Thabeet getting NBA Workouts | The Boneyard

Thabeet getting NBA Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

There's a full article with more info, and it's definitely worth reading. Great details about Thabeet's plan to make it back to the NBA. He recently started working with a new trainer (Frank Matrisciano) who's famous for his rigorous workouts - and apparently the results are showing in his recent workouts:

"“When the Knicks came out to see him, they were like, ‘Holy *!’” Matrisciano said. “[New York’s Director of Player Personnel] Mark Hughes and others came out, and the first thing they all said was, ‘Holy *, look at this guy’s body! He is so muscular.’ They go, ‘Look his legs! Look at his back muscles coming out of his shirt!’ I said, ‘I know!’ Now that’s all well and good, but I knew that would happen; it wasn’t a surprise to me. I said, ‘Now, watch how it translates to the court.’ And when they saw the stuff he did on the court, they were like, ‘Holy *.’ He’s moving well, he’s fluid, he’s jumping, he’s showing the athleticism, he’s knocking down shots. I had him at 84 percent shooting, I believe, from the free throw line. It was all documented. It was incredible, and again, that’s why they want to see it. It’s not just about looking great. You may be in the best physical shape of your life, but if you can’t translate it to the court, what good is it? It has translated for Hasheem."

Full article here.

I think the Hassan Whiteside comparisons in the article are a bit optimistic, but I'll be rooting hard for Hasheem to make it back into the NBA.

Reaction Score
Big waste of time and money, he can't play

I hope he saved his money

Although, at 2011 after party came with huge Hummer stretch limo....so no ideal how well he saved

Reaction Score
Of all the UConn players who had less than stellar NBA careers I felt that lack of effort on his part was the chief reason for him not sticking .
I always felt he took the money and ran and That's a sad epitaph
Hopefully he gets it enough to carve a niche somewhere. And change the bio.

Reaction Score
Of all the UConn players who had less than stellar NBA careers I felt that lack of effort on his part was the chief reason for him not sticking .
I think you're on the money. I remember when he was sitting court side at a Heat game with huge diamond earrings shortly after the team was eliminated in 2009. He seems to go Hollywood right away and it most likely affected his work ethic. I can't recall any UConn player improving so drastically though betwee their freshmen and junior seasons so I've always felt the ability war there. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially a Husky.

Reaction Score

There's a full article with more info, and it's definitely worth reading. Great details about Thabeet's plan to make it back to the NBA. He recently started working with a new trainer (Frank Matrisciano) who's famous for his rigorous workouts - and apparently the results are showing in his recent workouts:

"“When the Knicks came out to see him, they were like, ‘Holy *!’” Matrisciano said. “[New York’s Director of Player Personnel] Mark Hughes and others came out, and the first thing they all said was, ‘Holy *, look at this guy’s body! He is so muscular.’ They go, ‘Look his legs! Look at his back muscles coming out of his shirt!’ I said, ‘I know!’ Now that’s all well and good, but I knew that would happen; it wasn’t a surprise to me. I said, ‘Now, watch how it translates to the court.’ And when they saw the stuff he did on the court, they were like, ‘Holy *.’ He’s moving well, he’s fluid, he’s jumping, he’s showing the athleticism, he’s knocking down shots. I had him at 84 percent shooting, I believe, from the free throw line. It was all documented. It was incredible, and again, that’s why they want to see it. It’s not just about looking great. You may be in the best physical shape of your life, but if you can’t translate it to the court, what good is it? It has translated for Hasheem."

Full article here.

I think the Hassan Whiteside comparisons in the article are a bit optimistic, but I'll be rooting hard for Hasheem to make it back into the NBA.

His career stats and resume are NG. Something has to change to improve the numbers.

Hasheem Thabeet - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
If he has put that much work in how can a team such as the Knicks afford to not give him a chance? Give him a dirt cheap contract for a year or later in the season for a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Hes made $16.8 million dollars so far. He's probably doing ok for himself.
I know somebody that got an $8 Million settlement 9 years ago. They don't live over lavishly, but they are almost out of $$$.... Thabeet is from another country, probably supporting his family along with a few other hangers ons (milkers)... He could probably use the payday....

Reaction Score
Calhoun pegged Thabeet correctly years ago. I can't remember how he worded it. Maybe all he said was, thabeet is just a really nice kid. But i think this lack of drive we've seen in his nba career is what JC was talking about. He just doesn't take things very serious. Like everyone else, i would like to see Thabeet ressurect his career.

Reaction Score
I know somebody that got an $8 Million settlement 9 years ago. They don't live over lavishly, but they are almost out of $$$.... Thabeet is from another country, probably supporting his family along with a few other hangers ons (milkers)... He could probably use the payday....

They're spending almost $890,000 a year and not living over lavishly?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I always thought, and still do, that Marcus Williams fit that bill better than anybody.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Then they are doing it wrong. The vast majority of people never come close to making that in a lifetime.

Reaction Score
If you're not rooting for Hasheem you need to check your Husky fandom in at the next game. Would be wonderful to see him on the court again in an NBA game or even on the sideline waiting to get a few minutes. Great kid, great Husky.

Reaction Score
I always thought, and still do, that Marcus Williams fit that bill better than anybody.
I thought of Marcus but the competition at the guard position in the NBA is brutal.Thats why KO '' career is so remarkable.
Williams looked good at times but Defense was lacking and he was a step slow.

There are Big men who are stiffs who stuck around the NBA for years .
How many legit 7 footers are there that have that level of athletic ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom