TV the other night, but then I feared that would give Mrs. 8893 more evidence to have me committed.

Reaction Score
I'll need a good soundtrack.

It's a marathon not a sprint so you don't want anything too fast. Plus it should reflect both the big Texan Zeitgeist and something of the competitors. Suggest starting with Chip Taylor & The New Ukranians "f all the perfect people" make sure to include plenty of Lucinda Williams and you'll get there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did anyone just catch the waitress arranging the items on the plate with her bareback hands??

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's a marathon not a sprint so you don't want anything too fast. Plus it should reflect both the big Texan Zeitgeist and something of the competitors. Suggest starting with Chip Taylor & The New Ukranians "f all the perfect people" make sure to include plenty of Lucinda Williams and you'll get there.
I suggest the Texas Gentlemen:

Reaction Score
I suggest the Texas Gentlemen:

Perfect for people going there for a few beers and a regular steak, but for the long haul we don't want to get our crowd bobbing and weaving. Need to keep them slow and on pace.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Spotify offered 3 Chip Taylor songs (including “duck*...“), and segued into Richard Thompson's "1952 Vincent Black Lighting," and then the Burrito's version of "Wild Horses." I'm not going to upset mojo of the offered playlist until it goes off the rails or a competitive eater calls for a different vibe. The pace is right for watching an empty table and a flaming grill.

EDIT: ^ well-calibrated profanity filter. Whatever.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Pretty much you are looking at a play list not a single song. But if you are going to go with a single song, I'm thinking maybe Neil Young doing Southern Man live? The Dead doing Truckin' live would be a good choice. It has a good chewing rhythm.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Dead doing Truckin' live would be a good choice. It has a good chewing rhythm.
When I was posting pictures from the Plains & Panhandle Museum yesterday, all of the vertical ones were sized too large for my quick screen grab from Google Photos method, so I couldn't put up a nicely-labeled Dire Wolf skeleton.

The languid portion of a good Dead set might, in a different way, work as well as upbeat stuff did when I watched the Warriors crush the heavily-favored Bullets in '75's NBA Championship.

Meantime, I've gotten Gillian Welch and Uncle Tupelo's mournful "Moonshine," and now John Prine's "Angel from Montgonery," all stuff I never choose, but still good choices.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not impressed. Molly is Cal Ripken. This record will never be broken.
View attachment 59078

That's 3 steaks with sides in 20 minutes. A human shouldn't be able to survive that.
No kidding. In a youtube video somewhere she was talking about some competition, that she won. I don't remember what it was, but it was some feat of consumption that was nuts. She said she went out to eat right after it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No kidding. In a youtube video somewhere she was talking about some competition, that she won. I don't remember what it was, but it was some feat of consumption that was nuts. She said she went out to eat right after it.
My favorite to watch was the 30 hot dogs in 15 mins (she finished in less than 11). Each dog had a different topping and some were gross. She almost blew on the wasabi one and had to choke down something called a "hershey dog", exclaiming "this is disgusting" while trying to force it down. All the toppings that fell on the table... she just scooped 'em all up with her hands and shoved 'em in.

Reaction Score
I think you sit at the table with a deliberate strategy, the words running through your mind "If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me? For I must be traveling on now cause there's too many places I've got to see." I would like to think it's challenging enough that you spend the final 5 minutes with these frantic images:

Reaction Score
What happened? Could somebody have ordered that steak but opted not to participate in the contest?

Reaction Score
Nope, we have a competitor. I like the new camera angle but it requires further adjustment. Can't see this guy's steak at all.

Reaction Score
Bad placement man. Can't see any of the plate. Just a backwards cap with shades on top. Very bad placement.
edit: they just adjusted it. Seems OK.

Reaction Score
Judging a book by its cover, he has the general appearance you want to see in a contender. Big, burly, bearded guy. 12 minutes in and he is already mopping sweat off his forehead. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Maybe it means his metabolism has been kicked up a notch.

And its all steak so far. Not even so much as a glance at the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger