Thamel: Spreadsheets, wiretaps and bank records detail payment scheme in hoops corruption case | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thamel: Spreadsheets, wiretaps and bank records detail payment scheme in hoops corruption case

Reaction Score
It’s only a matter of time now before investigators get to former players with nothing to lose. Like say a Keith Appling or Rashad McCants or hopefully a William Avery (IDK somebody, anybody that can take down Duke). Maybe they can get the Harrison twins to turn on each other. Anyway, this thing is hopefully going to start coming at schools from all angles until it consumes them.

Reaction Score
Would LOVE to see college athletes completely wiped from the planet. It’s been bastardized to the point where having professional athletes pose as students and being used so Papa Warbucks can rake in the cash is laughabley dated and it’s time for true minor league/development systems across the board

Reaction Score
With a few exceptions, FB has cleaned up it's act some. Any payments to players happen after they arrive on campus. The big duffel bags of cash have mostly all gone to BB. Cam Newton stories aside.

The reasoning is likely just risk/reward. In FB one guy may not make much of a difference when you have another just as good on the radar. Why expose yourself for a guy who isn't on your squad?

In BB, one guy can make a program.

There is also the lack of an AAU culture in FB. The AAU, agent, bags of cash connection isn't really in dispute.

It's ironic if KOs biggest change to recruiting was to be cleaner. I guess we will find out.

I wouldn't say cleaned up, I would say fine tuned, or even perfected in some cases. And while it is not at the level of AAU basketball, the 7 on 7 football scene is full of shady people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom