That should keep the board quiet | The Boneyard

That should keep the board quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Welsh made an interesting point about Facey improving from game to game. I think he has. He looks more confident. (Wagner and Northeastern wouldn't have stood a chance today.)

A lot of what he did today can be done against better teams. Obviously he's not going to score 20 a night (if ever again) but 8 a game would help immensely. He has nice touch.

Enoch looked good, too. He just needs to realize he's 6'11", 250 and that nobody should be able to stop him from doing basic things offensively.

Reaction Score
A nice normal blowout of a poor team. As it should be.

NFLA was bad, they just had worse depth then us. Moore was double teamed most of game and was still making NBA 3s until the last 10 minutes and he was shot.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Jalen stayed more focused and was penetrating at will. I thought his defense looks better, but did not really focus on that. Kentan gave the Huskies a YUGE lift by being aggressive and making plays early in the game so they don't end up in a big hole again. Vital was another one giving a big lift--nice 3's and several steals. The fourth steal did not show up on the box score, but he turned nearly all of those steals into fastbreak opportunities. Too many turnovers, but definite progress. Defense looks better. I wonder why Juwan Durham did not play in the second half.

Reaction Score
Jalen stayed more focused and was penetrating at will. I thought his defense looks better, but did not really focus on that. Kentan gave the Huskies a YUGE lift by being aggressive and making plays early in the game so they don't end up in a big hole again. Vital was another one giving a big lift--nice 3's and several steals. The fourth steal did not show up on the box score, but he turned nearly all of those steals into fastbreak opportunities. Too many turnovers, but definite progress. Defense looks better. I wonder why Juwan Durham did not play in the second half.

Vital lost a deuce too on a pitiful charge call, but he was good again -- great to see him make a couple 3's out of the gate as I think he can shoot it a little. He and Jalen did a nice job too on their scorer whether tired out. Kentan was great and has showed confidence which we will need moving forward. Amida had a nice run when he had a few rebounds, oops and even boxed out twice in a row. He ruined his momentum with stupid fouls it's too bad he was in for a big one I think.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I thought the first half was a battle. They could bot do anything but drain 3's. That is what kept them in the game. Lucky in the second half that barrage slowed down. They don't stop and think about the 3, It was a catch and release. Amazing. Of course we pulled away. Facey did well even though it was not a very good team. Enoch had some moves. Vital all smiles. Hey what a sports weekend. Gmen looked good and our dos prevailed. Giant game was not on where I am. So, lap top. WFAN streaming, put on wireless headset and sat looking and listening both games. Now it is Dallas to go down tonight.

Reaction Score
While the first 2 losses are inexcusable and with Larrier and Gilbert still there, I think the shock of the 3 season ending injuries has worn off a bit and denial has led to acceptance. Beat Orange flu at MSG and had the lead in the second half at OSU. We fouled too much but the refs were homers too IMHO. Today looked as a real UConn team would by beating up a bad team. I think/hope the players realize this is what they have and for Vital in particular what he has is an opportunity.

But please AB, stay on the floor against a team like North Florida.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree on the Facey points. With this team probably gonna see a lot of zone, Facey is going to get a ton of looks at the FT line and he has a nice jumper there. Plus he can actually dribble better than some of the guards (not ideal, but it isn't a total meltdown if he has to take a couple of bounces).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NF isn't good, but they've put up solid efforts in their pay day games.

They kept themselves in it with the three and then they got a boot on their neck.

Basically, pretty pleased.
Agreed Fish
NFla had some good efforts vs P5 team but UConn's defense, especially CV made a big difference today

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nice confidence boosting win. Take care of business against Auburn and them game by game. Season isn't over yet. These guys are showing som fortitude.

Reaction Score
Bad P5 teams. The better ones they got hammered by.

Only thing notable was Banks was better than any UConn big, don't understand why they can't develop bigs.

I could care less about CV's game, show up like last week, his stats are against bad teams or wide open games UConn already lost.

He won't remotely play next year when we have JA, MAL and AG.

Agreed Fish
NFla had some good efforts vs P5 team but UConn's defense, especially CV made a big difference today

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Only thing notable was Banks was better than any UConn big, don't understand why they can't develop bigs.

I could care less about CV's game, show up like last week, his stats are against bad teams or wide open games UConn already lost.

You are an idiot.

Reaction Score

Wait. So you'd rather have Banks' 11 points and 3 boards than Facey's 20 and 9? And Brimah's 11 and 7? And Enoch's 7 and 7?

And your comments about Vital are just garbage. Stop watching if you're just gonna slam a kid who was supposed to be the backup backup PG but instead is playing 30mpg and playing better than anyone could ever expect from a kid ranked outside the top 150, 8 games into his college career. I swear, some people are just greedy, entitled s.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anytime you see someone with a post to like ratio greater than 4:1, you can be pretty sure somewhere a village is missing its idiot. Don't engage those.
Yeah, I noticed the post to like ratio. One of the worst on the Yard.

Reaction Score
Yes, great barometer. If I go on a crazy homer bias love fest and say that Amida Brimah is really a great player I could raise my like count.

Yeah, I noticed the post to like ratio. One of the worst on the Yard.

Reaction Score
Wait. So you'd rather have Banks' 11 points and 3 boards than Facey's 20 and 9? And Brimah's 11 and 7? And Enoch's 7 and 7?

And your comments about Vital are just garbage. Stop watching if you're just gonna slam a kid who was supposed to be the backup backup PG but instead is playing 30mpg and playing better than anyone could ever expect from a kid ranked outside the top 150, 8 games into his college career. I swear, some people are just greedy, entitled s.
It's @JSM1970's shtick. With one 3* about to graduate, it's time to start unreasonably bashing another 3*.

Reaction Score

Wow! And you all thought I was pessimistic.

Care less about CVs game??? The kid wasn't even a top 100 recruit and he's come in and done more than anyone could have even imagined. His defense is tenacious....he hits threes. Wtf? The kids an under-recruited freshman! I can't wait to continue to watch the kid develop. I trust him when he's on the floor..and love him WAY more than Purvis.

Smh.

Reaction Score
Yes, great barometer. If I go on a crazy homer bias love fest and say that Amida Brimah is really a great player I could raise my like count.

You made the asinine comment that Banks was better and then someone points out you were wrong and the best you can do is this "brimah lovefest" BS. Give it up you're ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom