OT: - the best player in the sport | The Boneyard

OT: the best player in the sport

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ben stokes. 'mvp' leading england to 2019 cricket world cup. today, with england on the absolute edge of losing 'The Ashes' The Ashes - Wikipedia he put on 'an all time historic performance.' as part of the 'down to your last breath' madness, the luck included aussie fumbling a gimme, and later, aussie unable to challenge another finishing blow because they had previously used up their review challenges.
i have no idea how this game works, but I look in occasionally because stuff happens.
only hours old, this highlight vid has blown past 3 million hits. somebody likes this sport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would like to learn about this sport to understand it. Could someone explain how it works?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I would like to learn about this sport to understand it. Could someone explain how it works?
no. listening to the announcer, im not sure even they know. lol. any championship called 'the ashes' makes me concerned about even getting near it, 'casual fan' at best. did you see that play where the guy whacked that rock, and the defender (?) 10 feet away (3 meters?) had to dive out of the way? no thanks. right out. entertaining, tho.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know much about it, but I know you get "runs" by hitting the ball out of the field (in the air 6 runs) (on the ground 4 runs) or by running from 1 wicket to the other. You can be out by the ball being caught in the air, knocking over the wickets (or the bails off the wickets) when bowled, or when the batter is running between the wickets. There are some other ways to get out also, but I don't understand them.

If you are around the area, they play cricket in Riverside Park just north of Hartford, east side of 91. I've seen them there on Sunday afternoons.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ben stokes. 'mvp' leading england to 2019 cricket world cup. today, with england on the absolute edge of losing 'The Ashes' The Ashes - Wikipedia he put on 'an all time historic performance.' as part of the 'down to your last breath' madness, the luck included aussie fumbling a gimme, and later, aussie unable to challenge another finishing blow because they had previously used up their review challenges.
i have no idea how this game works, but I look in occasionally because stuff happens.
only hours old, this highlight vid has blown past 3 million hits. somebody likes this sport.

I was in London this weekend.

To say that this thing captivated the country is an understatement - I've watched it and have a raw idea of the rules, but am not an expert - apparently, this dude did something legendary that will go down alongside one other performance in the sport as the best ever.

It had the front and back pages of every newspaper.

Another sports' related observation - a week ago Saturday, we were taking the National Rail from London to Dover at about 9 am, maybe. The train we were taking came from the southeast - the Arsenal fans that fell off that train at the station were tailgating like they had found cheat codes for it.

Everyone who got off the train had alcohol and the train was delayed so they could clean and mop it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pretty much everything other than king of the hill loses me in the rules department. why is bunting a ball foul with 2 strikes an out? what's that little circle at the bottom of the key for again? howcum you can't clock the quarterback? 15-love? too many clubs in my bag? banging a bat into the roof of the dugout? ineligible receiver? let? balk? bring back peach baskets and cages! this thread is starting to hurt my head-too much homework. ban the OP.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
pretty much everything other than king of the hill loses me in the rules department. why is bunting a ball foul with 2 strikes an out? what's that little circle at the bottom of the key for again? howcum you can't clock the quarterback? 15-love? too many clubs in my bag? banging a bat into the roof of the dugout? ineligible receiver? let? balk? bring back peach baskets and cages! this thread is starting to hurt my head-too much homework. ban the OP.
"Because he must..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom