Thabeet getting NBA Workouts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thabeet getting NBA Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought of Marcus but the competition at the guard position in the NBA is brutal.Thats why KO '' career is so remarkable.
Williams looked good at times but Defense was lacking and he was a step slow.

There are Big men who are stiffs who stuck around the NBA for years .
How many legit 7 footers are there that have that level of athletic ability.

My recollection is that Marcus was out of shape for at least parts of his NBA career. Can't really get more black-and-white than that.

With Thabeet, it's more complicated. I don't know if it's effort or instincts. In hindsight, maybe some of his match-ups with Blair should have foreshadowed the troubles he had at the next level. Def 3 seconds was probably a big change for him as well.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I always thought, and still do, that Marcus Williams fit that bill better than anybody.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. MW is my favorite UConn point guard, but he cheated himself out of an NBA career.

Reaction Score
Sounds great, rooting for Hasheem and I agree if he's in shape and motivated he can absolutely still contribute in the NBA. Probably would need to sharpen his game in NBDL, and needs to dominate there to earn a roster spot. So article talks about workouts in September with last being 9/19-20 what is the current status or is there none?

Reaction Score
Final rosters are due today, I haven't seen him listed anywhere making a roster

The workouts couldn't have been that impressive honestly. What team wouldn't want a 7-2 rim protector if they were playing well

Sounds great, rooting for Hasheem and I agree if he's in shape and motivated he can absolutely still contribute in the NBA. Probably would need to sharpen his game in NBDL, and needs to dominate there to earn a roster spot. So article talks about workouts in September with last being 9/19-20 what is the current status or is there none?

Reaction Score
Final rosters are due today, I haven't seen him listed anywhere making a roster

The workouts couldn't have been that impressive honestly. What team wouldn't want a 7-2 rim protector if they were playing well
Yes, obviously he hasn't even been invited to play for an NBA team, so not amongst last 1-5 cuts pre-roster and certainly not going to suddenly be on someone's roster. So I'd assume again that the path is NBDL, just weird given the timeframe that the article didn't point that. I.e. A - based on the workouts Hasheem expects to field a few invites for NBDL rosters, B - Hasheem knows that even his previous adequate performance in that league isn't enough to make the jump C - his mentality is different this time. D - If he doesn't play in Devel league or get the right invite he plans to play in Spain, widely considered the best non-NBA competition.

Reaction Score
Yes, obviously he hasn't even been invited to play for an NBA team, so not amongst last 1-5 cuts pre-roster and certainly not going to suddenly be on someone's roster. So I'd assume again that the path is NBDL, just weird given the timeframe that the article didn't point that. I.e. A - based on the workouts Hasheem expects to field a few invites for NBDL rosters, B - Hasheem knows that even his previous adequate performance in that league isn't enough to make the jump C - his mentality is different this time. D - If he doesn't play in Devel league or get the right invite he plans to play in Spain, widely considered the best non-NBA competition.

Thanks for the more positive summary of what the expectations could be Dd. Others just seem to have fun with what could result in "failure" for Hasheem.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The guy came into the league and then was lazy apparently? I just thought he was unskilled. If he was lazy and didn't work hard that's on him and the people who surrounds himself with. Drummond signed for $130M, how much motivation would that take exactly?

Thanks for the more positive summary of what the expectations could be Dd. Others just seem to have fun with what could result in "failure" for Hasheem.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom