That was a hell of a basketball game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That was a hell of a basketball game

Reaction Score
This game is a bigger underdog game than Nova/GTown (11 seed from the play-in game, 13.5 point underdog). With a more exciting finish, overtime, and better play overall.
I'm not going by the Vegas oddsmakers though. I mean, a team can't actually play better than Villanova did that day I've never seen it. They played out of their minds. But the team they played against was a team full of terrors at the time. They annihilated opponents. I still say its the greatest performance I've seen in over 4 decades. I mean, when you say better play overall, remember that Villanova shot 80% or something like that. I think Georgetown shot really well too.

Tonight's game is definitely up there among the greatest of all time, but I just have difficulty comparing so many good games.

Reaction Score
I'm not going by the Vegas oddsmakers though. I mean, a team can't actually play better than Villanova did that day I've never seen it. They played out of their minds. But the team they played against was a team full of terrors at the time. They annihilated opponents. I still say its the greatest performance I've seen in over 4 decades. I mean, when you say better play overall, remember that Villanova shot 80% or something like that. I think Georgetown shot really well too.

Tonight's game is definitely up there among the greatest of all time, but I just have difficulty comparing so many good games.
This was an incredible game tonight played at an extremely high level offensively but it's tough to compare because the players in college were just better back then. The key to slowing down Gonzaga is slowing down Drew Timme, the key to slowing down Georgetown was slowing down Patrick Ewing. It's just a different beast.

Reaction Score
All time game, the kid timme just makes winning plays. The charge to end regulation was incredible.
juzang is an incredible scorer. What is his draft stock like? I feel like he is the finished version of what we all hope bouk would end up as with the way he scores all over. Maybe not quite as athletic but a better shooter.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hate to say it.. but i was rooting for Cronin

Mick's best job ever. Only the second time he even made it out of the first weekend, and that took three games

UCLA played great tonight

Reaction Score

I'm not sure why you wouldn't go with Vegas for biggest upset. Kind of a proven authority. 13+ points tonight vs. 8 in 1985.

Overall play meaning both teams. Oft forgotten, but Nova had 17 turnovers in that game. Kinda mars the great shooting.

Both teams had 20+ assists tonight, with less turnovers than either team had in that game. Both teams shot 57%+, didn't give up as many orebs as GTown got. Better basketball. Better finish. OT. The full package.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ya'll a serious bunch of hypocrites. all i 'saw' at the end was a bunch of people running around, yelling, screaming, hugging each other with no distancing, masks, etc... but the bs some of youse peddle just one door down- 'don't! ...' is forgotten momentarily because it was fun...for you. at one thread, you freak, and you fear, and you dictate, while at another u literally lick each other's faces, ie 'ok here, but not ok there.' in kali, cheering and singing are verboten. in connecticut tomorrow, most are prevented from attending their holiday services, while big family gatherings are frowned upon, but it's ok to swap spit on tv if it's your jubilation.
hypocrites. so no i ain't celebrating ur fraud fest, and no, i'm not hearing 'bbut it's different!' y'all should kiss Indiana's grits -none of it could happen around here.

Reaction Score
ya'll a serious bunch of hypocrites. all i 'saw' at the end was a bunch of people running around, yelling, screaming, hugging each other with no distancing, masks, etc... but the bs some of youse peddle just one door down- 'don't! ...' is forgotten momentarily because it was fun...for you. at one thread, you freak, and you fear, and you dictate, while at another u literally lick each other's faces, ie 'ok here, but not ok there.' in kali, cheering and singing are verboten. in connecticut tomorrow, most are prevented from attending their holiday services, while big family gatherings are frowned upon, but it's ok to swap spit on tv if it's your jubilation.
hypocrites. so no i ain't celebrating ur fraud fest, and no, i'm not hearing 'bbut it's different!' y'all should kiss Indiana's grits -none of it could happen around here.

UFO alert.

Reaction Score
That UCLA team was super fun to watch throughout the tournament. Props to Mick, I initially thought his marriage with UCLA was a weird one and doomed to fail but it seems like he can build something special there.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
All time game, the kid timme just makes winning plays. The charge to end regulation was incredible.
juzang is an incredible scorer. What is his draft stock like? I feel like he is the finished version of what we all hope bouk would end up as with the way he scores all over. Maybe not quite as athletic but a better shooter.
I was looking at a mock draft after the game and was surprised to not see him on it...assuming that might change idk

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Juzang had a wide open 7 footer at the end of regulation and decided to go in for a layup. He’d been hitting midrange jumpers all night at an 80% clip. They had it. Just made a bad decision.

Two steps too far - I think he just got a little out of control.

Pull up probably wins it.

Reaction Score
Timme flexing is terrible and I just can't stand it. I will root for Baylor on Monday
Overall I really like the Zags program and Mark Few and I even like most of their players this year but Timme is annoying enough to ruin it. Gotta root for Baylor unfortunately

Reaction Score
Top 5 college basketball games I’ve ever seen, in chronological order because I don’t want to rank.

1. NC State — Maryland ACC Championship game, the year NC State overthrew UCLA and only the ACC conference tourney winner went to the tourney.

2. UCLA — NC State triple OT national semifinal, where the reign ended.

3. Kentucky — Duke regional final. Grant Hill to Laetner.

4. The 99 Championship game.

5. Last night.

The list is based on the quality of the play, the importance of the game and the competitiveness of the game.

Reaction Score
The FG shooting percentage in this game was just insane, there were a lot of pros on the floor last night.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was looking at a mock draft after the game and was surprised to not see him on it...assuming that might change idk
Seems like he might teach a few players how to finish at the hoop. He was scary. Great footwork and touch.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Timme and his crap makes me root against them I agree. He’s an idiot, just play please!
Mau! How can you not love Timme? I'm surprised at your take here. Kid is an old school skilled big, I wish there were one of those on our team! I hope Sanogo watches endless tape of Timme and copies his game.

Reaction Score
Mau! How can you not love Timme? I'm surprised at your take here. Kid is an old school skilled big, I wish there were one of those on our team! I hope Sanogo watches endless tape of Timme and copies his game.

The endless “look at me” poses every time he scores is way too much for me. Now the ‘stache crap. Love his game but other than that hope Vital gets an elbow to his teeth so I can see that pose reaction. Lol

Reaction Score
"There are onions Jim, and then there are MAJOR! ONIONS! WITH A KISS!!"

Classic Raff.

Suggs is the best player on the floor, BUT between both team's rotations (UCLA's and Gonzaga's top-7):
  • Two seniors
  • Five juniors
  • Five sophomores
  • Two freshmen
  • Three transfers
The point? If you want to find the elite teams in the NCAA, you need some major contributors that are upperclassmen.

Also, despite what some people say on here, elite teams have transfers who are major contributors: imagine Gonzaga without Nembhard and imagine UCLA without Juzang.

Reaction Score
The difference is Sanogo does it without an ounce of ego. All Sanogo does is work.

Back to your other points, yes, Timme is an excellent college big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom