Texas on a 3 game losing streak possibly 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas on a 3 game losing streak possibly 4

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The 70 & 90 Winning Streak Teams were stronger then this years team and they had Super Stars. Do you honestly believe that if you put this team in a P5 Conference, besides the Big Ten, they would still be undefeated? You may, but I don't, especially with Saniya, Crystal and Kia missing time due to injuries and the foul problems this team has occasionally had.
Well, the last loss UConn had to an ACC team is a very long time ago, the last loss to an SEC team dates back to Candace Parker's era, the last lost to a Big 12 team dates back to Griner, the last lost to a Pac12 team not Stanford is too long ago to remember, and the last loss to a big10 team ... PSU in an elite eight during the dark ages 10 years ago. We played the top of the Big12, SEC, ACC, and Big10 this year - our OOC was stronger than ND or Baylor or SC's IC, and our IC is as strong or stronger than their OOCs for the most part. That is why we have the best SOS and RPI in the country.

Reaction Score
OSU, even if they win out, will not get a #1 seed without help from teams ahead of them. Texas's and Maryland's losses have surely moved OSU up to #6 overall, but they would still need significant help to move ahead of 2 more teams.
Agreed. I would prefer if OSU wasn't a number 1 seed.

Reaction Score
The 70 & 90 Winning Streak Teams were stronger then this years team and they had Super Stars. Do you honestly believe that if you put this team in a P5 Conference, besides the Big Ten, they would still be undefeated? You may, but I don't, especially with Saniya, Crystal and Kia missing time due to injuries and the foul problems this team has occasionally had.

Yes, I do.

We've had this discussion in past years, particularly when fans of the ACC and SEC teams post (in other forums) that Connecticut would lose regularly if they played in their leagues, the rebuttal was, and is, that if Connecticut already beat the top three or four teams in your league, what makes you think that the Vanderbilts of the world are going to knock them off? Granted the margin for error is somewhat narrower, and there's always a chance of a Tulane night, but UConn's chances of success against "the rest of the league" in any other league would be the same.

ACC - Connecticut has already beaten Notre Dame and squeaked by Florida State. The third team is Duke, and we all know how they've fared against the Huskies over the last ten years; despite their recent ascendency; nothing makes me think that would've changed this year if they had continued the series. Louisville and Syracuse vs South Florida and Temple, not likely to beat UConn though they'd might be closer games.

Big 12 - Connecticut has already beaten Baylor, Texas, and Kansas State, but didn't play Oklahoma (third in the current standings). After that the remaining teams all have losing conference records; I suspect the current Connecticut team would fare well.

Big Ten - Connecticut has already beaten Maryland and Ohio State. Third-place Michigan is ranked, but it's unlikely they or any of the other remaining teams would be favored to beat Connecticut.

SEC - Connecticut has beaten South Carolina and of course not played Mississippi State - yet. I have to give a little respect to our visitors from the South and acknowledge that the SEC has been, year in and year out, one of the strongest conferences top to bottom. It's still a more "even" conference than most, but not as strong on the whole as in the past. The third and fourth teams in the SEC, Kentucky and Missouri, bracket Temple in the writers' poll and aren't even in the coaches poll.

PAC 12 - a little more of a mystery since Connecticut hasn't played any teams from this conference this year. The best three teams are ranked at just about the top ten level and there are several other ranked teams in the poll, but based on Connecticut's record against the top ten I don't see any of them as realistic winners over Connecticut...except for Stanford, a team that ended the 70 game streak, that interrupted the current 150 game streak, and that knocked Connecticut out of the 2008 Final Four, which I believe makes Charde, Keitia, and Mel the only four year (or more) players to matriculate since 1996 and not win a National Championship.

Stanford is kryptonite.

But otherwise the reality is that except for the top two or three teams in each conference, no other teams in any of the Power 5 conferences is any more of a significant threat than the teams in the AAC. Don't forget the closest game that Connecticut played this year other than FSU was in conference. And that otherwise Connecticut has beaten almost all of those top two or three teams, so there's no reason to think the results would be any different regardless of which league they played.

Anyway, gotta go - this is already too long, and besides, 8'm watching this game on the 'net, and there's a great halftime feature on ESPN about Phi Slamma Jamma....

Reaction Score
The Texas loss to Iowa makes me understand those that say if UConn was in a P5 Conference they wouldn't have a 100+ Game Winning Streak. While Iowa is an average team in the B12, they are better then most of the AAC Teams. This UConn team would have trouble going undefeated in any of the P5 Conferences.

I do think even if in a P5 Conference, UConn would still have a great chance at a 75 plus game winning streak as the last two years UConn teams were dominant with some of the Best Players at their position. The Stanford OT Loss, was a constant reminder to that team, we can't let our guard down. If we include this years team, since they won all of their OOC Games, playing some of the best teams the winning streak would have come close 90 wins and may have exceeded it. However I don't think they get to 100 Wins. The short bench and the foul problems this team has had would have led to a loss in any of the P5 Conferences.

Still a 100+ Game Winning Streak is an amazing accomplishment that I don't think will ever be matched again. With any luck, the Winning Streak at the end of this year will be 114 Games and a 5th Consecutive National Championship. If that happens, who knows how many games the Winning streak will end up at.
Not sure I understand the message. "Having trouble going undefeated in any P5 conference." Stack up Maryland, Baylor, etc. and you have your answer. Never thought I would see this level of outstanding performance when year kicked off.

Reaction Score
The Texas loss to Iowa makes me understand those that say if UConn was in a P5 Conference they wouldn't have a 100+ Game Winning Streak. While Iowa is an average team in the B12, they are better then most of the AAC Teams. This UConn team would have trouble going undefeated in any of the P5 Conferences.

I do think even if in a P5 Conference, UConn would still have a great chance at a 75 plus game winning streak as the last two years UConn teams were dominant with some of the Best Players at their position. The Stanford OT Loss, was a constant reminder to that team, we can't let our guard down. If we include this years team, since they won all of their OOC Games, playing some of the best teams the winning streak would have come close 90 wins and may have exceeded it. However I don't think they get to 100 Wins. The short bench and the foul problems this team has had would have led to a loss in any of the P5 Conferences.

Still a 100+ Game Winning Streak is an amazing accomplishment that I don't think will ever be matched again. With any luck, the Winning Streak at the end of this year will be 114 Games and a 5th Consecutive National Championship. If that happens, who knows how many games the Winning streak will end up at.
"On any given night"... any team in any sport can fall to an underdog. Happens often...in pro, college, and youth sports. But I am always troubled by those who say... "If UCONN was in a P5 conference...." UCONN has played pretty much the best of every conference in the Country, with the exception of the PAC 12... and they beat the best those conferences have, in some cases the #1, #2 and #3 teams. Just sayin' if UCONN beats the best the other conferences can put up, it stands to reason they can beat the others...

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Of course I do, all you have to do is show me a P5 Conference this year that is tougher than the following:

#12 Florida State, #2 Baylor, #15 DePaul,
#14 Texas, #2 Notre Dame, #12 Ohio State,
#4 Maryland, #20 [URL='http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/58/south-florida-bulls']South Florida, #6 [URL='http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2579/south-carolina-gamecocks']South Carolina, #23 [URL='http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/218/temple-owls']Temple [/URL][/URL][/URL]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom