Thank you, UVa | The Boneyard

Thank you, UVa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see some new blood and some old blood rise to the top of the ACC. Wait until L'Ville gets there next year. Three conferences in three years for Pitino, with two conferences championships. Will he get three in a row?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's a good thing for Bennett that the tournament his team just won was in the Bible Belt. He thanked JC (not our JC) and credited his faith (and this from a coach at a state flagship school) for sustaining him and his team.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's a good thing for Bennett that the tournament his team just won was in the Bible Belt. He thanked JC (not our JC) and credited his faith (and this from a coach at a state flagship school) for sustaining him and his team.

I don't think this would've made waves anywhere. Anyone has a right to their faith or lack thereof.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
So glad Dook lost. Congrats to uVA on a heck of a season. Neither team deserves a #1 seed...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think this would've made waves anywhere. Anyone has a right to their faith or lack thereof.
I'm not so sure about that, in fact I'm pretty sure I remember a very recent event where an assistant football coach caught hell for saying something very similar and was forced to resign.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wish more coaches kept their teams on the floor, out of respect for the winning team, during trophy presentation.

Reaction Score
Great back and forth game. UVA is really good. That kid Gill had 12 off the bench and looked unstoppable at times. Except for shooting free throws. Then he looked very stoppable. But he would give us fits.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure KO thanked God after the Memphis win on TV. I thought I saw a prayer circle with the team after the game. (The former is true, the latter, not so much.) :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I guess you've never watched UConn basketball in the past 2 years, Ollie thanks God all the time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Coach Jones got in trouble for expressing his intent to impose Jesus on 11 other individuals. Coach Bennett thanked his own personal Lord. The difference is subtle, but important.
I'm not so sure about that, in fact I'm pretty sure I remember a very recent event where an assistant football coach caught hell for saying something very similar and was forced to resign.

Reaction Score
Fun weekend having both my teams in conference championship games...too bad only 1 walked out with a trophy. Still looking forward to runs by both of them in the tourny though!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nice to see some new blood and some old blood rise to the top of the ACC. Wait until L'Ville gets there next year. Three conferences in three years for Pitino, with two conferences championships. Will he get three in a row?

I really don't give a crap who wins the ACC as long as it's never Syracuse or Boston College.

But as is our luck with Louisville, the ACC bought them high in both football and basketball.

Football heads off without the quarterback, coach and NCAA-tagged recruiter that built their recent run. And basketball loses Smith, Van Trese, Hancock, and the freak, Harrell.

They're mid-packish in both sports next year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think UVA should get the final 1 seed over Michigan or Villanova. Just a feeling.

Reaction Score
I think UVA should get the final 1 seed over Michigan or Villanova. Just a feeling.

Especially as Michigan State is sticking it to Michigan.

For our sake as a likely 5 seed, I'd rather have the possibility of facing Nova (who I think we can beat) than Virginia.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Especially as Michigan State is sticking it to Michigan.

For our sake as a likely 5 seed, I'd rather have the possibility of facing Nova (who I think we can beat) than Virginia.
Agree. Virginia plays outstanding defense and would really hurt us I think. Nova is just another case of a 28-30 win mid-major that earns a top seed.

Reaction Score
I really don't give a crap who wins the ACC as long as it's never Syracuse or Boston College.

But as is our luck with Louisville, the ACC bought them high in both football and basketball.

Football heads off without the quarterback, coach and NCAA-tagged recruiter that built their recent run. And basketball loses Smith, Van Trese, Hancock, and the freak, Harrell.

They're mid-packish in both sports next year.
I'm sure Louisville has some studs coming in and the cupboard is far from bare but losing Smith, Harrell and Hancock is huge, there is definitely going to be a pretty big drop off next year.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
It's been refreshing to see FSU, then Miami, and now UVA to win the ACC.

Reaction Score
A complete mislead about that situation. No one has a problem with either coach expressing their faith. A state university should be wary of a coach trying to convert people. They weren't hired to to that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Don't worry Duke UNC will slap them down next year and they will go on a 30 year hiatus. I must say though that this year they are very very good. I have them L ville, Arizona as my top picks ( I leave one open for UCONN which is why I never win pools except in 99, 04 and 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom