Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
have anyone else noticed this?
not really the way you want to enter the post season
will they WIN another game this year ?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Surprising they lost to Iowa State, a team that has 11 losses and unlikely to make the tournament. This was a home game for Texas and I presume Sr Night. Charlie Creme had Texas as a 2 Seed. Probably drop to a 3 Seed and if they lose to K State on Monday down to a 4 seed.

Oregon St beat Stanford tonight. Do they deserve the #1 Seed over Notre Dame or Miss St/So Carolina?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Considering that TX was on a roll, the loss to IO St is stunning.

Stanford & OR St are the two best teams in the PAC12, and are likely to meet again in the conference tournament final. The two teams may have the best head coaches in WBB not named Geno or Muffet.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is a bad loss for Texas. Iowa State has givem a couple of teams trouble but Texas should have won this one. No longer a #2 seed for the tourney, another loss could drop them to a 4 seed. They have no chance for the Big 12 regular season title now.

Oregon State over Stanford not so much of an upset. Two every good teams.

Just makes you appreciate what UConn has done this season considering we were supposed to be reloading or rebuilding, take your pick of terminology.

Reaction Score
Surprising they lost to Iowa State, a team that has 11 losses and unlikely to make the tournament. This was a home game for Texas and I presume Sr Night. Charlie Creme had Texas as a 2 Seed. Probably drop to a 3 Seed and if they lose to K State on Monday down to a 4 seed.

Oregon St beat Stanford tonight. Do they deserve the #1 Seed over Notre Dame or Miss St/So Carolina?
Like it. I wonder if Tara is looking over her shoulder as Geno is coming down the hill!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Texas loss to Iowa makes me understand those that say if UConn was in a P5 Conference they wouldn't have a 100+ Game Winning Streak. While Iowa is an average team in the B12, they are better then most of the AAC Teams. This UConn team would have trouble going undefeated in any of the P5 Conferences.

I do think even if in a P5 Conference, UConn would still have a great chance at a 75 plus game winning streak as the last two years UConn teams were dominant with some of the Best Players at their position. The Stanford OT Loss, was a constant reminder to that team, we can't let our guard down. If we include this years team, since they won all of their OOC Games, playing some of the best teams the winning streak would have come close 90 wins and may have exceeded it. However I don't think they get to 100 Wins. The short bench and the foul problems this team has had would have led to a loss in any of the P5 Conferences.

Still a 100+ Game Winning Streak is an amazing accomplishment that I don't think will ever be matched again. With any luck, the Winning Streak at the end of this year will be 114 Games and a 5th Consecutive National Championship. If that happens, who knows how many games the Winning streak will end up at.

Reaction Score
But clearly TX is streaky: started off with losses and now more losses whiich sandwich some great play in between. So, maybe they suck for now but catch the breeze when it counts around Elite 8 time. Still not to be discounted.

Reaction Score
Considering that TX was on a roll, the loss to IO St is stunning.

Stanford & OR St are the two best teams in the PAC12, and are likely to meet again in the conference tournament final. The two teams may have the best head coaches in WBB not named Geno or Muffet.

I love this blog. UCONN fans know basketball. Thanks for the recognition you give to Coach Rueck at OSU. He has done a marvelous job this year with a team that lost two seniors now in the WNBA.

Reaction Score

If OSU wins the PAC12 outright, and gets to the PAC12 championship game, then I believe OSU should get a number 1 seed. I also think if Stanford/UW could get a number 1 seed, should they win out from here, and, Notre Dame/Miss St./So. Carolina stumble in the conference tourneys. Not sure it really matters much between a number 1/2 seed, unless you are in UCONN's region.

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
But clearly TX is streaky: started off with losses and now more losses whiich sandwich some great play in between. So, maybe they suck for now but catch the breeze when it counts around Elite 8 time. Still not to be discounted.
well you know what they say about Texas
everything is BIGGER in TEXAS so only natural for them to lay claim to the Biggest losing streak of the teams currently in the top ten :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I love this blog. UCONN fans know basketball. Thanks for the recognition you give to Coach Rueck at OSU. He has done a marvelous job this year with a team that lost two seniors now in the WNBA.
The BY generally appreciates input from other teams supporters including Beaver fans. Relative to Rueck, I had stated earlier in the season that if he can persuade a handful of top recruits to head up to Corvallis, OSU is capable of winning a national championship.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Texas loss to Iowa makes me understand those that say if UConn was in a P5 Conference they wouldn't have a 100+ Game Winning Streak. While Iowa is an average team in the B12, they are better then most of the AAC Teams. This UConn team would have trouble going undefeated in any of the P5 Conferences.

I do think even if in a P5 Conference, UConn would still have a great chance at a 75 plus game winning streak as the last two years UConn teams were dominant with some of the Best Players at their position. The Stanford OT Loss, was a constant reminder to that team, we can't let our guard down. If we include this years team, since they won all of their OOC Games, playing some of the best teams the winning streak would have come close 90 wins and may have exceeded it. However I don't think they get to 100 Wins. The short bench and the foul problems this team has had would have led to a loss in any of the P5 Conferences.

Still a 100+ Game Winning Streak is an amazing accomplishment that I don't think will ever be matched again. With any luck, the Winning Streak at the end of this year will be 114 Games and a 5th Consecutive National Championship. If that happens, who knows how many games the Winning streak will end up at.
Yeah, except UConn has a ninety game win streak and a seventy game streak while playing in the old BE which at the time was the best conference in the country. The closest any team has come to that is 54. So they can say what they want, but only three teams not named UConn have gone a single year undefeated so it is about the way you approach games and not the quality of opponent.

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
Yeah, except UConn has a ninety game win streak and a seventy game streak while playing in the old BE which at the time was the best conference in the country. The closest any team has come to that is 54. So they can say what they want, but only three teams not named UConn have gone a single year undefeated so it is about the way you approach games and not the quality of opponent.
Exactly my thoughts

Reaction Score

damn it Miami, you beat me to it! :D:D:D

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Whole thread discussing this in the Friday Game 2/24

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is a bad loss for Texas. Iowa State has given a couple of teams trouble but Texas should have won this one. No longer a #2 seed for the tourney, another loss could drop them to a 4 seed. They have no chance for the Big 12 regular season title now.

Oregon State over Stanford not so much of an upset. Two every good teams.

Just makes you appreciate what UConn has done this season considering we were supposed to be reloading or rebuilding, take your pick of terminology.

What UConn is doing, and how they're doing it is remarkable. It's a testament to Geno and his program, what he and his staff has been able to do with a team that was suppose to be "depleted", and rebuilding this season.
Two games left in the regular season, and UConn is the #1 team in the country, and the elephant in the room.

If you're Texas and Stanford, this is not the way you want to go into the tournament. Texas got a pre-tournament look at a dark horse (Boogeyman) Iowa State (17-11/8-9). A loss to a team that you are suppose to beat, that has an unimpressive W/L record, that takes you down. That Texas loss at home was devastating. Oregon State (26-3/15-2) leads the Pac-12 at the moment, so as you say, that road loss by Stanford was not an upset. With all of these late season losses, it will be hard to figure out how the top teams will be seeded. The landscape keeps changing. We'll know come selection Monday. One thing we do know, UConn will win its last two games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stunned about Texas, but UCONN could have easily lost to Tulane not so long ago. Point is that it shows just how impressive the 100+ is. You have to be ON every single game. In the past, several UCONN "stars" could have an off day, or foul trouble, because there was so much depth on the rest of the team. This year, with Nurse injured, it's basically a rotation of 6. VERY slim margin of error for UCONN...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The 70 & 90 Winning Streak Teams were stronger then this years team and they had Super Stars. Do you honestly believe that if you put this team in a P5 Conference, besides the Big Ten, they would still be undefeated? You may, but I don't, especially with Saniya, Crystal and Kia missing time due to injuries and the foul problems this team has occasionally had.

Exactly my thoughts

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The 70 & 90 Winning Streak Teams were stronger then this years team and they had Super Stars. Do you honestly believe that if you put this team in a P5 Conference, besides the Big Ten, they would still be undefeated? You may, but I don't, especially with Saniya, Crystal and Kia missing time due to injuries and the foul problems this team has occasionally had.
Some rampant speculation here. What I do know is that UConn did play the most difficult non-conference schedule in WBB, managing to overcome inexperience, lack of depth, size disadvantages, injuries, bad calls & foul trouble and cold shooting nights; and the Huskies won every single game.

So if we are going to speculate then yes, I do believe it would be possible for this UConn team to go undefeated in any P-5 conference.... but of course we will never know

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
have anyone else noticed this?
not really the way you want to enter the post season
will they WIN another game this year ?
I, for one, see a pleasing symmetry with a 2-4 start, a 19-game winning streak, and an 0-3 closing so far.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If OSU wins the PAC12 outright, and gets to the PAC12 championship game, then I believe OSU should get a number 1 seed. I also think if Stanford/UW could get a number 1 seed, should they win out from here, and, Notre Dame/Miss St./So. Carolina stumble in the conference tourneys. Not sure it really matters much between a number 1/2 seed, unless you are in UCONN's region.

OSU, even if they win out, will not get a #1 seed without help from teams ahead of them. Texas's and Maryland's losses have surely moved OSU up to #6 overall, but they would still need significant help to move ahead of 2 more teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Some rampant speculation here. What I do know is that UConn did play the most difficult non-conference schedule in WBB, managing to overcome inexperience, lack of depth, size disadvantages, injuries, bad calls & foul trouble and cold shooting nights; and the Huskies won every single game.

So if we are going to speculate then yes, I do believe it would be possible for this UConn team to go undefeated in any P-5 conference.... but of course we will never know

UConn's nonconference is tougher than anyone's conference. That's my short answer whenever the haters try to diminish UConn's win streak with this argument.

Reaction Score
I thought Texas was on their way to a 1 seed and than they go and lose 3 in a row. They had no business losing at home to Iowa State. That is not a team that should have lost 7-8 regular season games IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom