Thamel: Spreadsheets, wiretaps and bank records detail payment scheme in hoops corruption case | The Boneyard

Thamel: Spreadsheets, wiretaps and bank records detail payment scheme in hoops corruption case

Reaction Score
>>The possibility of Miller serving as a cooperating witness for the government would reverberate through college sports, as he held strong relationships with a number of prominent coaches on the college and AAU levels, and recruited dozens of players as clients over the years. (Miller did not return a call seeking comment.)

“If you think Andy Miller is protecting anyone, you’ve got another thing coming,” said a third source familiar with the investigation. “It isn’t about anyone but him.”<<

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
the video is pretty intimidating and terrifying

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Syracuse going down. There is an ASM pipeline there.

And boewhine could do crap with paid players!!!

Lol orange idiots
how far back does this go? should we be worried? The video is scary

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
how far back does this go? should we be worried? The video is scary

Honestly I don’t know. I’m not naive enough to think we didn’t bend rules along the way. Seems to be de rigeur in the game . Probably as much as some and less than many.

But my take now is who the Hell cares? Nobody has had to suffer more off the court misery this decade for BS reasons. retroactive APR bs and then a good CR screwing. Combine that with the fall of KO and I don’t feel like any news here can make us suffer any more than we already have.

Which is why I’m more than content to let the chips fall where they may and watch this whole sport self-implode. I can’t wait. Let the previously untouchable “ haves” feel every bit of the heat they should’ve all along.

If I have to be miserable as a UConn fan I am vindictive enough person to take great pleasure in others suffering. Sue me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly I don’t know. I’m not naive enough to think we didn’t bend rules along the way. Seems to be de rigeur in the game . Probably as much as some and less than many.

But my take now is who the Hell cares? Nobody has had to suffer more off the court misery this decade for BS reasons. retroactive APR bs and then a good CR screwing. Combine that with the fall of KO and I don’t feel like any news here can make us suffer any more than we already have.

Which is why I’m more than content to let the chips fall where they may and watch this whole sport self-implode. I can’t wait. Let the previously untouchable “ haves” feel every bit of the heat the shouldve all along.

If I have to be miserable as a UConn fan I am vindictive enough person to take great pleasure in others suffering. Sue me.

I agree 100%

Reaction Score
don't start celebrating yet, let's see how this all shakes out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m skeptical.

The investigation has some bad press with some investigator getting pegged for illegal activity and then all of a sudden, we get leaks about how crushing the evidence is.

I’ll believe it when we see it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think schools would be ahead of it at this point and we’d see people getting fired if they were mortified. Either the schools don’t know what happened or they aren’t that concerned.

My guess is it isn’t as shocking as they are leading us to believe. Even with the feds involved, lots of good old boy network stuff will probably go on to protect some schools and their coaches. (K, Cal, Roy).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think schools would be ahead of it at this point and we’d see people getting fired if they were mortified. Either the schools don’t know what happened or they aren’t that concerned.

My guess is it isn’t as shocking as they are leading us to believe. Even with the feds involved, lots of good old boy network stuff will probably go on to protect some schools and their coaches. (K, Cal, Roy).

They'll pick Dickie V as character witness and a member of the penalty committee

Reaction Score

Which is why I’m more than content to let the chips fall where they may and watch this whole sport self-implode. I can’t wait. Let the previously untouchable “ haves” feel every bit of the heat they should’ve all along.

I'm with you man. Blow the whole system up!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Like every purported "bombshell" news report, it comes in like a lion and goes out with a whimper.

Truly doubt this does anything to seriously affect any schools.

The sanctity of games won 7 years ago will be preserved now for all time. Thank god for that.

Reaction Score
NCAA ruling: Everyone was doing it (that matters anyway), therefore it’s been a level playing field, no one gets punished. Now don’t you crazy kids go getting into any more trouble now ya hear!

Also, UConn I need to see you in my office we need to discuss those recruits you were harassing!

Reaction Score
Syracuse going down. There is an ASM pipeline there.

And boewhine couldn’t do crap with paid players!!!

Lol orange idiots
Even with the pick of the litter

jimboeheim+throwtheflagblog.com.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m skeptical.

The investigation has some bad press with some investigator getting pegged for illegal activity and then all of a sudden, we get leaks about how crushing the evidence is.

I’ll believe it when we see it.

A judge already determined that the investigator's partying and boozing was not reason to throw out the evidence. Unless that decision is overturned by a higher court, they've already passed the idiot investigator stage.

Reaction Score
The only ASM connection was Donyell Marshall. All recent guys (Kemba,Drummond, and Lamb) are with Jeffery Schwartz and Hamilton is with his brother's agent. Correct the 'cuse has a recent ASM pipeline with Mccolough, Richardson, and Christmas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom