The Big Least | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Big Least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom line, it's all about one thing....$$$$$$$$$

Markets bring money. Getting the B10 network into more homes brings more money. There are many directions the B10 can go, but the Rutgers/UConn/ND/?? seems like the way to get the most people most interested in having the B10 network.

Reaction Score
Markets bring money. Getting the B10 network into more homes brings more money. There are many directions the B10 can go, but the Rutgers/UConn/ND/?? seems like the way to get the most people most interested in having the B10 network.

That's all true but the North East may not add as much as you think because it is such a strong pro market. It won't do much for B10 viewership. The B10 network is already in the Tri-state area so incrementally it won't be much.​

Reaction Score
Looks like this week may be the week the Dominos start to fall after the Texas and Oklahoma Regents have their meetings.

Whatever survives of the Big-12 and Big East will be the Best of the Rest with the teams at the top begging for Big Ten recognition

This could well stop with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the PAC-14.

Missouri (or WVU) and Texas A&M to the SEC-14.

Pitt and SU to the ACC-14

The Big East and Big 12 merging into the Big-14.

West (Longhorn Network Division)

Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU
Kansas
Kansas State

The Small Sprawl
Iowa State
Nova (or another add)
UConn
RU
Louisville
Cincy
USF

what a joke

Reaction Score
Now that the BE is falling apart, the Big10 is going to just sit on its hands while Notre Dame goes into a tizzy.

Reaction Score
That's all true but the North East may not add as much as you think because it is such a strong pro market. It won't do much for B10 viewership. The B10 network is already in the Tri-state area so incrementally it won't be much.​

It's not actually in the tri-state area in the fashion they want. They get pennies a month for their product, whereas in the midwest, homes have to pay up $$$. They are on the basic tier.

Reaction Score
But they were at the time of admittance. The reason they aren't anymore is because some of their fellow B10 schools (Michigan/Wisconsin) voted them out. The presidents of those two schools have also publicly stated their disapproval of Nebraska joining the conference for that reason alone.

UConn may be academically as good, but they don't bring in the level of research dollars that the B10 prides themselves in.

You all are underestimating the arrogance in terms of academics that many of the universities in the B10 have. Some of which is very much deserved. I understand the feeling that many of you have towards TV markets/national football prominance being the driving factor for conference affiliation, but you all seem to forget that Oklahoma was denied acceptance into the B10 last year due entirely to their lack of academics.

I'm not trying to be that guy, but if they deny Oklahoma, do you really think they are going to vote in favor of UConn?

Johnny, I totally get what you are talking about, and you have been quite genteel in the presentation of your point. It is part a matter of pedigree, and not just deservedness. (Is that even a word?) We are certainly an equal of many schools in the B10 in terms of academics and athletics. We do lack your tradition; but we come from New England, and that is a different part of the country. We have been frugal with our athletic programs, traditionally. And so you are right, we do have to rely on our market potential a great deal.

Reaction Score
Now that the BE is falling apart, the Big10 is going to just sit on its hands while Notre Dame goes into a tizzy.
Exactly (I know I always agree with you, sorry :().

Reaction Score
Exactly (I know I always agree with you, sorry :().

ND needs to look its alumni in the face and say, you've kept us back long enough. After ND loses tonight and longtime buddy Pitt leaves for the ACC, it will be time for ND to make the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom