The Big East needs to invite Gonzaga, Stanford, and Cal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Big East needs to invite Gonzaga, Stanford, and Cal

Reaction Score
the Big 12 was too much travel but now we're taking those schools?
I know… l listened to Val say .. we are happy at 11 schools and we have no plans to expand at this time.. she also said…the other conferences are spread out all over the country which is not good for our student athletes or coaches

Reaction Score
I was previously against their addition due to the loss of double round robin play. But if the other power conferences are going to 22 games, then we can add the Zags and keep the DRR. You add 2 quality games to the schedule - types of games that may get tougher to acquire in future OOC scheduling. The added travel for the BE is nominal - Gonzaga would bear the burden. If they want it, come on down IMO.

Reaction Score
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse
Getting Temple does help football a bit .But Dayton
is better add.
I like the WCC but seriously adding a team in the Pacific time is great for me . Even an 8PM game in the East starts at 5PM
That not the greatest

Reaction Score
The other option is sit around doing nothing like the old Big East while every other conference grab anything that's valuable on the board.

Big East might as well annouce we will die slowly if that's the case.
Sometimes doing nothing is the smart move.

Reaction Score
Sometimes doing nothing is the smart move.
when in doubt do nothing
measure twice, cut once
patience
luck is opportunity meeting preparation
be prepared

Reaction Score
Big East is so damn slow, again, to move. Should grab Gonzaga right now. Hell, take St Mary’s too.

If acc can have Stanford /call, big east can have Gonzaga, st mary
The Big East should be talking to Gonzaga and the Pac 2. I believe that the Pac 2 will survive and reconstitute. It could merge with the Big East and make a Gonzaga addition more feasible. If the Pac 2 are serious about competing as a 2 team conference next year, they have plenty of room for UConn football. If they somehow manage to keep their P5 designation, it could be the opportunity that UConn football really needs right now. The Big East going into talks with Fox with Gonzaga and two west coast P5 schools would be in a much stronger position. Football would not need to be included in the media deal. UConn has our own deal, CBS Sports will be losing Army so I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up WSU and OSU.

Reaction Score
The Big East should be talking to Gonzaga and the Pac 2. I believe that the Pac 2 will survive and reconstitute. It could merge with the Big East and make a Gonzaga addition more feasible. If the Pac 2 are serious about competing as a 2 team conference next year, they have plenty of room for UConn football. If they somehow manage to keep their P5 designation, it could be the opportunity that UConn football really needs right now. The Big East going into talks with Fox with Gonzaga and two west coast P5 schools would be in a much stronger position. Football would not need to be included in the media deal. UConn has our own deal, CBS Sports will be losing Army so I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up WSU and OSU.
UConn and UMass should be in their ear constantly about a short term 4 team PAC football conference if WSU and OSU are serious about going down that path.

Reaction Score
First of all, it isn’t. Big 12 is. Big 10 probably second.

Big east needs to protect itself and has to increase its footprint and revenue.
First of all it is.. won the championship last year..check it out

Reaction Score
First of all, it isn’t. Big 12 is. Big 10 probably second.

Big east needs to protect itself and has to increase its footprint and revenue.
Perhaps mathematically because G'town and DePaul have been so dreadful. But those big conferences don't care about basketball so the point is moot. To be fair, the once proud ACC has been saddled with L'ville, ND, bcu, and cuse.

I do believe that the Big East is in a very precarious position. It needs to expand but there are no ideal candidates. If just 1 or 2 of its top brands get poached, it will be crippling. UConn is expected, but if Nova or SJU leave, big trouble.

Reaction Score
Perhaps mathematically because G'town and DePaul have been so dreadful. But those big conferences don't care about basketball so the point is moot. To be fair, the once proud ACC has been saddled with L'ville, ND, bcu, and cuse.

I do believe that the Big East is in a very precarious position. It needs to expand but there are no ideal candidates. If just 1 or 2 of its top brands get poached, it will be crippling. UConn is expected, but if Nova or SJU leave, big trouble.
If the big east gets a decent tv deal nobody is leaving..if they don’t and the money the big 12 can pay can make up the travel costs… then maybe uconn would leave… but no way the big 12 is going to let uconn in with a full share with all sports… uconn football doesn’t bring any value.. it actually hurts the league

Reaction Score
If the big east gets a decent tv deal nobody is leaving..if they don’t and the money the big 12 can pay can make up the travel costs… then maybe uconn would leave… but no way the big 12 is going to let uconn in with a full share with all sports… uconn football doesn’t bring any value.. it actually hurts the league
UConn is going to have to leave with any kind of deal if the Big East doesn't do something to solidify itself. UConn can't be stuck in a Big East situation where 1 or more other programs decide to split.

Reaction Score
How so?
I don’t think having one of the worst football teams in America helps the conference.. without basketball we would have trouble getting into a g5 league

Reaction Score
Then UConn doenst go in with a full share. The full share thing is over. Smu/cal/Stanford insured UConn will never get a full share anywhere.

UConn needs to just do better than what it is doing. Even if it got a zero share, it probably does better being in big 12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn is going to have to leave with any kind of deal if the Big East doesn't do something to solidify itself. UConn can't be stuck in a Big East situation where 1 or more other programs decide to split.
Who would split from the Big East? There's no place for them to go. No P# school wants any Big East school that doesn't play FBS football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t think having one of the worst football teams in America helps the conference..
You do realize that Connecticut football isn't a part of the big east conference, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Then UConn doenst go in with a full share. The full share thing is over. Smu/cal/Stanford insured UConn will never get a full share anywhere.

UConn needs to just do better than what it is doing. Even if it got a zero share, it probably does better being in big 12.
I believe getting a share of college football playoff money is worth about 15 million per year per team alone. So even joining the big 12 at a zero media distribution share would result in our tripling our conference revenues give or take.

Reaction Score
Who would split from the Big East? There's no place for them to go. No P# school wants any Big East school that doesn't play FBS football.
Meanwhile the Big 12 is still talking to Gonzaga. We don't know anything with any certainty when it comes to CR. Big East programs could end up in the ACC for all we know. Imagine a Georgetown/Navy or SJU/Nova/Army move. That would be another kick to the crotch.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile the Big 12 is still talking to Gonzaga. We don't know anything with any certainty when it comes to CR. Big East programs could end up in the ACC for all we know. Imagine a Georgetown/Navy or SJU/Nova/Army move. That would be another kick to the crotch.
if Gonzaga goes to a P4, then hold on to your nads because the Big East is about to get picked apart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom