Texas Rori Harmon out with leg injury | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Texas Rori Harmon out with leg injury

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When you loose 3-4 starters and bring in a bunch of players who have never played together before it aint easy to get the chemistry down. Texas should loose to UConn and if Harmon is not playing it could get ugly. We all have said how good and talented this UConn team is. They are very athletic with some great shooters and some pretty good height that has improved alot. Dont be surprised tomorrow nite and dont be surprised this season.
That's the same way I see it Tony. :D If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow willingly. One starter had double figures = 10 pts. I'd like to think we're better defensively that Louisiana. It would not surprise me if both Azzi and Lou broke 20 points tomorrow. That would put a lot of pressure on Texas. In their only game of the year against Louisiana, they shot 1-11 from 3. [Box score] :confused: That's not going to get it done. :confused:

WHEN, not if we win tomorrow night, the first round is on me. I'll see everyone over at Oldude's post-game thread. Should be a lot to talk about and share after the game. I wonder which one of our players will be chosen as the BADDASS for the game? :eek:

I think Azzi and Lou are the pregame favorites. Who knows, it could be Aaliyah, Aubrey, Ayanna, Nika or even Dorka. They should make BADDASS game sweatshirts (like they do for tournaments) and give one to each game designee. They can wear in public until the next game. After that, it goes in their drawer/closet. Only one BADDASS shirt worn in public at a time. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do you feel that?
Nika in a boot?
Sagging/switching man to man ( zone variation) is broken?
Azzi and Lou gonna shoot Oh fer?
Very difficult to pitch a shutout in D1.
Let her throw up 25 and crush the rest of the team.
Works for me.

Reaction Score
I doubt Gonzalez will pose a significant problem for Nika and Azzi.

If Morris plays, she’s a shooter and might cause problems. But we’ve never been overwhelmed by her before.

Shay Holle seems like a wildcard — she’s 6’0” and quick and can create in the lane. This is a perfect assignment for Caroline or Aubrey.

If Dorka and Aaliyah handle Jones, as I expect, we will dominate in the paint and on the boards.

On offense, i can’t see Gonzalez Morris and Holle keeping up with Azzi and Lou, and Caroline if she plays. We’re too big for them, too talented, and too quick. Getting buckets is a problem for them. It isn’t for us.

I expect Azzi and Lou each to score over 20, and Dorka and Aaliyah will have double doubles. Add Aubrey and Ayanna to the mix and you’re looking at a game in the high 80s on our side. I’ll be surprised if they break 60.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Morris may not play, she left the game with an injury, I believe it was in the 3rd qtr. I don't remember her even coming back to the bench.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Harmon plays. I’d hate for her to sit and then we run into them in the elite 8, not having faced her before. That could send us home. I forget their names but the short guard on NC state and North Carolina has a really good small guard also who scares me. As good as Paige was against NC state, I was relieved that the coach didn’t keep her in very long which was strange to me. She was playing well against us and every time I’ve seen her play, she has been a problem. This year I’m sure she’s starting and she seems like she likes the spotlight. I hope Nika up for it because those are two guards that are tough to deal with.
Diamond Johnson, eh?

Reaction Score
That's the same way I see it Tony. :D If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow willingly. One starter had double figures = 10 pts. I'd like to think we're better defensively that Louisiana. It would not surprise me if both Azzi and Lou broke 20 points tomorrow. That would put a lot of pressure on Texas. In their only game of the year against Louisiana, they shot 1-11 from 3. [Box score] :confused: That's not going to get it done. :confused:

WHEN, not if we win tomorrow night, the first round is on me. I'll see everyone over at Oldude's post-game thread. Should be a lot to talk about and share after the game. I wonder which one of our players will be chosen as the BADDASS for the game? :eek:

I think Azzi and Lou are the pregame favorites. Who knows, it could be Aaliyah, Aubrey, Ayanna, Nika or even Dorka. They should make BADDASS game sweatshirts (like they do for tournaments) and give one to each game designee. They can wear in public until the next game. After that, it goes in their drawer/closet. Only one BADDASS shirt worn in public at a time. ;)
In Texas' previous game their three-point stat was: 6 for 25, so adding that to 1 for 11 = 7 for 36. That is
somewhere less than 20%. And the first game was with Rori Harmon leading the team at point guard.
So, a solid game from Azzi and Lou, good protection of the ball by Nika, and energetic rebounding
and boxing out by our BIG FOUR (Dorka, Aaliyah, Aubrey (not a big widebody, but you get the idea)
and Yanna) = the "W"! Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
We're not at full strength. Unsure if Ducharme will be available for the game, and even if she is, we are down 1 superstar and 1 uber-freshman. So we won't be at full strength for the entire season.

I know it's early but I don't see how this game is close (ie. within 15 points). Even if Texas had Harmon, who do they have that is better than Fudd, Edwards, LLS, or Juhaz? Is Taylor Jones better than Dorka? I'd say they are probably even. And who do they have better off the bench than Griffin and Patterson? Even without Ducharme I can't see how this is close.

The pre-season "experts" wet themselves with excitement over Tennessee and Texas as NC contenders and probable final 4 teams. I didn't buy it for either team. Texas is a few years away from being a final 4 team provided Vic continues to recruit well.
If a player is not expected to play an entire season, I doubt they could be considered to be part of a " full strength scenario". Paige being the perfect example for this season. Last season she was expected to return for the play offs so that was different. I believe it is in that context that the " being at full strength " becomes an issue. In respect to this season,

Wanting to beat Texas at their potential best would indicate the best they could potentially put on the floor this season. This is important in respect to when and if the teams should meet in the playoff. Beating them without a key player would mean that the team they would face in the playoffs would not be the same team. A key player being out and then returning is also considered when teams are bracketed for the NCAA's playoffs. I suspect that wanting to beat Texas with Harmon in the lineup was related to that. It has to do with jocking for rankings.

Paige was out before training camp began and not baing expected to play at all this season it is as if she is not even on the team. Her not being available would not constitute the team not being at full strength for this season. Full strenght would relate to the best team that could potentually be put on the floor this season. It would relate to any player out due to injury that was or might be available to the team this season. Paige was out before the season even began and is not expected to return this season at all.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that “full strength” would indicate that all players on the roster are available to play.
Quite simple, no?
You'd think. People are already setting up the story line that if UConn wins it doesn't mean much because Texas isn't at full strength, it's early in the season, etc.

Reaction Score
You'd think. People are already setting up the story line that if UConn wins it doesn't mean much because Texas isn't at full strength, it's early in the season, etc.
Ikr. Games in November don’t mean nearly as much no matter what. These are first glimpses of teams that haven’t gelled yet. Playing them again later will be vastly different regardless of personnel issues. We lost to SC early last season because we hadn’t figured ourselves out yet — everyone except Paige, that is. What that game mainly showed is that SC had put itself together earlier than everyone else, which spoke volumes about their talent and coaching. But it didn’t mean we couldn’t have beaten them in a second meeting if things had progressed normally.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If a player is not expected to play an entire season, I doubt they could be considered to be part of a " full strength scenario".
UConn is playing the season without two roster players, still on scholarship and expected to contribute, one a former NPOY. They may persevere and overcome, but we will not see them at full strength this season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This whole "full strength" thing has sort of morphed - the original post I replied to said that they wanted to face Texas when they were at full strength. I sort of meandered in my reply, but to clarify a bit... We don't even know if Caroline is going to play tonight, and even if you discount Paige and Ice, even if Caroline IS cleared, i doubt she's 100%. No matter what UCONN won't be at full strength no matter how you slice it.

Frankly I don't care who is "out" for any team we play. There will be TONS of chances for UCONN to test themselves. Statistically it's unlikely that we would face Texas in the NCAA's (64 team bracket, we'd have to be in the same regional to face them before the final 4, and even then, upsets happen). So testing us against them at full strength is irrelevant (IMHO).

What i DO care about is winning every game we can. The "numbers" when it comes time for seeding for the NCAA's does not account for players who were out at the time of the game, etc. Sure the committee manually can make some adjustments, but generally they go off the "numbers', unless a player is injured just before the NCAA's. A game this early in the season - all it will be viewed as is a "win" or "loss".

So I get that some may not agree (I'd be shocked if there were a lot of subjects that ALL fans agreed 100%), but I don't care who is in or out for Texas. We are the walking wounded as well, and frankly, I wouldn't mind if Harmon IS out for the game.

Side note - everyone is talking about how HUGE Harmon is for Texas - UCONN lost the best player in the nation (or top 2), AND one of the best freshmen in the nation (and one of our uber-sophomores is questionable)- and most on here still feel at the very least we are a top 5 team.

Apparently other top teams ONLY have one or 2 really good players (that was sarcasm and annoyance at how the experts have viewed UCONN's chances this season).

My point is it's a testament to how great ALL our players are - our entire team. Take Boston and Rayven Johnson off SC. Take Jones and Betts off Stanford. How good would those teams be? The list goes on and on. The talent we have is shocking when you start comparing like that.

Oh, and next year's class ONLY consists of Arnold, Shade, Samuels, and El-Alfy (one of the top, if not the top, classes in the nation). To quote @Tonyc, the future is bright!! :cool:

Reaction Score
My point is it's a testament to how great ALL our players are - our entire team. Take Boston and Rayven Johnson off SC. Take Jones and Betts off Stanford. How good would those teams be? The list goes on and on. The talent we have is shocking when you start comparing like that.
Sing it, brother!

sun

Reaction Score
Photo of Harmon with the team during their shoot around last night.
Her walking boot is on the sideline.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
reality called, and left the same message as it has since the big bang.
nobody cares for stories aboot why u lost.
just win, baby. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
crush them, whether they come out in wheelchairs, or on roller skates.
leave the jibberjabber on the 'bbut, bbuts!' to the talking farm animals. they need to make a buck, too.

Reaction Score
I just worry about the boards… that is where games are won vs good teams!
Anyone that knows me, you’re preaching to the choir on that point.
Most definitely.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Anyone that knows me, you’re preaching to the choir on that point.
Most definitely.
i don't know u, but your story (which i recently read here)? well, that's sum good mulch right thar, yes indeedy. luv, luv, luv dat! awesome! u win!
we win! everybody wins from stories like that!

Reaction Score
This whole "full strength" thing has sort of morphed - the original post I replied to said that they wanted to face Texas when they were at full strength. I sort of meandered in my reply, but to clarify a bit... We don't even know if Caroline is going to play tonight, and even if you discount Paige and Ice, even if Caroline IS cleared, i doubt she's 100%. No matter what UCONN won't be at full strength no matter how you slice it.

Frankly I don't care who is "out" for any team we play. There will be TONS of chances for UCONN to test themselves. Statistically it's unlikely that we would face Texas in the NCAA's (64 team bracket, we'd have to be in the same regional to face them before the final 4, and even then, upsets happen). So testing us against them at full strength is irrelevant (IMHO).

What i DO care about is winning every game we can. The "numbers" when it comes time for seeding for the NCAA's does not account for players who were out at the time of the game, etc. Sure the committee manually can make some adjustments, but generally they go off the "numbers', unless a player is injured just before the NCAA's. A game this early in the season - all it will be viewed as is a "win" or "loss".

So I get that some may not agree (I'd be shocked if there were a lot of subjects that ALL fans agreed 100%), but I don't care who is in or out for Texas. We are the walking wounded as well, and frankly, I wouldn't mind if Harmon IS out for the game.

Side note - everyone is talking about how HUGE Harmon is for Texas - UCONN lost the best player in the nation (or top 2), AND one of the best freshmen in the nation (and one of our uber-sophomores is questionable)- and most on here still feel at the very least we are a top 5 team.

Apparently other top teams ONLY have one or 2 really good players (that was sarcasm and annoyance at how the experts have viewed UCONN's chances this season).

Oh, and next year's class ONLY consists of Arnold, Shade, Samuels, and El-Alfy (one of the top, if not the top, classes in the nation). To quote @Tonyc, the future is bright!! :cool:
So bright the emoji’s gotta wear shades!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Harmon appears to be out today. Somebody posted a photo of Texas during shootaround at Storrs earlier today. Everyone was in uniform with sneakers on except Harmon, who was on the court in sweats and socks, shooting from outside, with her one shoe and a boot just off the court nearby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom