Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For one job - can’t remember if VA or Syrscus — Reiss removed herself from contention. Unclear if she wasn’t interested or could see that she wasn’t going to get it

I'd forgotten she was an assistant at Syracuse before she landed at URI

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Well the refs saved her in the game against Duke. She definitely should have fouled out. I'm not one to complain though.
Bro, they called her for an "over the back" when she was closer to the basket and IN FRONT of Emsbo, the player they claimed she "fouled." How is that even possible? Announcers went appropriately ballistic. So it definitely cut both ways.

Reaction Score
After 3,
2-3 Cinci 52 Kentucky 31

Egads

The ship be sinkin

65-41 final

Cats beat East Tenn St and SC Upstate to start, and now 5 straight losses.

Gonna be tough to win a conference game.

Reaction Score
Chicago St. is 0-9 already. I guess they wanted to make sure to be the first team to reach double digits in the loss column.
Since they’re not ina conference, tough to get games in Jan/Feb.
they play 20 games in Nov/Dec but 5 in Jan and just 2 in Feb

Reaction Score
Is anyone watching the UCLA game? Lauren Betts' stats are low so I'm guessing she hasn't played much. Is she being benched? Or an injury?
I'll answer my own question cuz I'm crazy.
Watched the highlights on YouTube. Betts appeared to have left the game at the beginning of the second quarter, with a leg injury of sorts. She was on the bench and then left to the back. But she was back on the bench after halftime. The highlights don't show anything regarding the injury and I stopped watching so I didn't hear any soundbites about what happened.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Since they’re not ina conference, tough to get games in Jan/Feb.
they play 20 games in Nov/Dec but 5 in Jan and just 2 in Feb
Being an independent is tough, but being an independent when you have absolutely zero cache is really tough. Weren't they in the WAC recently?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
LSU/UCONN both have provided their share of early season irony. In the offseason both teams looked overloaded with depth to the point where sharing playing time seemed to be a concern, but now both are short on talent with all of their injuries/mystery situations (Reese/Poole).

LSU in particular is going to be very reliant on starters if they don't get Reese or Smith back. They only have 6-1 Morrow and 6-6 Del Rosario inside, and Del Rosario is a freshman who wasn't expected to be a rotation player this year.

Reaction Score
Being an independent is tough, but being an independent when you have absolutely zero cache is really tough. Weren't they in the WAC recently?
Yes
But once the WAC midwest grouping fell apart (UMKC went to the Summitt), the closest team to Chicago was like 1000+ miles.
They have no business being D1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kansas St. beat North Carolina. Looks like it was pretty close throughout.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes
But once the WAC midwest grouping fell apart (UMKC went to the Summitt), the closest team to Chicago was like 1000+ miles.
They have no business being D1.
I imagine even when there were a few schools somewhat nearby, the travel was hard to justify for a school with a very limited athletics budget.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LSU squeaked by Virginia. Morrow must've thought she was back at DePaul--37 pts/16 reb.

Reaction Score
LSU squeaked by Virginia. Morrow must've thought she was back at DePaul--37 pts/16 reb.
She was efficient at least (15-25). The chemistry of LSU looks so off with no Reese or Smith inside. No poole. They are missing basically every piece they had from last years team now. Mikaylah Williams didn’t look healthy either she had a noticeable limp when I watched a little bit earlier. And Hailey Van Lith almost sustained a knee injury slipping on the floor.

Reaction Score
@VA Husky Did UVA express interest in Reiss when the job was last available? Or did she turn it down?
UVA was definitely interested. As you probably know Reiss is a UVA grad who played with Dawn. My understanding is that she withdrew her name from consideration.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I attended the Gonzaga-Alabama game today in Katy, just outside Houston. The game was sparsely attended overall, as these neutral court Thanksgiving games often are, but the Zags had a decent little cheering section as the Truong sisters are local products from Jersey Village High School. And they were given plenty to cheer about.

The Zags raced out to a 15-2 lead at the first media timeout and never trailed from there. The lead ballooned to 30-11 in the second quarter and then 50-21 early in 3Q. After that Gonzaga went cold and Bama cut into the massive lead, getting as close as 14 with 6:30 to play, but that's about as close as they got.
  • Yvonne Ejim was magnificent in this game; she finished with 23 points on 11-15 FG, 8 rebounds and 3 assists, and always seemed to be in the right place.
  • Brynna Maxwell (who played 3 years at Utah before transferring) had the hot hand at times; she has a sweet shooting stroke from 3 and a very quick release.
  • The Truong sisters, Kayleigh in particular, did a great job handling the pressure of Alabama's guards and providing floor leadership. Kayleigh went a bit cold with her shooting but she still had 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocks to go with only 1 turnover.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Big rematch tomorrow of Iowa/Kansas State. I think Iowa pulls it out but wouldn't be shocked if Kansas State wins again. Iowa doesn't have an answer inside for 6-6 Ayoka Lee.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Big rematch tomorrow of Iowa/Kansas State. I think Iowa pulls it out but wouldn't be shocked if Kansas State wins again. Iowa doesn't have an answer inside for 6-6 Ayoka Lee.
It's like deja vu all over again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom