The AP is dead WRONG!!! | The Boneyard

The AP is dead WRONG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How could the AP give the coach of the year to Muffet!!!!!!! So her team is undefeated....so is UCONN. UCONN did it down Morgan Tuck who is a true stud and has such a huge impact on the game... but in addition to losing Tuck for the year Geno was without KML for 12 games. In those 12 games UCONN continued to beat top ranked teams by 19+ points. Penn State, Maryland, etc. The closest game was Baylor if I am not mistaken and we beat them by double digits. Didn't ND have some close games with all their players healthy?>?????

AP is WRONG!

Reaction Score
ND lost Skylar Diggins, the best player (up to that point) in ND history and yet the Irish won the ACC and remain undefeated. She deserves the honor for her basketball coaching.
So she deserves to be the ACC coach of the year. Geno has lead his team and at points in time where he only had six healthy scholarship players to an undefeated season. He lost Kelly Faris a defensive juggernaut....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So she deserves to be the ACC coach of the year. Geno has lead his team and at points in time where he only had six healthy scholarship players to an undefeated season. He lost Kelly Faris a defensive juggernaut....
ND had the #2 strength of schedule and UConn had the #39 SOS because of the top heavy AAC. Beating North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Syracuse, and FSU is more impressive then beating Houston, Memphis, Central Florida, SMU, and Cincinnati.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Yes, she deserved it. But, did she deserve it exclusively? The argument could be made that what Geno did this year was amazing...but, then again others will counter with yeah...he did it with 3 All Americans and 2 future All Americans. My answer to the entire situation is that Geno is more concerned with winning a national championship than with winning the coach of the year and being the guy he is, he is probably content with congratulating fellow Philadelphian Muffet McGraw on her achievement.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree Muffet deserved it. UCONN was expected to go wire to wire. Now on the men's side, they ought to give it to Ollie. UCONN was barely a blip on the Men's CBB radar this season. But the women - #1 wire to wire. Geno deserves kudos for keeping the team on top through some injury and sickness games, but in reality, the regression of Chong and Banks during the course of the year has to be factored in. Does coaching not have anything to do with that? There are actually 3-4 other coaches I'd give it to before Geno...

And before you ask or disagree, the ones I am thinking of are Mulkey, Carey, the assistant at UNC, and maybe the HC at BYU, altho only if they take the NCAA tourney into consideration...

Reaction Score
Totally fine with Muffet winning. After all, Geno probably could have win about 17 of the last 20 years. Someone else has to get it some time, right?

Reaction Score
Would Geno rather be coach of the year or coach of the National Champions? Nine will be fine. Soon Geno and CD will need more fingers or put them on their toes.

Reaction Score
Would Geno rather be coach of the year or coach of the National Champions? Nine will be fine. Soon Geno and CD will need more fingers or put them on their toes.
Agree. Muffet did an outstanding job this year, arguably better than Geno. National Championship is the ultimate goal.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
How could the AP give the coach of the year to Muffet!!!!!!! So her team is undefeated....so is UCONN. UCONN did it down Morgan Tuck who is a true stud and has such a huge impact on the game... but in addition to losing Tuck for the year Geno was without KML for 12 games. In those 12 games UCONN continued to beat top ranked teams by 19+ points. Penn State, Maryland, etc. The closest game was Baylor if I am not mistaken and we beat them by double digits. Didn't ND have some close games with all their players healthy?>?????

AP is WRONG!

Coach of the Year? Fine. I'm ok with it. Diplomat of the year... not so much.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Geno actually won, if she didn't clap for Stewie, I feel like she would've walked out if his name was called :eek:

Reaction Score
Totally fine with Muffet winning. After all, Geno probably could have win about 17 of the last 20 years. Someone else has to get it some time, right?
Are you advocating that the distribution of the award should be somewhat along the lines of "Whose turn is it?"

Reaction Score
While I don't disagree with Muffet as Coach of the Year, I don't see her choice as particularly clear cut either. Much of what she is credited with might be attributed to the media's fixation on Diggins last year. I think Skylar was given much to much attention last year and, as a result, McBride, Achonwa, and Loyd entered this year with less respect than they should have enjoyed. Less was expected this year due to Skylar's hype last year. To me, that doesn't translate into McGraw being the indisputable COY. We'll see soon enough. The issues that plagued UConn this season, the ones the Geno had to address and overcome, have now visited South Bend. Let's see Muffet deal with those, then we can talk.

Reaction Score
Muffet deserves COY. She is the best at recruiting some of the best players in the country and teaching them how to flop and draw fouls!

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Geno should have some type of recruiting award, hands down most talent.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Muffet did a great job of coaching with what she has. Geno did a great job of going through a process (recruiting and developing talent) so that what he has is a cup that runneth over. Both are very deserving...Which means I don't complain about either winning the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom