Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UVA was definitely interested. As you probably know Reiss is a UVA grad who played with Dawn. My understanding is that she withdrew her name from consideration.

The first WCBB team that I rooted for was those Cav teams with Reiss and Staley. It crushed me when they were so close those 3 years but couldn't deliver a title.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good morning hoop fans. Yesterday's games below. No real surprises in the games of ranked vs ranked. Putting aside all the other stuff, LSU looks like it still needs to find chemistry. Sounds familiar, eh?
1701000694270.png

Here are today's top 25 matchups:
1701001377145.png

Reaction Score
Big rematch tomorrow of Iowa/Kansas State. I think Iowa pulls it out but wouldn't be shocked if Kansas State wins again. Iowa doesn't have an answer inside for 6-6 Ayoka Lee.
Iowa’s going to have an even harder time containing her without Stuelke, who missed their last game due to injury. But I also think Iowa takes this one, possibly in runaway fashion. Clark played probably her worst college game ever in the first meetup.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Iowa’s going to have an even harder time containing her without Stuelke, who missed their last game due to injury. But I also think Iowa takes this one, possibly in runaway fashion. Clark played probably her worst college game ever in the first meetup.
I'm surprised that this game isn't being televised/streamed.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Gonzaga leads Louisville 21-19 at the end of the 1Q at the Betty Chancellor Tournament. Coach Walz got T'd up after a slew of calls on Louisville sent a parade of players to the FT line for Gonzaga.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought the tournament they're at is available via FloHoops?
Could be, I have no idea but that does make sense. Maybe it will be a last-minute live stream on their YouTube channel...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga leads Louisville 21-19 at the end of the 1Q at the Betty Chancellor Tournament. Coach Walz got T'd up after a slew of calls on Louisville sent a parade of players to the FT line for Gonzaga.
Maybe getting a T was a good idea? Louisville took control in Q2 it looks like.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So what did we learn?

Alabama beat Louisville.
Gonzaga beat Alabama.
Louisville beat Gonzaga.
Everybody beat Liberty.

So, we pretty much learned nothing from that set of games. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So what did we learn?

Alabama beat Louisville.
Gonzaga beat Alabama.
Louisville beat Gonzaga.
Everybody beat Liberty.

We learned plenty: 3 mediocre/inconsistent teams plus 1 bad team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
So what did we learn?

Alabama beat Louisville.
Gonzaga beat Alabama.
Louisville beat Gonzaga.
Everybody beat Liberty.

I watched these games.

I thought Gonzaga looked the best but after Louisville got beat by Alabama I knew the Cards would come out with a vengeance which they did. Louisville plays bully ball on defense. I’m surprised they aren’t called for more fouls and they flop around a lot but Mykasa Robinson is on staff so that actually tracks. Twice Cochran got the ball in the post and just jumped up tossed the ball up and literally fell to the ground with no contact. The Gonzaga player was just looking around as if to say “did anyone see this”…it was quite amusing.
Alabama might get an upset or two in the SEC. They aren’t that bad actually. Essence Cody their freshman center had a double double in one of the games. She will be better and they have some good guards with McQueen, Timmons, Nye, and Barker.

Was an entertained tourney. Mississippi State should sweep the other bracket undefeated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched these games.

I thought Gonzaga looked the best but after Louisville got beat by Alabama I knew the Cards would come out with a vengeance which they did. Louisville plays bully ball on defense. I’m surprised they aren’t called for more fouls and they flop around a lot but Mykasa Robinson is on staff so that actually tracks. Twice Cochran got the ball in the post and just jumped up tossed the ball up and literally fell to the ground with no contact. The Gonzaga player was just looking around as if to say “did anyone see this”…it was quite amusing.
Alabama might get an upset or two in the SEC. They aren’t that bad actually. Essence Cody their freshman center had a double double in one of the games. She will be better and they have some good guards with McQueen, Timmons, Nye, and Barker.

Was an entertained tourney. Mississippi State should sweep the other bracket undefeated.
I watch a bit of Gonzaga here and there. I think Ejim is fairly underrated, really solid player that probably a lot of people don't know about. Maxwell can get red hot. The Truong twins are good.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa avenges its loss to Kansas State, 77-70.

Iowa went ice cold in 4Q and saw its 11-point lead vanish. Then Clark put on her cape and hit two clutch 3s in crunch time and that was basically the game.

Clark finishes with 32 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals.
Lee and Sundell both had 18 for K-State.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State “wins” the Van/Betty Chancellor Classic after beating Tulsa 102-58. Of note Coach Purcell was out sick and J Carter did not play due to a minor injury. MSU moves to 8-0 on the season and steps up Wednesday with a home game versus Miami. Few takeaways:
Starters were E Barnum, D Rogers, D Powe, J Jordan and L Park-Lane.
MSU had 20 assists and only 3 turnovers.
Six MSU players were in double figures with D Rogers leading the way with 25, D Powe 21, L Park-Lane 14 and E Barnum, J Jordan and M Sheppard each with 10.
L Park-Lane had a double double with 14 points and 10 assists with 1 turnover.
In the Clemson game she had 11 points, 10 assists and 2 turnovers. Against Arkansas PB 12 points, 8 assists and 2 turnovers.
J Jordan had 10 points and 13 rebounds.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Florida-Gulf Coast edges #18 UNC, 65-64.
Hee hee...I couldn't resist going to the UNC board and they have started a thread, questioning Courtney Banghart's coaching skills. Hmm...the powder blue people never fail to entertain!

angela-lansbury-jessica-fletcher.gif

Reaction Score
I watched these games.

Louisville is a big question mark to me still. A lot of good players but still not sure how well it all fits together. I don’t think Cochran has developed at all since she arrived to campus despite showing high potential as a frosh.

Alabama could finish fourth in the SEC and I wouldn’t be shocked. Could see them stealing a game against Ole Miss or Tennessee; probably not ready to compete with SC or LSU just yet although the latter looks quite unstable right now. Barker is having an excellent senior season so far and they have some nice complementary pieces to slot around her.

Gonzaga looks like a good bet as a Round of 32 team to me. They always play a strong schedule and it seems to benefit them down the stretch.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Closing out the holiday weekend tourneys, #18 UNC and #22 Oklahoma both had two losses. Not sure UNC's loss to #18 KSU is a dealbreaker, however not sure how the pollsters will view the loss to FGCU. #22 Oklahoma lost to #19 TN and a very good Princeton team, so should be an interesting AP poll today.
1701082320125.png

Reaction Score
Mississippi State “wins” the Van/Betty Chancellor Classic after beating Tulsa 102-58. Of note Coach Purcell was out sick and J Carter did not play due to a minor injury. MSU moves to 8-0 on the season and steps up Wednesday with a home game versus Miami. Few takeaways:
Starters were E Barnum, D Rogers, D Powe, J Jordan and L Park-Lane.
MSU had 20 assists and only 3 turnovers.
Six MSU players were in double figures with D Rogers leading the way with 25, D Powe 21, L Park-Lane 14 and E Barnum, J Jordan and M Sheppard each with 10.
L Park-Lane had a double double with 14 points and 10 assists with 1 turnover.
In the Clemson game she had 11 points, 10 assists and 2 turnovers. Against Arkansas PB 12 points, 8 assists and 2 turnovers.
J Jordan had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
State has still only played one Power 5 school, Clemson. And they barely won; Clemson lost by 69 to SC. . Jury is still out on the bulldogs.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
State has still only played one Power 5 school, Clemson. And they barely won; Clemson lost by 69 to SC. . Jury is still out on the bulldogs.
Yea I noticed that too.

The tourney had two brackets the Betty and Van Chancellor.

The Betty bracket had Louisville, Gonzaga, and Bama while the Van bracket had Mississippi State and Clemson.

Betty bracket had the better slot of teams. Will be interested to see if that tourney continues. It was nice as all games were on ESPN+

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom