Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thanksgiving Holiday Tourneys

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State placed 6 players in double figures in a 79-45 win over Cincinnati.

#10 NC State vs. #3 Colorado Saturday at 2 pm.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Creigton is gonna get a win against Michigan St. They haven't played anybody but Sparty was 5-0. Close in the first half, but Creighton pulled away after halftime.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Creigton is gonna get a win against Michigan St. They haven't played anybody but Sparty was 5-0. Close in the first half, but Creighton pulled away after halftime.

msu.jpeg

Arizona St. is putting a hurtin' on South Florida. I did not expect that.

That doesn't bode well for High Point tomorrow. :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
High Point, poor High Point , I can't watch this anymore

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Florida St. is really lighting up Stanford. You don't often see them surrender points like that. Cardinal are keeping pace, but I would not have expected a shootout to this extent.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State beat Clemson 81-78 in the opening game of the Van Chancellor Classic. MSU moves to 6-0 with a couple of close wins at Belmont and this one.
We still have a long way to go but I like how we lock down at the end of the close ones. In my opinion having the transfers find their respective roles is an ongoing process. We don’t look comfortable right now. Right now our best five on the court is J Carter, D Powe, D Rogers, J Jordan and L Park-Lane. E Barnum isn’t looking as comfortable guarding the quicker fours. D Rogers helps spread the floor and can score from all three levels. She is a long defender and had 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 0 turnovers tonight. Regardless Barnum will figure it out. She is way too talented and determined. This team will look a lot different as the season progresses.
Few other observations from tonight. We had five in double figures scoring: Jordan 24, Carter 12, Park-Lane 11, Powe 11 and Rogers 10.
Park-Lane had a double double with 11 points and 10 assists (2 turnovers and 1 steal).
We outscored them 19-5 off turnovers and 10-4 with second chance points with a 13-5 offensive rebounding edge.
In contrast we were only 15-26 on layups to their 14-19. They also shot 56% overall and 46% from the perimeter. Both stats are terrible and have to get better.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
There was just under 6 minutes, which is plenty of time for a come back. From what I saw, North Carolina finally woke up and played defence and pressed for the balance of the quarter. Vermont crumbled under the pressure unfortunately.
Meanwhile, UNC women's soccer collapsed. They led 3-0 into the 80th minute and gave up four goals to BYU in the last ten minutes. @triaddukefan, Christmas, New Years, and next year's Thanksgiving came early. Let's rejoice.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Great... we were up 45-41.... then St Marys went on a 23-0 run. :oops: Lemme stop with the basketball until tomorrow.
Man, A&T was firmly in control when I typed that, and it was in the first half. I'm not gonna take credit for jinxing them on this one, too much time inbetween. Sorry anyway for your team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford 100-88 over Florida St. FSU put up 34 in Q1. Stanford slowed down their pace after that, but that's still a lot of points given up for a Tara coached team. Monster game for Iriafen, 30/17. Brink fouled out but had 19/9 plus 6 blocks. Latson had 23. Gordon was scoring big for FSU early but looks like she cooled off in the 2nd half. I remember Bejedi from Arizona St., seems like that was about 8 years ago.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Missouri beat Tennessee Tech by 1, I think they had to score in the last few seconds to do it. Tech is 0-4 this year.

Reaction Score
Missouri beat Tennessee Tech by 1, I think they had to score in the last few seconds to do it. Tech is 0-4 this year.
Speaking of a SEC coach, Pingeton and elzy will be out of a job very quickly. I also don’t see Johnnie Harris at Auburn ever doing much

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or are most of these tournaments going with prearranged matchups rather than actual brackets w/ teams advancing?

Anyway, a few games tomorrow that could potentially be interesting:

Alabama vs Gonzaga
Kansas St. vs North Carolina
Nebraska vs TCU

There are others, those are just some that caught my eye.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom